Dimitri

Default Mini Cheesecake question

I'm going to buy some smaller 4" springform pans for some mini cheesecakes.
I'll be using a fairly standard recipe.

Should there be a change in the time/temperature for baking of the smaller
cheesecakes? What do you think?

Thanks

Dimitri

Frogleg

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:11:50 GMT, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>I'm going to buy some smaller 4" springform pans for some mini cheesecakes.
>I'll be using a fairly standard recipe.
>
>Should there be a change in the time/temperature for baking of the smaller
>cheesecakes? What do you think?

Top of my head, no experience, answer. Same temperature; less time.
That is, you're going to have to watch them and check for the other
"done" criteria. Don't forget to make notes for the next time.
Sharon Chilson

Good question Dimitri! Just this morning I was at Walmart and I saw some
mini cheesecake pans. I almost bought them, but what stopped me was not
knowing how long to bake them.

Dimitri

"Sharon Chilson" > wrote in message

> Good question Dimitri! Just this morning I was at Walmart and I saw some
> mini cheesecake pans. I almost bought them, but what stopped me was not
> knowing how long to bake them.

Do you remember the price?

Thanks

Dimitri

Bob Pastorio

Dimitri wrote:

> I'm going to buy some smaller 4" springform pans for some mini cheesecakes.
> I'll be using a fairly standard recipe.
>
> Should there be a change in the time/temperature for baking of the smaller
> cheesecakes? What do you think?

The time should be shortened for the same reasons that cupcakes are
baked for a shorter time than full-loaf cake. It's hard to forecast
the time difference, though. A general rule of thumb for cupcakes is
40%to50% of the full cook time. But that's for cakes with a
considerably smaller diameter than 4".

Pastorio

Richard's ~JA~

>Dimitri wrote:
>I'm going to buy some smaller 4" springform
>pans for some mini cheesecakes. I'll be using
>a fairly standard recipe. Should there be a
>change in the time/temperature for baking of
>the smaller cheesecakes? What do you think? >>Pastorio wrote:
>>The time should be shortened for the same
>>reasons that cupcakes are baked for a
>>shorter time than full-loaf cake. It's hard to
>>forecast the time difference, though. A
>>general rule of thumb for cupcakes is
>>40%to50% of the full cook time. But that's for
>>cakes with a considerably smaller diameter
>>than 4".

Dimitri, please do report back on how you fair with using the mini pans
for your cheesecake. After several years of trying out various recipes,
I have finally settled on just one mixture that pleases me for
cheesecake. I also bought a set of mini pans, probably five years ago
that I've yet to use for anything. Using these wee pans for the
cheesecake would be a good answer to my not wanting all of an entire
reguilar sized pie for myself, and better suit my giving half to a
sweets loving, though never baking neighbor friend.

A Gramma's Cheesecake
First part of ingredients, pie:
12 oz. cream cheese
2 whole eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 graham or vanilla wafer pie crust (fresh made, do not use pre-packaged
brands, ever)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; blend until smooth, first four ingredients.
Pour into the pie shell. ently shake or tap the pan on the counter to
be sure it setsin the middle. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees and let
this stage cool while you....
Second part of ingredients, topping:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 Tbsp. white sugar
Blend topping ingredients, pour over the slightly cooled first step
mixture to then return to oven to bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven to cool and chill for at least 4-5 hours, or over night
before serving.

=A0=A0=A0Picky ~JA~

Sharon Chilson

I think the mini cheesecake pans were just under $4 each at Walmart.