Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I don't need to shop today.

I've gotten into the habit of looking at sales ads and clipping
coupons, then planning meals around that. On one hand, it's kind of
like having someone else dictate how you're going to live. On the
other hand, it's great when I can't decide what to cook, and in theory
I'm saving money. Normally I plan out what I'm going to make for the
week, etc, then go to the store on Sunday and pick up the necessary
goods. It used to be about $40-60/week for me to feed myself for a
week and have some beer on the weekend.

I must have over-planned last weekend, because I spent about $45,
cooked up stuff all week, and yet I still have everything I need to
make meals for the coming week. So there's no need for me to go to
the store.

Now I'm bored.

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

phaeton wrote:
> I've gotten into the habit of looking at sales ads and clipping
> coupons, then planning meals around that. On one hand, it's kind of
> like having someone else dictate how you're going to live. On the
> other hand, it's great when I can't decide what to cook, and in theory
> I'm saving money. Normally I plan out what I'm going to make for the
> week, etc, then go to the store on Sunday and pick up the necessary
> goods. It used to be about $40-60/week for me to feed myself for a
> week and have some beer on the weekend.
>
> I must have over-planned last weekend, because I spent about $45,
> cooked up stuff all week, and yet I still have everything I need to
> make meals for the coming week. So there's no need for me to go to
> the store.
>
> Now I'm bored.
>
> -J

I have gone so far as to shop AND cook up enough food that i don't need
to do more than heat something up, sometimes for a week or more. Kind
of irritating when i feel like cooking and there is no real reason to do
so beyond me wanting to do so.

I made an omelet this morning just cause i had some extra cheese on hand.
Bit of grated from the neighborhood Italian deli. Usually a boiled egg
and toast and coffee suffice.
--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 9, 2:43*pm, "Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." >
wrote:

> I have gone so far as to shop AND cook up enough food that i don't need
> to do more than heat something up, sometimes for a week or more. *

That's often my strategy as well. I have a 3 pound pork roast in the
slow cooker right now.

It's going to be bbq pulled pork (which I eat on rice instead of buns,
because I'm weird), mashed potatoes, and one or more bags of frozen
vegetables in the 'self-steaming bag'. I'm sure that I'll be heating
up portions of this until next Saturday. Even if I'm tired of it
already.

-J