Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default the growing threat of illegal juice stands

Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!

http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 11, 6:10�pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
> http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

I here they'll be going after church and school bake sales next. I
tell you unless someone puts a stop to all the government interference
it's only going to get worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 11, 3:10*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
> http:/Go make a /www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

Go make a sloppy joe, will ya!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:10:56 -0700, Mark Thorson >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
>http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

Tulare's "Mission Statement"

"To promote a community making Tulare the most
desirable place to live, learn, play, work, worship
and prosper."

How about:

"To make Tulare an international laughing stock."

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 11, 5:10*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
> http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

At least it was made from real lemons! Fresh squeezed even! YUM! I'd
have bought a 32oz cup at $2 in a heartbeat! A quality product at a
fair price. More than you can say about MOST "juice purveyors"!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-11, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!

I wonder when was the last time officer Garcia busted an illicit tamale
stand run by an undocumented mammacita. Never, I'm guessing.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 11, 6:10*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
> http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

I have heard of certain cities and counties which have come down on
club and church suppers etc - anything where there are home cooked
dishes brought to a gathering. "How do you know the cook's home
conditions etc" is their rationale. Heck, if we trust restos, then
the usual home cooking coudn't be too much less safe. What kind of
intrusion will be thought up next?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
" > wrote:

> On Aug 11, 6:10?pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> > Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
> >
> > http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

> I here they'll be going after church and school bake sales next. I
> tell you unless someone puts a stop to all the government interference
> it's only going to get worse.

It's already worse. Here in California, where this story took place, if
you and your neighbor go to the store and buy kits to build tool benches
in your garages, with the idea the one of you is better at the building
and other is better at painting, then you have to remit sales tax on the
value of your labor.

I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
the end of the coop.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-12, Dan Abel > wrote:

> I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> the end of the coop.

Everyone knows that CA is the leader. Where CA goes, the rest of the nation
follows. Well, CA has gone over the edge. The govt is out of control, the
ppl have lost their backbone, and chaos shall surely follow. Sadly, the
rest of the coutry looks like it may eventually follow CAs lead.

I lived in CA almost all my life. Never again. It is no longer the
paradise it once was, overcrowding, corruption, violence, and political
insanity having replaced any semblance of the good life. The Mexicans can
have it.

"The sooner CA falls into the sea, the better off we all shall
be". --notbob

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 12, 2:05 pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2009-08-12, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> > the end of the coop.

> Everyone knows that CA is the leader. Where CA goes, the rest of the nation
> follows. Well, CA has gone over the edge. The govt is out of control, the
> ppl have lost their backbone, and chaos shall surely follow. Sadly, the
> rest of the coutry looks like it may eventually follow CAs lead.
>
> I lived in CA almost all my life. Never again. It is no longer the
> paradise it once was, overcrowding, corruption, violence, and political
> insanity having replaced any semblance of the good life. The Mexicans can
> have it.
>
> "The sooner CA falls into the sea, the better off we all shall
> be". --notbob
>
> nb

Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2009-08-12, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> > the end of the coop.

> Everyone knows that CA is the leader. Where CA goes, the rest of the nation
> follows. Well, CA has gone over the edge. The govt is out of control, the
> ppl have lost their backbone, and chaos shall surely follow. Sadly, the
> rest of the coutry looks like it may eventually follow CAs lead.
>
> I lived in CA almost all my life. Never again. It is no longer the
> paradise it once was, overcrowding, corruption, violence, and political
> insanity having replaced any semblance of the good life. The Mexicans can
> have it.
>
> "The sooner CA falls into the sea, the better off we all shall
> be". --notbob
>
> nb

But take heart. Sometimes Florida takes the lead.
They were one of the first with good CHL laws, and (iirc) the first to
pass the Castle Doctrine laws...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2:05 pm, notbob > wrote:
> > On 2009-08-12, Dan Abel > wrote:
> >
> > > I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> > > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > > labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> > > the end of the coop.

> > Everyone knows that CA is the leader. Where CA goes, the rest of the nation
> > follows. Well, CA has gone over the edge. The govt is out of control, the
> > ppl have lost their backbone, and chaos shall surely follow. Sadly, the
> > rest of the coutry looks like it may eventually follow CAs lead.
> >
> > I lived in CA almost all my life. Never again. It is no longer the
> > paradise it once was, overcrowding, corruption, violence, and political
> > insanity having replaced any semblance of the good life. The Mexicans can
> > have it.
> >
> > "The sooner CA falls into the sea, the better off we all shall
> > be". --notbob
> >
> > nb

> Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
> refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."
>
> N.

And flakes. <g>

California. The granola bowl of the nation.

Please don't take insult. I was born and raised there until age 19!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
> refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."
>
> N.

I've always heard it said- "Fruits, Flakes and Nuts" LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 12 Aug 2009 01:01:59p, Goomba told us...

> Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
>> refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."
>>
>> N.

> I've always heard it said- "Fruits, Flakes and Nuts" LOL

I always thought Michigan was the home of the "Flakes".

--
Wayne Boatwright
I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There's no

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Wed 12 Aug 2009 01:01:59p, Goomba told us...
>
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
> >> refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."
> >>
> >> N.

> > I've always heard it said- "Fruits, Flakes and Nuts" LOL
> >

> I always thought Michigan was the home of the "Flakes".

Only in Ann Arbor...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That would be Battle Creek, Michigan, home of Kelloggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sharon Chilson wrote:

> That would be Battle Creek, Michigan, home of Kelloggs.

And Post. C. W. Post spent some time at Battle Creek
Sanitarium, and as a result of that experience invented
Postum (a coffee substitute) which was very popular.
Later, he entered the breakfast cereal market with
Grape-Nuts. When I visited Battle Creek back in the
1960's, the Post company had a big presence there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson said...

> Fortunately, dedicated civil servants are protecting us!
>
> http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/1580754.html

And here I thought the growing threat of illegal juice had been averted!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> the end of the coop.

No wonder California is broke. They're charging tax on non-money. I
like my Mid-West.

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> Oh, I dunno - we still are independent thinkers here where I am - we
> refer to California as the "land of fruits and nuts."

If you're not fruit, your nuts.

jt

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 14, 9:46*am, jt august > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > I belonged to a food coop years ago. *Everybody had to contribute labor. *
> > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > labor. *There was no money. *It was a non-profit. *It was pretty much
> > the end of the coop.

> No wonder California is broke. *They're charging tax on non-money. *I
> like my Mid-West.
>
> jt

Yeah, me, too. My city doesn't even regulate garage or yard sales.
No permit or license required, no fee, no tax. That may end one of
these days -- other cities do it -- but so far, not us.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Aug 14, 9:46*am, jt august > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Dan Abel > wrote:
> >
> > > I belonged to a food coop years ago. *Everybody had to contribute labor. *
> > > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > > labor. *There was no money. *It was a non-profit. *It was pretty much
> > > the end of the coop.

> > No wonder California is broke. *They're charging tax on non-money. *I
> > like my Mid-West.
> >
> > jt

> Yeah, me, too. My city doesn't even regulate garage or yard sales.
> No permit or license required, no fee, no tax. That may end one of
> these days -- other cities do it -- but so far, not us.

Almost no place in the StL area charges for garage/yard sale permits,
but most require them so that people don't do one every weekend, in
effect running a business from their home without business permits.
Most limit a single residence to 2 or 4 per year.

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jt august" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
>> I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
>> At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
>> labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
>> the end of the coop.

> No wonder California is broke. They're charging tax on non-money.

Surely it's the stupid law that makes them ask the electorate to increase
taxes that has hamstrung the administration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jt august wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > I belonged to a food coop years ago. Everybody had to contribute labor.
> > At one point the State came in and said we had to pay sales tax on that
> > labor. There was no money. It was a non-profit. It was pretty much
> > the end of the coop.

> No wonder California is broke. They're charging tax on non-money. I
> like my Mid-West.

Not only that, but the certificates California is issuing
in place of money cannot be used to pay taxes owed to the
state.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...s_Own_IOUs.htm

green chile stands denver monkeydeskstand General Cooking 6 28-10-2010 01:01 AM
Pioneer Plasma Tv Stands [email protected] Baking 0 21-05-2009 05:46 AM
Recent killing an rapes of American citizens bring forth the slogan, "A good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien". greg3347 General Cooking 0 16-08-2007 08:01 PM
Cookbook Stands John MacDonald General 0 09-04-2005 05:16 PM
Corner Hamburger Stands So Cal Mike Fuhrman Restaurants 0 15-11-2004 05:40 PM