Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Artisan - Upload

Hi All:

A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
the years.

It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
(http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
assistance to all. That too is free.

Some may ask why we have been away so long. We are winemakers and
farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. For the last 3 years we have
been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
Managers of same. While still cooking and baking, we have not had
much time to post recipes, technical articles or contribute. We have
however responded to all email requests for assistance.

We have posted a new pasta recipe. It's easy, fast and can be made for
2 or 20 people.

Here is the link: http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
The recipe may also be found at NewStuff: http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.

Thanx

Jerry @ The Artisan
http://www.theartisan.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> the years.
>
> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> assistance to all. That too is free.
>
> Some may ask why we have been away so long.

Yes, indeed, they have. Nice to see you post!

> We are winemakers and
> farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. For the last 3 years we have
> been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
> Managers of same.

Nice! A lot of work, but very nice.

Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your Dad's
page.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 5, 7:23*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Jerry wrote:
> > Hi All:

> > A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> > the years.

> > It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> > (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> > even larger. *For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> > offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> > assistance to all. That too is free.

> > Some may ask why we have been away so long.

> Yes, indeed, they have. *Nice to see you post! *
>
> > We are winemakers and
> > farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. *For the last 3 years we have
> > been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
> > Managers of same. *

> Nice! *A lot of work, but very nice.
>
> Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your Dad's
> page. *
>
> nancy

Hey Nancy,
If you remember/recommend these folks that's good enough for me!
They owe you thanks.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:
> On Oct 5, 7:23 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>> Jerry wrote:
>>> Hi All:

>>> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
>>> the years.

>>> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
>>> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
>>> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is
>>> free, offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical
>>> articles and assistance to all. That too is free.

>> Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your
>> Dad's page.

> Hey Nancy,
> If you remember/recommend these folks that's good enough for me!
> They owe you thanks.

Absolutely, Jerry used to post here and it was a long time before
I noticed he had a website ... he's not pushy about it. Someone
else was asking here about him in the last couple of months, so I
know other people remember him and his recipes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:
> On Oct 5, 7:23 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>> Jerry wrote:
>>> Hi All:

>>> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
>>> the years.

>>> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
>>> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
>>> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is
>>> free, offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical
>>> articles and assistance to all. That too is free.

>> Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your
>> Dad's page.

> Hey Nancy,
> If you remember/recommend these folks that's good enough for me!
> They owe you thanks.

Absolutely, Jerry used to post here and it was a long time before
I noticed he had a website ... he's not pushy about it. Someone
else was asking here about him in the last couple of months, so I
know other people remember him and his recipes.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jerry" > wrote in message
> Hi All:
>
> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> the years.
>
> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> assistance to all. That too is free.

snip
> Thanx
>
> Jerry @ The Artisan
> http://www.theartisan.net

Don't forget about us over at alt.bread.recipes. I have missed seeing you
around, but your site is often referenced at abr. Good to hear from you
again.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jerry" > wrote in message
> Hi All:
>
> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> the years.
>
> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> assistance to all. That too is free.
>
> Some may ask why we have been away so long. We are winemakers and
> farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. For the last 3 years we have
> been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
> Managers of same. While still cooking and baking, we have not had
> much time to post recipes, technical articles or contribute. We have
> however responded to all email requests for assistance.
>
> We have posted a new pasta recipe. It's easy, fast and can be made for
> 2 or 20 people.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
> The recipe may also be found at NewStuff:
> http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.
>
> Thanx
>
> Jerry @ The Artisan
> http://www.theartisan.net

What's up Jerry?

Samples?

--
Dimitri
Coming soon:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:39:47 -0700 (PDT), Jerry >
wrote:

>Here is the link: http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
>The recipe may also be found at NewStuff: http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.
>
>Thanx
>
>Jerry @ The Artisan
>http://www.theartisan.net

Long time no see, welcome back!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:

>>> Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your
>>> Dad's page.

>> Hey Nancy,
>> If you remember/recommend these folks that's good enough for me!
>> They owe you thanks.

> Absolutely, Jerry used to post here and it was a long time before I
> noticed he had a website ... he's not pushy about it. Someone else was
> asking here about him in the last couple of months, so I
> know other people remember him and his recipes.
>
> nancy

I'll most certainly vouch for him as a fellow DeAngelis! I've often
missed his presence here on RFC.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> the years.
>
> It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> even larger. For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> assistance to all. That too is free.
>
> Some may ask why we have been away so long. We are winemakers and
> farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. For the last 3 years we have
> been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
> Managers of same. While still cooking and baking, we have not had
> much time to post recipes, technical articles or contribute. We have
> however responded to all email requests for assistance.
>
> We have posted a new pasta recipe. It's easy, fast and can be made for
> 2 or 20 people.
>
> Here is the link: http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
> The recipe may also be found at NewStuff: http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.
>
> Thanx
>
> Jerry @ The Artisan
> http://www.theartisan.net

Ahhhhhhhh. It is YOUR site that I lost track of some time ago.
Nice to see you--and to be reminded of your site.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 5, 5:23*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Jerry wrote:
> > Hi All:

> > A special hello to any of those with whom we have corresponded over
> > the years.

> > It has been a while since we posted. Our Italian Food and Bread site
> > (http://www.theartisan.net) is now 11 years old, and about to become
> > even larger. *For those who do not know about The Artisan. It is free,
> > offers food and bread recipes, and provides technical articles and
> > assistance to all. That too is free.

> > Some may ask why we have been away so long.

> Yes, indeed, they have. *Nice to see you post! *
>
> > We are winemakers and
> > farmers in addition to cooks and bakers. *For the last 3 years we have
> > been developing a winery, and have served as Winemakers & General
> > Managers of same. *

> Nice! *A lot of work, but very nice.
>
> Your website is as wonderful as ever, and I especially love your Dad's
> page. *
>
> nancy

Hi Nancy:

Good to hear your "voice' again. Thank you. I am attempting to
convince my 94 year old Mom to write som eof her recipes down so they
too can be posted, before the are lost. Hopefully we will accomplish
that task.

I am working on a post describing a Savoy cabbage stuffed with
sweetbreads, pine nuts and assorted other goodies. Should have it
posted this weekend. I have started providing wine pairings with
recipes and hope folks find them helpful.

Best

Jerry @ The Artisan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jerry wrote:
<snip>

> We have posted a new pasta recipe. It's easy, fast and can be made for
> 2 or 20 people.
>
> Here is the link: http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
> The recipe may also be found at NewStuff: http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.

It's good to see you posting again. I periodically check in on your
site to see what's there. It's been in my bookmarks for a long
time Last night I made the orzo with zucchini and salami, and it
was delicious!

pat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 6, 7:22*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:39:47 -0700 (PDT), Jerry >
> wrote:
>
> >Here is the link:http://www.theartisan.net/Orzo_con_Z...i_e_Salame.htm.
> >The recipe may also be found at NewStuff:http://www.theartisan.net/NewStuff.htm.

> >Thanx

> >Jerry @ The Artisan
> >http://www.theartisan.net

> Long time no see, welcome back!
>

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the both food.

Thanks to all who have made us at The Artisan feel so welcome! We
cannot tell you how much we appreciate it.

We are working on integrating our two sites, and offering even more
choices. It will take some time as it is pretty intense vis-a-vis
integrating ideas into something that makes sense. We hope, repeat
hope, to have an interactive blog on the new version. That's beyond
our tech programming skills, so we will rely on the pros for that!
In that way we can incorporate your ideas and suggestions as we move
forward.

We have definitely not forgotten "alt.bread.recipes". Marsha still
bakes each week, and I am still spoiled in that regard. Pizza party
this weekend, as it is still warm enough to fire up the wood oven and
have an Italian feast for friends on Sunday.

Best to all

Jerry @ The Artisan
http://www.theartisan.net