Jerry Brandt

Default RONCO food dehydrator CLEANUP??????

I have a Ronco food dehydrator and I use it mainly for beef jerky. I buy a
real nice roast and slice it on a meet slicer into slivers. I then soak it
over night in marinade.

I then place the pieces on the trays and let it do its thing over night.

BUT AFTERWARDS, the problem begins. CLEANUP.

I have searched the net everywhere, including all the news groups on how to
get the cooked on the tray stuff.

Everywhere I go I get, EASY CLEANUP.

There is no way so far as I have found to get this tuff out of the trays
cracks, except to pick it out with a small knife and scrub with a stiff
brush and pick some more.

I am about to try the local carwash high pressure spray.

Does anyone know how to EASILY clean up these trays??

The Office Party

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:45:43 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:35:01 GMT, "Jerry Brandt"
> > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how to EASILY clean up these trays??

> Soak them (might use to a larger vessel as they're pretty wide). Then
> spray with with the sink sprayer or hose them off outside.
>
> Put them in the dishwasher.
>
> Don't clean them. Technically, they should be pretty sanitary since
> everything is dried (and probably salty).
>
> -sw

Spray with Pam etc before use
Vox Humana

"Jerry Brandt" > wrote in message
t...
> I have a Ronco food dehydrator and I use it mainly for beef jerky. I buy a
> real nice roast and slice it on a meet slicer into slivers. I then soak it
> over night in marinade.
>
> I then place the pieces on the trays and let it do its thing over night.
>
> BUT AFTERWARDS, the problem begins. CLEANUP.
>
> I have searched the net everywhere, including all the news groups on how

> get the cooked on the tray stuff.
>
> Everywhere I go I get, EASY CLEANUP.
>
> There is no way so far as I have found to get this tuff out of the trays
> cracks, except to pick it out with a small knife and scrub with a stiff
> brush and pick some more.
>
> I am about to try the local carwash high pressure spray.
>
> Does anyone know how to EASILY clean up these trays??

If they are non-reactive (plastic or stainless) you can use oven cleaner.
Just put everything in a plastic garbage bag, spray with heavy-duty oven
cleaner, and leave for several hours. You might also try Dawn Power
Dissolver. It's a little easier on the skin and smells a lot better. You
will have to let the Dawn work for a couple hours.

robert

"Jerry Brandt" > wrote in message
t...
> I have a Ronco food dehydrator and I use it mainly for beef jerky. I buy a
> real nice roast and slice it on a meet slicer into slivers. I then soak it
> over night in marinade.
>
> I then place the pieces on the trays and let it do its thing over night.
>
> BUT AFTERWARDS, the problem begins. CLEANUP.
>
> I have searched the net everywhere, including all the news groups on how

> get the cooked on the tray stuff.
>
> Everywhere I go I get, EASY CLEANUP.
>
> There is no way so far as I have found to get this tuff out of the trays
> cracks, except to pick it out with a small knife and scrub with a stiff
> brush and pick some more.
>
> I am about to try the local carwash high pressure spray.
>
> Does anyone know how to EASILY clean up these trays??

Very simple-I have one too.
For the white perforated trays, soak them overnight in a soapy water. For
the hard plastic trays, put them into the dishwasher. For the teflon-coated
trays, they can also be soaked overnight, but will deteriorate with age.
When they are no longer any good, use parchment paper instead.