Levelwave©

Default El Yucateco Habanero Sauce

Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What a
surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty damn hot.

~john
CaptCook

"Levelwave©" wrote ...
> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld...

What a
> surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty

damn hot.

It comes in several varieties. All good. And inexpensive.

Mikko Peltoniemi

Levelwave© wrote:

> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What a
> surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty damn
> hot.

True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
a lot of them are not hot at all.

For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
virtually no heat at all.

I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
Richard Periut

Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
> Levelwave© wrote:
>
>> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What
>> a surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty
>> damn hot.

> True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
> a lot of them are not hot at all.
>
> For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
> virtually no heat at all.
>
> I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
> foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.

I like the Tabasco Habanero sauce. Has anyone here tried it?

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
> Levelwave© wrote:
>
>> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What
>> a surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty
>> damn hot.

> True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
> a lot of them are not hot at all.
>
> For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
> virtually no heat at all.
>
> I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
> foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.

I like the Tabasco Habanero sauce. Has anyone here tried it?

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Wayne wrote:

> Richard Periut > wrote in news:PM21d.117596
> :
>

>>Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:

>>>True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
>>>a lot of them are not hot at all.
>>>
>>>For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
>>>virtually no heat at all.
>>>
>>>I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
>>>foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.
>>>

>>I like the Tabasco Habanero sauce. Has anyone here tried it?
>>
>>Rich
>>

> Yes, and I like it. I used it on omelettes, scrambled eggs, and in
> cooking.

Same goes here. Especially with salsa; I just love the nuances that the
sauce imparts the salsa.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Wayne

Richard Periut > wrote in news:PM21d.117596
:

> Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
>> Levelwave© wrote:
>>
>>> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What
>>> a surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty
>>> damn hot.

>> True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
>> a lot of them are not hot at all.
>>
>> For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
>> virtually no heat at all.
>>
>> I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
>> foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.
>>

> I like the Tabasco Habanero sauce. Has anyone here tried it?
>
> Rich

Yes, and I like it. I used it on omelettes, scrambled eggs, and in
cooking.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

Richard Periut > wrote in news:PM21d.117596
:

> Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
>> Levelwave© wrote:
>>
>>> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What
>>> a surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty
>>> damn hot.

>> True, a lot of so called hot sauces taste just like vinegar. And
>> a lot of them are not hot at all.
>>
>> For example, I just bought a Goya Habanero sauce, and tasted
>> virtually no heat at all.
>>
>> I thought it was just me, that I had already gotten used to so spicy
>> foods, that I didn't taste it, but then my wife said the same thing.
>>

> I like the Tabasco Habanero sauce. Has anyone here tried it?
>
> Rich

Yes, and I like it. I used it on omelettes, scrambled eggs, and in
cooking.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Levelwave©

Richard Periut wrote:

> Same goes here. Especially with salsa; I just love the nuances that the
> sauce imparts the salsa.

I've have it and use it often, that is until I stumbled upon this El
Yucateco. Similar flavor but the Yucateco is hotter and taste a little
bolder to me...

~john
Levelwave©

Richard Periut wrote:

> Same goes here. Especially with salsa; I just love the nuances that the
> sauce imparts the salsa.

I've have it and use it often, that is until I stumbled upon this El
Yucateco. Similar flavor but the Yucateco is hotter and taste a little
bolder to me...

~john

Levelwave©

Richard Periut wrote:

> Same goes here. Especially with salsa; I just love the nuances that the
> sauce imparts the salsa.

I've have it and use it often, that is until I stumbled upon this El
Yucateco. Similar flavor but the Yucateco is hotter and taste a little
bolder to me...

~john
Isaac Wingfield

In article >,
Levelwave(C) > wrote:

> Just picked up a bottle of this out of the blue at Wallyworld... What a
> surprise - Wonderful stuff. It's not diluted in vinegar and pretty damn hot.

It comes in red and green, and they are not too similar in flavor. Green
*may* be hotter, but I prefer the flavor of the red.

Try it on mac & cheese. Makes the stuff downright edible.

Isaac
Levelwave©

Isaac Wingfield wrote:

> Try it on mac & cheese. Makes the stuff downright edible.

Edible? Whose mac 'n cheese you been eatin'? It don't always come in a
box dontcha' know

~john
Isaac Wingfield

In article >,
Levelwave(C) > wrote:

> Isaac Wingfield wrote:
>
> > Try it on mac & cheese. Makes the stuff downright edible.

> Edible? Whose mac 'n cheese you been eatin'? It don't always come in a
> box dontcha' know

Box? It comes in a box?

Isaac