Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT RIP Ted Kennedy

Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

Bob

Fifty-five margaritas in fifteen minutes! It might *never* be broken!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
being. He had to smile about that before he passed.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.

I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
Democrats for not fixing it faster.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>
> Bob

I seem to always hear about these things here first...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
> Democrats for not fixing it faster.

I think I have some sense. Love you, babe. We see the world differently.
Wish me a happy birthday. It's over in six minutes on the west coast.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Leonard Blaisdell > wrote:

> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
> > administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
> > generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
> > Democrats for not fixing it faster.

> I think I have some sense. Love you, babe. We see the world differently.
> Wish me a happy birthday. It's over in six minutes on the west coast.
>
> leo

Happy b-day Leo! (belated of course...)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 1:52*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
> > Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> > Bob

> I seem to always hear about these things here first...

Some folks have the BBC radio on softly all night, and sometimes wake
up and listen for a while when we wake up for however long.

> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Aug 26, 1:52*am, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *"Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die spammer.biz> wrote:
> >
> > > Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> > > Bob

> > I seem to always hear about these things here first...

> Some folks have the BBC radio on softly all night, and sometimes wake
> up and listen for a while when we wake up for however long.
>
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> --Bryan

A good radio station...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 6:33*am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 26, 1:52*am, Omelet > wrote:

> > > I seem to always hear about these things here first...

> > Some folks have the BBC radio on softly all night, and sometimes wake
> > up and listen for a while when we wake up for however long.

> > > --
> > > Peace! Om

> > --Bryan

> A good radio station...

Didn't listen last night. Weird, very long dream instead.

> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two
>> Republican
>> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
>> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
>> Democrats for not fixing it faster.

> I think I have some sense. Love you, babe. We see the world differently.
> Wish me a happy birthday. It's over in six minutes on the west coast.

Happy birfday, Leo. I knew there was something to celebrate today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 2:55*am, Leonard Blaisdell >
wrote:

> I think I have some sense. Love you, babe. We see the world differently.
> Wish me a happy birthday. It's over in six minutes on the west coast.
>
> leo

belated best wishes
maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 7:29*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Aug 26, 1:52*am, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > *"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> > > Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> > > Bob

> > I seem to always hear about these things here first...

> Some folks have the BBC radio on softly all night, and sometimes wake
> up and listen for a while when we wake up for however long.
>
> > Peace! Om

> --Bryan

heh. My alarm went off one morning, and the BBC told me that there
had been a nightclub fire down the street from me.

maxine in ri
slogging through a niacin burn
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 8:15*am, Wayne Boatwright >
wrote:
> On Tue 25 Aug 2009 10:44:28p, Bob Terwilliger told us...
>
> > Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> > Bob

> I'm not at all sorry to see the end of the Kennedy political "dynasty", and
> I'm glad that no other Kennedys seem to have high political aspirations.
>
> Having said that, I'm sorry the man died, and from such a terrible disease.

You haven't heard about his son Patrick, the congressman from RI?

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>>
>>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

>> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
>> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
>> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.
>>

> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
> Democrats for not fixing it faster.

How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the
only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing
new began or ended with Bush.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>
> Bob

True, that is. Not may of us have driven off a bridge killing someone and
not gone to jail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

>>> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
>>> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
>>> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.
>>>

>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two
>> Republican administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense
>> knows, that generations of Americans will be paying for it while
>> jackasses blame the Democrats for not fixing it faster.
>>

> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the
> only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing
> new began or ended with Bush.

Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
had my coffee.

TammyM

ObFood: Tomato, White Bean, Bacon Soup

1/4 pound bacon, diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups peeled, chopped potatoes (recommend Yukon Gold)
6 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or canned whole tomatoes with juice)
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 can white beans, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
Method
1 Cook bacon on medium heat in a large saucepan until lightly browned
and fat is rendered. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from the pan.
Set on a plate lined with a paper towel.

2 Add the chopped onion to the pot, cook in the bacon fat on medium heat
until soft. Add the minced garlic and cook a minute more. Add the
chopped peeled potatoes and cook a few minutes more.

3 Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook until potatoes are cooked
through, about 20 minutes (or longer).

4 Stir in the brown sugar. Add half of the beans to the mixture. Use an
immersion blender to blend about half of the soup mixture (or blend half
of the soup in a standing blender and return to the pot).

5 Add bacon to the soup and the rest of the beans. Add salt and pepper
to taste.

Serves 8-10. Serve with crusty bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> True, that is. Not may of us have driven off a bridge killing someone and
> not gone to jail.

Nor could we have a few beers and shoot someone and then wait until
sober to call the police.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
>> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
>> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where
>> the only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money?
>> Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
> had my coffee.

Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
that the north would win?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> TammyM wrote:
>>

>>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the
>>> Kennedy name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's
>>> brother who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win
>>> position where the only outcome was lots of military suppliers made
>>> lots of money? Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't
>> yet had my coffee.

> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
> that the north would win?

Its before my time. According to what I know Eisenhower noodled around
and Kennedy got the ball rolling.

My point being that the "Bush did it" song is really tiring because we
have a history of politicians who operate as directed by their special
interest owners.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 26, 8:43*am, George > wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

> >> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
> >> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
> >> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.

> > I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
> > administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
> > generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
> > Democrats for not fixing it faster.

> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the
> only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing
> new began or ended with Bush

Kennedy and Johnson did Viet Nam because if they hadn't, the GOP would
have branded them as sympathetic with Communism. Period.
Do you think that the Great Society programs could have gotten through
Congress if Johnson had looked soft on Communism? Then Bobby k. was
killed and Nixon won in 1968, inheriting an unwinnable war, but still
continuing to send thousands of stupid kids over there to die for
freakin' nothing.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> George wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two
>>> Republican administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense
>>> knows, that generations of Americans will be paying for it while
>>> jackasses blame the Democrats for not fixing it faster.
>>>

>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
>> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
>> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where
>> the only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money?
>> Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
> had my coffee.

Don't forget the French attempts to retain their colonies.

--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>
> Bob

I don't think anyone else scrolled down to the bottom of your post to
see what that record was ;-)

Bob (no relation)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:43:14 -0400, George wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

>>> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
>>> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
>>> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.
>>>

>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
>> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
>> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
>> Democrats for not fixing it faster.
>>

> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the
> only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing
> new began or ended with Bush.

the invasion of iraq certainly began under bush. or is that o.k. because
kennedy started vietnam?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:40:58 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> TammyM wrote:
>>

>>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
>>> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
>>> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where
>>> the only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money?
>>> Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
>> had my coffee.

> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
> that the north would win?

what difference does it make? bush still started the ****upathon in iraq,
for no reason other than he and the neocons wanted to.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:47:18 -0400, George wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't
>>> yet had my coffee.

>> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
>> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
>> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
>> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
>> that the north would win?

> Its before my time. According to what I know Eisenhower noodled around
> and Kennedy got the ball rolling.
>
> My point being that the "Bush did it" song is really tiring because we
> have a history of politicians who operate as directed by their special
> interest owners.

except bush began the problems *we are having now*. maybe that's why you
hear the 'bush did it' song.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>

>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
>> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
>> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
>> Democrats for not fixing it faster.
>>

> I think I have some sense. Love you, babe. We see the world differently.
> Wish me a happy birthday. It's over in six minutes on the west coast.
>
> leo

Here's a belated happy birthday, Leo. Did you have a nice dinner and
birthday cake? I want to hear mostly about the cake. :-P <feeling
cake deprived, so please talk s-l-o-w-l-y>

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:37:54 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> True, that is. Not may of us have driven off a bridge killing someone and
>> not gone to jail.
>>

> Nor could we have a few beers and shoot someone and then wait until
> sober to call the police.

but that's different!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> I don't think anyone else scrolled down to the bottom of your post to
> see what that record was ;-)
>
> Bob (no relation)

I didn't! LOL, thanks for pointing it out Bob (no relation)

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

>>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
>>> had my coffee.

>> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
>> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
>> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
>> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
>> that the north would win?

> what difference does it make? bush still started the ****upathon in iraq,
> for no reason other than he and the neocons wanted to.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Just so I understand. Bush influenced both Eisenhower and Kennedy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

Presumably you've just come out of an 8.5 year long coma.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:47:18 -0400, George wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
>>> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
>>> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
>>> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
>>> that the north would win?

>> Its before my time. According to what I know Eisenhower noodled around
>> and Kennedy got the ball rolling.
>>
>> My point being that the "Bush did it" song is really tiring because we
>> have a history of politicians who operate as directed by their special
>> interest owners.

> except bush began the problems *we are having now*. maybe that's why you
> hear the 'bush did it' song.
>
> blake

Really? So when Clinton appointed Obamas right hand man Emanual to
Freddie Mac around the time when they started cooking the books there it
was Bushes fault? If your souffle fell would it be Bushes fault?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. wrote:

> TammyM wrote:
>> George wrote:

>>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the
>>> Kennedy name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's
>>> brother who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win
>>> position where the only outcome was lots of military suppliers made
>>> lots of money? Nothing new began or ended with Bush.

>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't
>> yet had my coffee.

> Don't forget the French attempts to retain their colonies.

I've heard that was Bushes fault...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:43:14 -0400, George wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two Republican
>>> administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense knows, that
>>> generations of Americans will be paying for it while jackasses blame the
>>> Democrats for not fixing it faster.
>>>

>> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
>> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother
>> who got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the
>> only outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing
>> new began or ended with Bush.

> the invasion of iraq certainly began under bush. or is that o.k. because
> kennedy started vietnam?
>
> blake

Who said it was? You are just totally focused on the idea that liberal =
extra super good and conservative = absolute no good. My belief is there
is no fundamental difference because the politicians work for the
special interests with the Vietnam war offered as an example.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM > wrote in
:

> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't
> yet had my coffee.

Technically speaking the "Vietnam War" was the third panel (as it were)
in the Indochina triptych, the first (which saw US advisors on the
ground) being from 1945 (see below) to 1954 (Dien-Bien-Phu and the
stillborn vote, kiboshed by the Eisenhower administration because Ho Chi
Minh would have won), then on to 1965 (US ramps up military presence) and
from then on to 1975. By the time the US actually stepped in it, the
Indochina civil war had been going on for more than twenty years in one
form or another, if you include the anti-Japanese operations.

Oddly enough, the entire process was kicked off on April 30 1945 when
Major Archimedes Patti of the OSS met secretly with "the General", later
better known as Ho Chi Minh, somewhere along the China-Indochina border
with a view to cementing an alliance, and ended on April 30 1975 when
the last helicopter lifted off the roof of the US embassy in Saigon.
Thirty years exactly, to the day. Michael Maclear called it The Ten
Thousand Day War (more accurately the 10 957 day war, including the
extra day for 7 leap years during that time).

But the groundwork was laid down during WWII when Roosevelt refused to
allow the French back into IndoChina and wanted to give it to the
British instead (they didn't want it). It was all part of a
decolonizatiom policy he had elaborated to prevent the same old powers
from starting all over again. There was also the issue of Japanese
presence in Indochina.

Roosevelt figured the Vietnamese would come to the side of the US
willingly in the issue of decolonization because, as he put it, they
were "a small and peaceable people". The history of the next thirty
years seems to indicate that someone must have ticked them off in a
major way.

So, to conclude, Democratic and the Republican administrations played a
part in escalating the hostilities. It has recently been revealed that
Robert McNamara knowingly misrepresented the extent of the Haiphong
harbour incident to Kennedy. So it appears the entire "Vietnam War"
could have been avoided.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

>>> Wasn't it the Eisenhower administration that initially sent "advisers"
>>> to Vietnam? Maybe I'm misremembering that, it's early and I haven't yet
>>> had my coffee.

>> Wasn't it also the Eisenhower administration that helped to end the
>> civil war in Vietnam by dividing the country in two with the promise of
>> a plebiscite on reunification, and then backed the South's crooked
>> regime when they refused to hold the promised election because they knew
>> that the north would win?

> what difference does it make? bush still started the ****upathon in iraq,
> for no reason other than he and the neocons wanted to.

I certainly won't argue that Bush started an unjustified war in Iraq. He
also dumped on long time friends and allies who were refused to support
him.He had that "you're either with us or against us attitude" when he
clued into the fact that most of us did not believe the claims about
Iraq having a massive arsenal of WMDs, and that most thought that as
much a tyrant as Saddam was, he was keeping a lid on internal troubles
and that ousting him would be opening up a hornet nest. It was likely
to lead to another Vietnam conflict. I am no fan of Reagan, but he and
his inner circle figured out that they could screw the Soviet Union by
creating a Vietnam for them in Afghanistan.

However..... there are some similarities. The Vietnam conflict could
have been avoided. It started off as a nationalist movement. Ho Chi
Minh was used by the US to fight the Japanese. The Vietnamese did not
have a problem with the French being ousted from their country, and they
were willing to fight with the Allies to get rid of the Japanese
occupiers. As soon as the was was over, the Allies handed Vietnam back
to the French. The Vietnamese fought to get rid of the French. The US
refused to help out in the crucial battle that saw the French booted
out. The communists seem to have been the best organized and most likely
to defeat the French.

There was an agreement to end the civil war, and part of that deal was
to partition the country and the promise of a plebiscite on
reunification of the country. That would be the democratic thing to
do.... let the people vote and accept the will of the majority. However,
the corrupt regime in the South refused to hold the elections and the US
backers, knowing that the North would win, supported that decision to
break the accord. It seems that the democratic rule that the US boasts
of is only a good idea when popular vote goes their way. They would not
stand for a free vote that would see communists win.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
>>> Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> True, that is. Not may of us have driven off a bridge killing someone
>> and not gone to jail.

> Nor could we have a few beers and shoot someone and then wait until sober
> to call the police.

OK, lets tally the drunken death toll Kennedy 1 Cheney 0

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > writes:

> OK, lets tally the drunken death toll Kennedy 1 Cheney 0

Not for lack of trying! It only confirms the fact Cheney is
incompetent.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message ...
> "Ed Pawlowski" > writes:
>

>> OK, lets tally the drunken death toll Kennedy 1 Cheney 0

> Not for lack of trying! It only confirms the fact Cheney is
> incompetent.

I hope when both of you kick people remember you for the worst thing you've
done in your life. Neither of you serve the public or have the balls to put
up with what these guys in public office put up with. Ed, are you finished
with male menopause, or is this the beginning of Geezerdom for you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote in message

>>> I'm a Coolidge Republican, but I never wished him dead. He's the loss of
>>> a great counterpoint that appears to have the upper hand for the time
>>> being. He had to smile about that before he passed.
>>>

>> I doubt it. So much pervasive harm has been done by the past two
>> Republican administrations that he knew, as everyone with any sense
>> knows, that generations of Americans will be paying for it while
>> jackasses blame the Democrats for not fixing it faster.

> How long will you be singing the "Bush did it song"? Since the Kennedy
> name is in play you do know for example that it was Kennedy's brother who
> got us into the Vietnam War with a planned no win position where the only
> outcome was lots of military suppliers made lots of money? Nothing new
> began or ended with Bush.

Uh huh. Have you seen the US economy in such bad condition in your lifetime,
dickhead?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tue 25 Aug 2009 10:44:28p, Bob Terwilliger told us...
>
> > Like the guy or not, he has an impressive record.

> > Bob

> I'm not at all sorry to see the end of the Kennedy political "dynasty",
> and
> I'm glad that no other Kennedys seem to have high political aspirations.
>
> Having said that, I'm sorry the man died, and from such a terrible
> disease.

>You haven't heard about his son Patrick, the congressman from RI?

You're talking to a bonehead, Maxine.