Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Pleasant Zone

I'm in that pleasant zone... the place between Thanksgiving dinner and
dessert. It is located at the corner of Satisfaction Ave. and
Anticipation Lane.

Time to sit, let the belt out a notch and think about the oncoming
destruction of pie and ice cream.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:
> I'm in that pleasant zone... the place between Thanksgiving dinner and
> dessert. It is located at the corner of Satisfaction Ave. and
> Anticipation Lane.
>
> Time to sit, let the belt out a notch and think about the oncoming
> destruction of pie and ice cream.
>
> George L

We were there a few hours ago. All I wanted was a nap.

I settled for small pieces (yeah, right!) of pumpkin
followed by chocolate cream pie. The latter was special
for our 8 yr. old grandson who was fitted with braces
Wednesday. I keep remembering when he was about 3 and
used to ask me to make "choco-wit" pie.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> George Leppla wrote:
>> I'm in that pleasant zone... the place between Thanksgiving dinner and
>> dessert. It is located at the corner of Satisfaction Ave. and
>> Anticipation Lane.
>>
>> Time to sit, let the belt out a notch and think about the oncoming
>> destruction of pie and ice cream.
>>
>> George L

> We were there a few hours ago. All I wanted was a nap.
>
> I settled for small pieces (yeah, right!) of pumpkin
> followed by chocolate cream pie. The latter was special
> for our 8 yr. old grandson who was fitted with braces
> Wednesday. I keep remembering when he was about 3 and
> used to ask me to make "choco-wit" pie.

I had no room for pie at all, and the period between dinner and dessert was
anything but pleasant. I completely overate. Mostly filled up before the
meal, unfortunately. My sister and I went over to mom's at 8:30am and
cooked most of the meal. The turkey, gravy, the stuffing was cooked ahead
so only had to do the actually cooking part, polished silver, set the table,
washed too many pots and pans so they wouldn't sit, and all the time
munching on "stuff". Mostly dips and bread crackers, celery (which was
amazing), nuts, other crudités.

I hope dad was watching over us laughing at my sister and I asking each
other questions about mom's house like where does she keep this? and how do
you work this coffee maker? and what does this instruction mean in mom's
turkey directions? and I swear the answer to each other's questions was
always "I don't know". It turned out well, though.

[TN] Several pleasant surprises Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 3 03-04-2013 03:38 PM
Pleasant Sunday Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 6 29-06-2009 10:11 AM
Pleasant Surprise aem General Cooking 11 15-12-2008 05:26 PM
Pleasant surprise David M. Harris Tea 0 19-10-2006 03:32 AM
Pleasant Surprise Larry Wine 0 06-01-2004 12:05 AM