Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

Default green chile stands denver

Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.

Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
like them roasted.

If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.

Thanks either way.
Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

monkeydeskstand > wrote:

>Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
>stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
>even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
>in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
>are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
>basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
>us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
>
>Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
>beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
>like them roasted.
>
>If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.

I have no information, but it should not be too late in the
season yet. Stop by all the main grocery stores and ask them
who is roasting.

We just roasted some California chilis for use in tonight's
dinner. Not the same as NM but still righteous.

Steve
Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> monkeydeskstand > wrote:
>
> >Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
> >stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
> >even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
> >in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
> >are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
> >basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
> >us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
> >
> >Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
> >beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
> >like them roasted.
> >
> >If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.
> >

> I have no information, but it should not be too late in the
> season yet. Stop by all the main grocery stores and ask them
> who is roasting.
>
> We just roasted some California chilis for use in tonight's
> dinner. Not the same as NM but still righteous.
>

> Steve

Colorado has some great 'locally' (state) grown chilies. But Hatch I
have found to be my favorite. Although some local varieties I would
(maybe) choose over Hatch, and likely over most other NM chilies.

Judging by this, http://denvergreenchili.com/default.aspx I can maybe
still get green chilies.

I have family farmers and corn though for fall interests, in Colorado,
that corn is their the main crop. The best corn.

The climate is completely perfect for these.
Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> monkeydeskstand > wrote:
>
> >Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
> >stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
> >even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
> >in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
> >are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
> >basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
> >us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
> >
> >Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
> >beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
> >like them roasted.
> >
> >If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.
> >

> I have no information, but it should not be too late in the
> season yet. Stop by all the main grocery stores and ask them
> who is roasting.
>
> We just roasted some California chilis for use in tonight's
> dinner. Not the same as NM but still righteous.
>

> Steve

Enchiladas are the best with lots of roasted green chilies. Needs
obvious huge amounts of cheese, ground beef, enchilada sauce, and sour
cream and lettuce, and also fresh uncooked fresh tomatoes in the end.
Maybe some black olives to top it off. Black pepper.

mmm
Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

monkeydeskstand wrote:
> Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
> stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
> even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
> in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
> are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
> basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
> us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
>
> Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
> beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
> like them roasted.
>
> If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.
>
> Thanks either way.

> The Chili Guys
> at Olde Glory Fireworks
> 5501 Federal Blvd.
> Denver, CO
> 303-455-4030

Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

monkeydeskstand wrote:
> Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
> stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
> even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
> in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
> are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
> basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
> us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
>
> Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
> beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
> like them roasted.
>
> If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.
>
> Thanks either way.

You could call Nick's Garden Center to see if they are still roasting
or drive along Federal Blvd. to see if anyone there is still open, but
I think you are too late in the season. Late August to mid September is
chile season in Denver. Pumpkin stands have replaced chile roasters
now, and Christmas trees will take their place next weekend.

gloria p
Posted to co.general,rec.food.cooking

resolution trust wrote:
> monkeydeskstand wrote:
> > Hello, does anybody know of still operating roasting green chile
> > stands in or around Denver. Usually get 2 or three bushels each fall,
> > even 4, but it's late in the season, as we weren't keeping priorities
> > in sight. Still have some from last fall and our freezing techniques
> > are good, but the quality texture and flavor of what we got last year
> > basically sucked so that is why the lack of enthusiasm that has left
> > us to this possible demise of lack of green chile.
> >
> > Person there was extremely drunk and I assume the roasters were total
> > beginners. Didn't speak English well enough so I couldn't relay how I
> > like them roasted.
> >
> > If you know one please reply, preferable hatch green chilies.
> >
> > Thanks either way.

> > The Chili Guys
> > at Olde Glory Fireworks
> > 5501 Federal Blvd.
> > Denver, CO
> > 303-455-4030

Thanks, that's one of my favorite stands. Somehow missed them last
year. Anyway called them and they will be going for a little longer.
At least a week maybe two or a little longer.

The value of green chile La Mirada General Cooking 0 09-06-2015 07:14 PM
Chile Macho (Green Chile Sauce) Terry Pogue Recipes (moderated) 0 02-02-2010 01:03 PM
REC: Green Chile koko General Cooking 11 10-09-2007 03:51 PM
Green Chile? TPhil Mexican Cooking 0 05-12-2003 09:48 AM