Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

Default In Praise of Harney Teas

I have just discovered Harney teas, and am blown away.

Harney teas are to teas as Penzey herbs are to herbs.

The aroma and bouquet of the *dried* tea, even before steeping, are just
incredible. It's like smelling the finest potpourri; open a tin of
Harney's tea and it's like walking through a garden after a fresh
morning rain. Absolutely incredible.

Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).

They carry it at Barnes and Noble out here (in the 'Starbucks"
concessions).

Anne

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Columnist, Advocate for Fathers and Against Spam
http://www.accidentalevangelist.com
Wayne

"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in
:

> I have just discovered Harney teas, and am blown away.
>
> Harney teas are to teas as Penzey herbs are to herbs.
>
> The aroma and bouquet of the *dried* tea, even before steeping, are
> just incredible. It's like smelling the finest potpourri; open a tin
> of Harney's tea and it's like walking through a garden after a fresh
> morning rain. Absolutely incredible.
>
> Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
> bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).
>
> They carry it at Barnes and Noble out here (in the 'Starbucks"
> concessions).
>
> Anne

Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea and
coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really check out
McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895. I've been
buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their shop in
Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip to NYC I
always come home with a valise full.

McvNulty's has a website (http://www.mcnultys.com/), but only take
orders by phone or fax. I don't think their website has prices, but the
last time I ordered Earl Grey, it was around $20/lb. You can order a
full catalog with prices on their website.

I have no connection with mcMulty's, other than that of a devoted
customer.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

In article >,
Wayne > wrote:

> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea and
> coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really check out
> McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895. I've been
> buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their shop in
> Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip to NYC I
> always come home with a valise full.

Wayne, thanks! Although I can never think of the Village, where I
stomped as a kid, without mourning the passing of Balduccis.

Anne

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Columnist, Advocate for Fathers and Against Spam
http://www.accidentalevangelist.com
http://www.aunty-spam.com
http://www.dadsrights.org
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

In article >,
Wayne > wrote:

> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea and
> coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really check out
> McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895. I've been
> buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their shop in
> Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip to NYC I
> always come home with a valise full.

Wayne, thanks! Although I can never think of the Village, where I
stomped as a kid, without mourning the passing of Balduccis.

Anne

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Columnist, Advocate for Fathers and Against Spam
http://www.accidentalevangelist.com
http://www.aunty-spam.com
http://www.dadsrights.org
Wayne

"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Wayne > wrote:
>
>> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea
>> and coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really
>> check out McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895.
>> I've been buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their
>> shop in Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip
>> to NYC I always come home with a valise full.

> Wayne, thanks! Although I can never think of the Village, where I
> stomped as a kid, without mourning the passing of Balduccis.
>
> Anne

I sympathize, Anne. It must have been wonderful growing up around
there. I only lived in NYC for 2 years while I was in design school,
but made 3-4 trips a year there for nearly 3 decades. I can hardly
remember a trip without a stop a Balducci's, and a full shopping bag
back on the plane! I couldn't believe it when they closed. It was a
family feud of latter generation that precipitated it, wasn't it?

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Wayne

"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> Wayne > wrote:
>
>> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea
>> and coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really
>> check out McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895.
>> I've been buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their
>> shop in Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip
>> to NYC I always come home with a valise full.

> Wayne, thanks! Although I can never think of the Village, where I
> stomped as a kid, without mourning the passing of Balduccis.
>
> Anne

I sympathize, Anne. It must have been wonderful growing up around
there. I only lived in NYC for 2 years while I was in design school,
but made 3-4 trips a year there for nearly 3 decades. I can hardly
remember a trip without a stop a Balducci's, and a full shopping bag
back on the plane! I couldn't believe it when they closed. It was a
family feud of latter generation that precipitated it, wasn't it?

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Wayne > wrote:

> "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in
> :
>
> > I have just discovered Harney teas, and am blown away.
> >
> > Harney teas are to teas as Penzey herbs are to herbs.
> >
> > The aroma and bouquet of the *dried* tea, even before steeping, are
> > just incredible. It's like smelling the finest potpourri; open a tin
> > of Harney's tea and it's like walking through a garden after a fresh
> > morning rain. Absolutely incredible.
> >
> > Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
> > bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).
> >
> > They carry it at Barnes and Noble out here (in the 'Starbucks"
> > concessions).
> >
> > Anne
> >

> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea and
> coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really check out
> McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895. I've been
> buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their shop in
> Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip to NYC I
> always come home with a valise full.
>
> McvNulty's has a website (http://www.mcnultys.com/), but only take
> orders by phone or fax. I don't think their website has prices, but the
> last time I ordered Earl Grey, it was around $20/lb. You can order a
> full catalog with prices on their website.
>
> I have no connection with mcMulty's, other than that of a devoted
> customer.

Anne, you can also order good tea from Grace (www.gracetea.com). I
haven't ordered any from them since I've finally found a good source of
bulk tea in my neighborhood in Seattle.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Wayne > wrote:

> "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in
> :
>
> > I have just discovered Harney teas, and am blown away.
> >
> > Harney teas are to teas as Penzey herbs are to herbs.
> >
> > The aroma and bouquet of the *dried* tea, even before steeping, are
> > just incredible. It's like smelling the finest potpourri; open a tin
> > of Harney's tea and it's like walking through a garden after a fresh
> > morning rain. Absolutely incredible.
> >
> > Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
> > bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).
> >
> > They carry it at Barnes and Noble out here (in the 'Starbucks"
> > concessions).
> >
> > Anne
> >

> Reading your description reminded me of my favorite source for tea and
> coffee. Anne, if you're really into fine tea, you must really check out
> McNulty's Tea & Coffee Co. They were established in 1895. I've been
> buying tea and coffee there for over 30 years, from their shop in
> Greenwich Village. I usually mail-order, but on every trip to NYC I
> always come home with a valise full.
>
> McvNulty's has a website (http://www.mcnultys.com/), but only take
> orders by phone or fax. I don't think their website has prices, but the
> last time I ordered Earl Grey, it was around $20/lb. You can order a
> full catalog with prices on their website.
>
> I have no connection with mcMulty's, other than that of a devoted
> customer.

Anne, you can also order good tea from Grace (www.gracetea.com). I
haven't ordered any from them since I've finally found a good source of
bulk tea in my neighborhood in Seattle.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Edwin Pawlowski

> > > Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
> > > bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).

Bags???? Real tea drinkers brew loose tea in an infuser. Loose tea tend to
have longer and larger leafs for better flavor.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Edwin Pawlowski

> > > Incredible enough that I willingly shelled out $7.00 for a tin of 20
> > > bags (each bag makes 2 cups, though).

Bags???? Real tea drinkers brew loose tea in an infuser. Loose tea tend to
have longer and larger leafs for better flavor.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Bags???? Real tea drinkers brew loose tea in an infuser. Loose tea tend to
> have longer and larger leafs for better flavor.

Yep, it was all they had, and it was *that* good.

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Columnist, Advocate for Fathers and Against Spam
http://www.accidentalevangelist.com
http://www.aunty-spam.com
http://www.dadsrights.org
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Bags???? Real tea drinkers brew loose tea in an infuser. Loose tea tend to
> have longer and larger leafs for better flavor.

Yep, it was all they had, and it was *that* good.

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Columnist, Advocate for Fathers and Against Spam
http://www.accidentalevangelist.com
http://www.aunty-spam.com
http://www.dadsrights.org
Chris and Bob Neidecker

"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." > wrote in message
> I have just discovered Harney teas, and am blown away.

I had one of their teas once...it the plum flavored tea (might have been
decaf). I had it at a restaurant and it was so good that I brought the bag
home with me so I wouldn't forget the name.

Chris and Bob Neidecker

Harney Sends Stuff Scott Dorsey Tea 0 07-10-2012 12:03 AM
Industry Packed teas or loose teas? STJones Tea 5 06-02-2006 02:24 PM
Advice for Harney's Top Ti Quan Yin - somewhat long Mark Edwards Tea 5 07-11-2005 02:51 PM
Harney's Darjeeling Blend Robert Dunbar Tea 0 14-07-2004 12:25 PM
Strange Harney Sencha Brewing Instructions Sam Tea 6 06-11-2003 02:09 AM