Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pizza stone versus Pizza pan to make Naan in oven

At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
pan.

The recipe I will be using is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> pan.
>
> The recipe I will be using is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>
> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

Mandy - Didn't bother looking at your links.

You can get quarry stones, or paving stones that are unfinished and
untreated at 1/4 of the pizza stone cost or less.

If you were to get a stone(s) large enough to use for pizza in your
oven, why would you need a pizza pan? just use some corn meal and
straight onto the stone with the pizza.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> pan.
>
> The recipe I will be using is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>
> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat thin,
but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15. Thanks for the
video info. I would use twice as much yogurt, and reduce the water
accordingly. The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely go
and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
bake. She may have used broil? The naan was browner on the top than it
should be.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 5:49*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> * At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> pan.
>
> The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>
> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> neverthesless? *Note: I will not be making pizza.

My 13" diameter stone LIVES in my little tiny apartment size electric
stove oven. It takes longer to pre-heat but it really helps keep the
temp from dropping 50 degrees when I need to peek at baking stuff.
Lynn in Fargo
Pre-heated and sitting on the counter/stove top whatever it also keeps
"delivery" pizza hot for over an hour
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 6:49*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> * At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> pan.
>
> The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>
> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> neverthesless? *Note: I will not be making pizza.

I think the stone would be closer to how they bake it in restaurants
(in the tandoori clay oven), so I would try that.

I second that brick idea someone mentioned. I remember years ago that
Julia Child instructed something similar for baking pizza in the oven
in lieu of a stone.

Kris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 6:38*pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>
> ...> *At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> > available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> > at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> > pan.

> > The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

> > Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> > Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> > neverthesless? *Note: I will not be making pizza.

> You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat thin,
> but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15.

The Walmart nearby doesn't carry it. I will try a super Walmart.

>Thanks for the video info.

You r welcome.

> I would use twice as much yogurt,

Thanks for the tip.

> and reduce the water accordingly.

What do you mean by that? Reduce water as more yogurt is used?

> The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
> as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely go
> and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
> bake. She may have used broil?

I think she switched to broil to bake Naan but preheated the oven by
leaving at 500 degree for 20 minutes. At least that's what my friend
said I didn't understand what the lady in the video said.

> The naan was browner on the top than it should be.

So, you would not use broil?

> Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 7:17*pm, Kris > wrote:
> On Aug 22, 6:49*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > * At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> > available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> > at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> > pan.

> > The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

> > Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> > Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> > neverthesless? *Note: I will not be making pizza.

> I think the stone would be closer to how they bake it in restaurants
> (in the tandoori clay oven), so I would try that.
>
> I second that brick idea someone mentioned. I remember years ago that
> Julia Child instructed something similar for baking pizza in the oven
> in lieu of a stone.
>
> Kris

Brick would be heavy for me. Nice idea though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 3:55*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
> > * At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> > available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> > at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> > pan.

> > The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

> > Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> > Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> > neverthesless? *Note: I will not be making pizza.

> Mandy - Didn't bother looking at your links.
>
> You can get quarry stones, or paving stones that are unfinished and
> untreated at 1/4 of the pizza stone cost or less.
>
> If you were to get a stone(s) large enough to use for pizza in your
> oven, why would you need a pizza pan? just use some corn meal and
> straight onto the stone with the pizza.

What's the corn meal for? Naan is made with flour. You should havew
watched the video at least to see the title.

> Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
On Aug 22, 6:38 pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>
> ...>
> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
> > available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
> > at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
> > pan.

> > The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

> > Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
> > Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
> > neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

> You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat
> thin,
> but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15.

The Walmart nearby doesn't carry it. I will try a super Walmart.

>Thanks for the video info.

You r welcome.

> I would use twice as much yogurt,

Thanks for the tip.

> and reduce the water accordingly.

What do you mean by that? Reduce water as more yogurt is used?

> The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
> as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely go
> and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
> bake. She may have used broil?

I think she switched to broil to bake Naan but preheated the oven by
leaving at 500 degree for 20 minutes. At least that's what my friend
said I didn't understand what the lady in the video said.

> The naan was browner on the top than it should be.

So, you would not use broil?

I don't think so. It would, however, give you a bit more heat at the top in
the 2-3 minutes the naan is baking. If you get your oven as hot as it
absolutely go, short of the cleaning cycle, and you heat your stone, I
don't think you need to broil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> On Aug 22, 3:55 pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>> Manda Ruby wrote:
>>> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
>>> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
>>> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
>>> pan.
>>> The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>>> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
>>> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
>>> neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

>> Mandy - Didn't bother looking at your links.
>>
>> You can get quarry stones, or paving stones that are unfinished and
>> untreated at 1/4 of the pizza stone cost or less.
>>
>> If you were to get a stone(s) large enough to use for pizza in your
>> oven, why would you need a pizza pan? just use some corn meal and
>> straight onto the stone with the pizza.

> What's the corn meal for? Naan is made with flour. You should havew
> watched the video at least to see the title.
>
>> Bob

Manda - Just referring to using the cornmeal as an interim between the
dough, and stone (for the non-sticking touch).

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> On Aug 22, 6:38 pm, "Theron" > wrote:
>> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>>
>> ...>
>> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
>> > available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
>> > at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
>> > pan.

>> > The recipe I will be using ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc

>> > Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
>> > Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
>> > neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.

>> You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat
>> thin,
>> but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15.

> The Walmart nearby doesn't carry it. I will try a super Walmart.
>
>>Thanks for the video info.

> You r welcome.
>
>> I would use twice as much yogurt,

> Thanks for the tip.
>
>> and reduce the water accordingly.

> What do you mean by that? Reduce water as more yogurt is used?
>
>> The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
>> as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely
>> go
>> and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
>> bake. She may have used broil?

> I think she switched to broil to bake Naan but preheated the oven by
> leaving at 500 degree for 20 minutes. At least that's what my friend
> said I didn't understand what the lady in the video said.
>
>> The naan was browner on the top than it should be.

> So, you would not use broil?
>>

> I don't think so. It would, however, give you a bit more heat at the top
> in the 2-3 minutes the naan is baking. If you get your oven as hot as it
> absolutely go, short of the cleaning cycle, and you heat your stone, I
> don't think you need to broil.

yogurt water ratio. If you're using more yogurt you should use less
water. You want to keep your liquid/flour ratio the same with either. Naan,
as the lady says, has a moist dough, somewhat like ciabatta.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:38:54 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
>> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
>> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
>> pan.
>>
>> The recipe I will be using is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>>
>> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
>> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
>> neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.
>>

>You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat thin,
>but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15. Thanks for the
>video info. I would use twice as much yogurt, and reduce the water
>accordingly. The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
>as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely go
>and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
>bake. She may have used broil? The naan was browner on the top than it
>should be.

If she wants to make naan, why wouldn't a large cast iron skillet be
ok?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:38:54 -0700, "Theron" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>>> At target online store (http://tinyurl.com/mq8fqz), Pizza stone is
>>> available for $43.99 and Pizza pan is $9.99 (see left side of the page
>>> at the link). Pizza pan is available at the target store but not pizza
>>> pan.
>>>
>>> The recipe I will be using is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vow-kxTPatc
>>>
>>> Should I get the pizza stone or is pizza pan good enough? If I should
>>> Pizza stone, is there any that's less expensive but good quality
>>> neverthesless? Note: I will not be making pizza.
>>>

>>You pretty much have to use a stone to make naan. I bought a somewhat
>>thin,
>>but adequate pizza stone at our local Walmart for about $15. Thanks for
>>the
>>video info. I would use twice as much yogurt, and reduce the water
>>accordingly. The yogurt is what makes it. Use a rolling pin only as little
>>as you have to. You want your oven temp to be as high as it will safely go
>>and you should heat your pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before you
>>bake. She may have used broil? The naan was browner on the top than it
>>should be.
>>

> If she wants to make naan, why wouldn't a large cast iron skillet be
> ok?
>
>I suppose it would be. My wife makes popovers in a skillet. I would think
>the skillet would have to be hot when the dough goes in and then into the
>oven with the skillet. I think a stone is easier, though it's all what
>you're used to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 22, 9:52*pm, Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig >
wrote:

> Pre-heated and sitting on the counter/stove top whatever it also keeps
> "delivery" pizza hot for over an hour

Hey, not a bad idea for keeping something warm for, say, a buffet.

Who still owns one of those tea carts with the warming burner from the
sixties? 'Twas a favorite wedding gift at the time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:38:10 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>I suppose it would be. My wife makes popovers in a skillet. I would think
>the skillet would have to be hot when the dough goes in and then into the
>oven with the skillet. I think a stone is easier, though it's all what
>you're used to.

I was thinking that if she already has a CI skillet, she could heat
that in the oven and save herself $40. Some people go out and buy
kitchen gadgets that they use once and never look at again.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:54:12 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>Manda - Just referring to using the cornmeal as an interim between the
>dough, and stone (for the non-sticking touch).

flour works well too

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:

> Pre-heated and sitting on the counter/stove top whatever it also keeps
> "delivery" pizza hot for over an hour

Delivery pizza lasts an hour in your house? It never has a chance to
cool down here. ;-)

I have a 16 inch square unglazed tile I bought at Home Depot for under
$2 that works really well in the oven for any purpose of mine.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:43:23 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Gloria P
> wrote,
>I have a 16 inch square unglazed tile I bought at Home Depot for under
>$2 that works really well in the oven for any purpose of mine.

Oh, I have to look for that. How thick is it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:43:25 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>Who still owns one of those tea carts with the warming burner from the
>sixties? 'Twas a favorite wedding gift at the time.

I wish I had one.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:04:08 -0700, David Harmon >
wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:43:23 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Gloria P
> wrote,
>>I have a 16 inch square unglazed tile I bought at Home Depot for under
>>$2 that works really well in the oven for any purpose of mine.

>Oh, I have to look for that. How thick is it?

Too thick for me because they are pavers. BTDT - takes way too long
to heat up. Get 6 inch tiles if you can buy them separately anymore.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:04:08 -0700, David Harmon >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:43:23 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Gloria P
>> > wrote,
>>> I have a 16 inch square unglazed tile I bought at Home Depot for under
>>> $2 that works really well in the oven for any purpose of mine.

>> Oh, I have to look for that. How thick is it?
>>

> Too thick for me because they are pavers. BTDT - takes way too long
> to heat up. Get 6 inch tiles if you can buy them separately anymore.

Mine is 1/4 inch thick (I just measured it.) Is that too thick?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:04:08 -0700, David Harmon >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:43:23 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Gloria P
>>> Oh, I have to look for that. How thick is it?
>>>

>> Too thick for me because they are pavers. BTDT - takes way too long
>> to heat up. Get 6 inch tiles if you can buy them separately anymore.
>>

> Mine is 1/4 inch thick (I just measured it.) Is that too thick?
>
> gloria p

The thicker, the better Gloria..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 9:24*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:54:12 -0400, Bob Muncie >
> wrote:
>
> >Manda - Just referring to using the cornmeal as an interim between the
> >dough, and stone (for the non-sticking touch).

> flour works well too

Good. I was about to ask "Do I have to buy corn meal then?"

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> On Aug 23, 9:24 am, sf > wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:54:12 -0400, Bob Muncie >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Manda - Just referring to using the cornmeal as an interim between the
>>> dough, and stone (for the non-sticking touch).

>> flour works well too

> Good. I was about to ask "Do I have to buy corn meal then?"
>
>> --
>> I love cooking with wine.
>> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Flour is "okay", but cornmeal is better as it is a rougher grind, and it
will keep the dough off the surface more easily.

Not knocking sf's idea.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 4:41*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Gloria P wrote:
> > sf wrote:

> >> Too thick for me because they are pavers. *BTDT - takes way too long
> >> to heat up. *Get 6 inch tiles if you can buy them separately anymore..

> > Mine is 1/4 inch thick (I just measured it.) *Is that too thick?

> > gloria p

> The thicker, the better Gloria..

So, let's see. I can buy 6 inch ungalzed tiles seperately at Home
depot or the 16 inch square one.

Since I store both of my Calphalon frying pans in the oven - they are
big, can I just bake it in toaster oven by using 6 inch ones? The
dimension of the widest part inside where I can place the stone (on
the rack) is 12 in x 11/1/2 in. I guess, I can only bake one at a time
if the stone is 6 in and square.

I am taking a ruler with me to Home Depot.

BTW, no luck at super Wal-mart either. I called before making a trip.

Thanks for all the info Bob and everyone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> On Aug 23, 4:41 pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>> Gloria P wrote:
>>> Mine is 1/4 inch thick (I just measured it.) Is that too thick?
>>> gloria p

>> The thicker, the better Gloria..

> So, let's see. I can buy 6 inch ungalzed tiles seperately at Home
> depot or the 16 inch square one.
>

> Since I store both of my Calphalon frying pans in the oven - they are
> big, can I just bake it in toaster oven by using 6 inch ones? The
> dimension of the widest part inside where I can place the stone (on
> the rack) is 12 in x 11/1/2 in. I guess, I can only bake one at a time
> if the stone is 6 in and square.
>
> I am taking a ruler with me to Home Depot.
>
> BTW, no luck at super Wal-mart either. I called before making a trip.
>
> Thanks for all the info Bob and everyone.

Manda - Just for a last thought here, I'd opt for the 16" tile as it
doesn't really matter if you cook anything smaller, but a 16" pizza is a
pretty good size :-)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 5:10*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
> > On Aug 23, 9:24 am, sf > wrote:

> >> flour works well too

> > Good. I was about to ask "Do I have to buy corn meal then?"

> >> --
> >> I love cooking with wine.
> >> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

> Flour is "okay", but cornmeal is better as it is a rougher grind, and it
> will keep the dough off the surface more easily.

I see.

> Not knocking sf's idea.
>
> Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 23, 5:19*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
> >> The thicker, the better Gloria..

> > So, let's see. I can buy 6 inch ungalzed tiles seperately at Home
> > depot or the 16 inch square one.

> > Since I store both of my Calphalon frying pans in the oven - they are
> > big, can I just bake it in toaster oven by using 6 inch ones? The
> > dimension of the widest part inside where I can place the stone (on
> > the rack) is 12 in x 11/1/2 in. I guess, I can only bake one at a time
> > if the stone is 6 in and square.

> > I am taking a ruler with me to Home Depot.

> > BTW, no luck at super Wal-mart either. *I called before making a trip..

> > Thanks for all the info Bob and everyone.

> Manda - Just for a last thought here, I'd opt for the 16" tile as it
> doesn't really matter if you cook anything smaller, but a 16" pizza is a
> pretty good size :-)

I doubt that I'll ever bake a pizza. I don't make greasy food at home;
I save that moment for eating at the restaurant. My strategy is to
have fresh naan.

What do you think of baking naan in a toaster oven. I think that I can
save the dough for a week once it has risen in room temperature.
Then, I'll just make one or two naan or so at a time when I want to
eat them.

If I can bake in the toaster oven, it'll save me a lot of work of
moving the pan out of the big oven + electricity as I am planning to
make naan on regular basis. I will be eating naan, roti (whole wheat)
and bread (whole wheat only) on regular basis because I must eat whole
wheat primarily. I would even make naan with whole wheat if I can
find a recipe for it or once I have better skills to attempt.

16 " is not a bad idea though. I can just keep the tile in the oven
after using it. I can just wipe clean if it is heavy to move around.

> Bob- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" ha scritto nel messaggio

>Since I store both of my Calphalon frying pans in the >oven - they arebig,
>can I just bake it in toaster oven by >using 6 inch ones?

I certainly would not. Toaster ovens are not built for the long preheat you
must do to get any use at all from a stone. You might start a fire or even
ruin your toaster oven.