MurphAssoc

Default Easy cheesecake recipe?

If there is such a thing, I'd like to make one.
TIA,
Judith
Karen

"MurphAssoc" > wrote in message
> If there is such a thing, I'd like to make one.
> TIA,
> Judith

This is really easy to make, and I think it's one of the best cheesecakes
I've ever had.

Karen

Junior's Cheesecake
From "The New York Cookbook" by Molly O'Neill

1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
30 ounces (3 3/4 large packages) cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a
8-inch springform pan. Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the graham
cracker crumbs and refrigerate the pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the cornstarch. Beat in the cream
cheese. Beat in the egg. Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream, beating
constantly. Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the mixture into the
prepared pan. Bake until the top is golden, 40 to 45 min. Cool in the pan on
a wire rack for 3 hrs.

Serves 8 to 10

MurphAssoc

Thanks so much, both for the recipe and the prompt help. Will go get the cream
cheese now!
Merry Christmas,
Judith
LIMEYNO1

* Exported from MasterCook *

Helen's Light Cheesecake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Family

-----MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-----
-----CRUST-----
1 c Graham crumbs
1/2 ts Cinnamon
2 tb Margarine, melted
1/3 c Brown sugar
-----FILLING-----
1 1/4 Pound Cottage cheese,
Well
Drained
1/2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
2 tb Cointreau
-----TOPPING-----
1 c Yogurt
2 tb Sugar
1/4 ts Vanilla
10 Inch spring form pan.

Preheat oven to 350.

CRUST: Mix crumbs, margarine, cinnamon and sugar. Press into bottom
of a

FILLING: In processor, blend cheese til smooth. Add sugar OR
equivalent artificial sweetener and blend til smooth. Add eggs then
vanilla and liqueur. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Cake will
appear slightly puffed. Do not allow to brown. Remove and let rest
for 5 minutes. Make topping by blending all ingredients. Artificial
sweetener can again replace the sugar if desired. Spoon over cake.
Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature and chill over night.
Serve with any fruit topping desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 325 Calories; 2g Fat (5.9% calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 72g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 51mg
Cholesterol; 31mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0