Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Default Thank you for all your help... its much appreciated!

Hello again!

I am still sort of new to cooking... but thanks to some of you, the great
posts on this newsgroup & the excellent FAQ, I've made some decent meals for
my family... and moms able to enjoy her time after work now... instead of
running home from work and starting on dinner immediately, so from both of
us... THANKS... We really appreciate it! Although, the rest of my family
may not be so happy with the meals I've created compared to my moms cooking
;-) But, I'm getting better (I hope)... and I really enjoy cooking... so its
all good.

Spent a good chunk of today learning about spices from mom, and reorganizing
them, labeling them in English and Hindi (with help from a link on the FAQ)
so I can start following some Indian recipes for the family... WOW... there
are a lot of different spices! Think my mom learnt a couple new names too.

I saw a couple newbie's get slammed in some postings for asking for
recipes... they were directed to google, etc... I was a little disappointed
by that because I've used a lot of search engines... but there is so much
info out there... sometimes people get lost.

The FAQ though, is a great resource... well organized, very informative,
didn't even come across one broken link... its a great tool for any cook...
well done to those that maintain it!

Looking forward to moving on to my online cooking 201 course... take care
everyone, and once again... thank you!

Dinesh Mahtani (Dino)

Frogleg

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:46:50 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> wrote:

>I saw a couple newbie's get slammed in some postings for asking for
>recipes... they were directed to google, etc... I was a little disappointed
>by that because I've used a lot of search engines... but there is so much
>info out there... sometimes people get lost.

I don't think posters are often "slammed" for recipe requests.
Directing them to Google is a helpful hint. I.e., when someone posts
"give me chiken recipees." If, on the other hand, someone posts, "I've
never made a roast chicken before and would like a really simple and
foolproof recipe or method you have had success with," he/she will
probably get some good responses. And then the thread will wander off
into tales of Thanksgiving turkey disasters and the definition of Rock
Cornish Game Hens. :-)
Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)

Hi!

I continued reading the postings today on one of those threads and I see
where the person was coming from... Feel like a bit of a nut now for even
mentioning that.

I know I sure can use some tips on how to search for recipes... and they
might even be good for the FAQ too. I'm going to check out the help on
Google and experiment a little.

Take care,

Dinesh.

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:46:50 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> > wrote:
>
> I don't think posters are often "slammed" for recipe requests.
> Directing them to Google is a helpful hint. I.e., when someone posts
> "give me chiken recipees." If, on the other hand, someone posts, "I've
> never made a roast chicken before and would like a really simple and
> foolproof recipe or method you have had success with," he/she will
> probably get some good responses. And then the thread will wander off
> into tales of Thanksgiving turkey disasters and the definition of Rock
> Cornish Game Hens. :-)

j*ni p.

Hark! I heard Frogleg > say:
> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:46:50 GMT, "Dinesh Mahtani \(Dino\)"
> > wrote:
>
> >I saw a couple newbie's get slammed in some postings for asking for
> >recipes... they were directed to google, etc... I was a little disappointed
> >by that because I've used a lot of search engines... but there is so much
> >info out there... sometimes people get lost.

> I don't think posters are often "slammed" for recipe requests.
> Directing them to Google is a helpful hint. I.e., when someone posts
> "give me chiken recipees." If, on the other hand, someone posts, "I've
> never made a roast chicken before and would like a really simple and
> foolproof recipe or method you have had success with," he/she will
> probably get some good responses. And then the thread will wander off
> into tales of Thanksgiving turkey disasters and the definition of Rock
> Cornish Game Hens. :-)

What an excellent portrayal of how rfc works. Sounds like FAQ
material...

--
j*ni p. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!