Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Krispy Kreme has cleaned up it's act.

The "glazed original" was tested in March this year and it contained 29.4%
trans fats of the total fat %.

After it was made public by 'Choice' magazine, they tested them a month later
and suprise, suprise, they contained only 1/10th as much trans fat.

But there were a few other suprise offenders amongst the worst......... Four
'N Twenty pies, Pampas shortcrust pastry, McCafe iced doughnuts, Coles bakery
fresh doughnuts, Herbert Adams pasties, Donut King glazed doughnuts, and Sara
Lee snack quiche lorraine.

Good thing I don't eat doughnuts at all.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...68-662,00.html

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"As viscous as motor oil swirled in a swamp, redolent of burnt bell peppers
nested in by incontinent mice and a finish reminiscent of the dregs of a
stale can of Coca-Cola that someone has been using as an ashtray. Not a bad
drink, though."
Excerpt from "The Moose Turd Wine Tasting" by T. A. Nonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 27, 7:57*pm, PeterL > wrote:
> The "glazed original" was tested in March this year and it contained 29.4%
> trans fats of the total fat %.
>
> After it was made public by 'Choice' magazine, they tested them a month later
> and suprise, suprise, they contained only 1/10th as much trans fat.
>
> But there were a few other suprise offenders amongst the worst......... Four
> 'N Twenty pies, Pampas shortcrust pastry, McCafe iced doughnuts, Coles bakery
> fresh doughnuts, Herbert Adams pasties, Donut King glazed doughnuts, and Sara
> Lee snack quiche lorraine.
>
> Good thing I don't eat doughnuts at all.
>
> http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...68-662,00.html

Krispy Kreme and Sara lee are the only two that are in the US that I'm
aware of. Looks like you Aussies need to write to your
representatives and start a campaign to ban trans fats in all your
foods.

While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....
;-)
maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:32:40 -0700 (PDT), maxine >
wrote:

>While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....

I'm an equal opportunity eater. White flour and sugar are fine by me.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 27, 11:45�pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:32:40 -0700 (PDT), maxine >
> wrote:
>
> >While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....

> I'm an equal opportunity eater. �White flour and sugar are fine by me.

I'll even eat the trans fats if it means the food is going to taste
better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:32:40 -0700 (PDT), maxine >
> wrote:
>
>>While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....

> I'm an equal opportunity eater. White flour and sugar are fine by me.

The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine > wrote in news:96aed454-9139-401c-9743-390e38a99181
@y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

>> http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...68-662,00.html
>>

> Krispy Kreme and Sara lee are the only two that are in the US that I'm
> aware of. Looks like you Aussies need to write to your
> representatives and start a campaign to ban trans fats in all your
> foods.
>
> While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....
> ;-)

White flour has it's uses....... especially the "OO" stuff for making pasta
:-)

Sugar has some uses as well.

I take it you don't use either?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"As viscous as motor oil swirled in a swamp, redolent of burnt bell peppers
nested in by incontinent mice and a finish reminiscent of the dregs of a
stale can of Coca-Cola that someone has been using as an ashtray. Not a bad
drink, though."
Excerpt from "The Moose Turd Wine Tasting" by T. A. Nonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-06-28, cybercat > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message

>> I'm an equal opportunity eater. White flour and sugar are fine by me.
>>

> The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

The whole idea of any person expressing any opinion contrary to yours is
entirely beyond your scope.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-06-28, Michael "Dog3" > wrote:

> Seems to be a lot of that around these parts lately.

Who axed ya!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob replied to cyber****:

>> The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

> The whole idea of any person expressing any opinion contrary to yours is
> entirely beyond your scope.

In this case, cyber**** is merely parroting what I said just over a month
ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...c9673fb54c32b4

Cyber**** avidly reads everything I write, in the hope of bettering its
"life."

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
> notbob > : in
> rec.food.cooking

>>> The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

>> The whole idea of any person expressing any opinion contrary to yours is
>> entirely beyond your scope.

> Seems to be a lot of that around these parts lately.

No, you're just an idiot. And nb is a malicious, petty idiot. Enjoy one
another.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 28, 2:06*am, PeterL > wrote:
> maxine > wrote in news:96aed454-9139-401c-9743-390e38a99181
> @y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:
>

> >>http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...68-662,00.html

> > Krispy Kreme and Sara lee are the only two that are in the US that I'm
> > aware of. *Looks like you Aussies need to write to your
> > representatives and start a campaign to ban trans fats in all your
> > foods.

> > While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....
> > ;-)

> White flour has it's uses....... especially the "OO" stuff for making pasta
> :-)
>
> Sugar has some uses as well.
>
> I take it you don't use either?

That's what the winky-face was for. It's a joke, Son, a Joke.

Thus sayeth the lady with 30 pounds of white flour and 10 pounds of
white sugar in her cupboards

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine > wrote in news:b1a91c7f-0435-452e-8f3b-
:

> On Jun 28, 2:06*am, PeterL > wrote:
>> maxine > wrote in news:96aed454-9139-401c-9743-

390e38a9
> 9181
>> @y7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...68-662,00.html

>> > Krispy Kreme and Sara lee are the only two that are in the US that

I'm
>> > aware of. *Looks like you Aussies need to write to your
>> > representatives and start a campaign to ban trans fats in all your
>> > foods.

>> > While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....
>> > ;-)

>> White flour has it's uses....... especially the "OO" stuff for making

pas
> ta
>> :-)
>>
>> Sugar has some uses as well.
>>
>> I take it you don't use either?

> That's what the winky-face was for. It's a joke, Son, a Joke.

Thanks Mom.

> Thus sayeth the lady with 30 pounds of white flour and 10 pounds of
> white sugar in her cupboards

15kgs of flour??!! You planning on some baking real soon, yes??

I have 3kgs of white flour, and 25kgs of white sugar on hand.

And no, I don't have a sweet tooth!!

Coffee I have either black, or white, with none..... and tea the same.

But..... you need a lot of sugar to make a decent single malt scotch ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"As viscous as motor oil swirled in a swamp, redolent of burnt bell
peppers nested in by incontinent mice and a finish reminiscent of the
dregs of a stale can of Coca-Cola that someone has been using as an
ashtray. Not a bad drink, though."
Excerpt from "The Moose Turd Wine Tasting" by T. A. Nonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:52:32 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:32:40 -0700 (PDT), maxine >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>While they're at it, they can ban white flour and sugar....

>> I'm an equal opportunity eater. White flour and sugar are fine by me.
>>

> The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

the doughnut was perfectly healthy before i ate it. its health declined
precipitously after that.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:52:32 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> I'm an equal opportunity eater. White flour and sugar are fine by me.
>>>

>> The whole idea of a healthy donut is ridiculous.

> the doughnut was perfectly healthy before i ate it. its health declined
> precipitously after that.

hahaha!