Posted to rec.food.cooking
Zaz Zaz is offline

Default The Wonders of Juicing

An infomercial - Jack LaLanne and his wife are marketing the Power
Juicer.

Looks inviting, but I think it would be a devil to clean!

Any experiences with them?
--
Z.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Zaz" > wrote in message

> An infomercial - Jack LaLanne and his wife are marketing the Power
> Juicer.
>
> Looks inviting, but I think it would be a devil to clean!
>
> Any experiences with them?
> --

No, I like the "pound the **** out of it with your bare hands" method of
juicing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Zaz > wrote:

> An infomercial - Jack LaLanne and his wife are marketing the Power
> Juicer.
>
> Looks inviting, but I think it would be a devil to clean!
>
> Any experiences with them?

I don't have the LaLane brand, but I've had a juicer for years. I tend
to use mine more for juicing for veggie broths and sauces. I also have
had success with mine for fresh apple cider. I have a broccoli soup
that I substitute half the chicken stock for broccoli juice (3 parts
juice, one part water) and the change in flavor is wonderful. Great use
for those stalks that have the tough skin to them. Onion juice works
great for gravies, also.

As to clean up, I just put the detachable pieces in the dishwasher. Not
sure if the LaLane unit has DW safe parts, but mine does.

Oh, and I bought mine at a garage sale in the mid 90's for $7.

jt

Will wonders ever cease? sf[_9_] General Cooking 41 06-04-2014 04:10 AM
juicing RichD General Cooking 55 06-03-2014 01:14 PM
The Kitchen, and All Its Wonders Victor Sack[_1_] General Cooking 1 18-11-2012 04:02 PM
Winter Wonders mixr General 0 27-01-2010 07:02 PM
The medical wonders of wine Ray Winemaking 8 30-04-2004 03:16 AM