Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Substitute for port wine in dessert?

In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10
minutes) a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else
taste more or less the same?

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 2:56*pm, Lenona > wrote:
> In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10
> minutes) a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else
> taste more or less the same?
>
> Lenona.

Madeira or Marsala

Biff
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lenona wrote:
> In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10
> minutes) a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else
> taste more or less the same?
>
> Lenona.

You could try sherry or marsala for a similar taste but port is port.
You might also like a nice white wine with the raspberries.
--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:41:25 -0800, Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. wrote:

> Lenona wrote:
>> In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10 minutes)
>> a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else taste more
>> or less the same?
>>
>> Lenona.

> You could try sherry or marsala for a similar taste but port is port.
> You might also like a nice white wine with the raspberries.

Sherry is very different from port. Madeira, Marsala, Banyuls are more
like it.

--
Groet, salut, Wim.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lenona" > wrote in message

> In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10
> minutes) a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else
> taste more or less the same?
>
> Lenona.

What kind of Port? There are great differences in Port.

Charlie, Vintage Port lover

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Charlie wrote:
> "Lenona" > wrote in message
>>
>> In the "5 in 10" cookbook (that's 5 ingredients or fewer in 10
>> minutes) a raspberry dessert calls for port wine. Will something else
>> taste more or less the same?
>>
>> Lenona.

> What kind of Port? There are great differences in Port.
>
> Charlie, Vintage Port lover

Mmmmm! Vintage port!

My budget these days only stretches to ruby though...
--
Shaun.

What to do with port wine? dianem1999 General Cooking 70 31-07-2007 05:20 PM
Port Wine ? ~patches~ General Cooking 10 14-12-2005 06:37 PM
Port wine Sauce Help using Vintage Port (opened a couple of weeks ago - but refrigerated) Kate B General Cooking 2 22-12-2003 10:29 PM
Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting. Mario Wine 12 26-11-2003 06:11 PM
Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting. Mario General 10 26-11-2003 06:11 PM