Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default No mice for breakfast!

No mice for breakfast!

Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!

I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!

So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs of
milk.

You?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> No mice for breakfast!
>
> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>
> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs of
> milk.

Mice are obviously smarter... that's a no brainer... and they definitely
have their taste buds in a better place than you. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9C353C296B824CotD@

216.196.97.131...
>> No mice for breakfast!
>>
>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>>
>> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs

of
>> milk.
>>

> Mice are obviously smarter... that's a no brainer... and they definitely
> have their taste buds in a better place than you. LOL

Heh heh heh.

Looks like you've been released from Usenet killfile jail again!

Play nice.

Andy
--
"I only know what I read, not what I'm talking about!"
--Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote in :

> No mice for breakfast!
>
> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!

try peanut butter.

> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!

mice aren't as stupid as most people think. not as smart as rats,
but they learn fast (can you tell i did lots of science fair
projects that involved mice & learning?)

> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few
> swigs of milk.

no beer?

> You?

coffee & tea bread, so called because it's made with tea. it's a
really dense fruity quickbread. i think a few walnuts or pecans
might improve the recipe
lee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-06-25, enigma > wrote:

> try peanut butter.

Yes. Best mouse bait ever, as discovered at a national laboratory which
was overrun by mice and held a lab-wide mouse catching contest. Some of the
best weapons scientist in the country determined nothing beats peanut butter.

Closer to home, we've been plagued by field mice in the house, this Summer.
Good ol' spring traps with peanut butter have netted a half dozen in the
last couple weeks. The advantage with p-butter, beside the fact it's a
nut/grain, a mouse's fave food, it sticks to the trigger and forces the
mouse to work harder to get it off. BAM!! ....el dead-o de mouse-o.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma said...

> Andy > wrote in :
>
>> No mice for breakfast!
>>
>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!

> try peanut butter.

Oh yeah, right!

And then, what am I supposed to eat?

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> enigma said...
>
>> Andy > wrote in :
>>
>>> No mice for breakfast!
>>>
>>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!

>> try peanut butter.

> Oh yeah, right!
>
> And then, what am I supposed to eat?

The mouse?

> Best,
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Norman Paperman said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message news:Xns9C3566EC0EBECCotD@

216.196.97.131...
>> enigma said...

>>> try peanut butter.

>> Oh yeah, right!
>>
>> And then, what am I supposed to eat?

> The mouse?

If it would just try the trap!!! I mean no harm... honest!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> No mice for breakfast!
>
> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>
> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs of
> milk.

> You souns as tough you were planning to eat the mice you caught.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l said...

>> > try peanut butter.

>> Oh yeah, right!
>>
>> And then, what am I supposed to eat?

> Chocolate mouse, of course.

Damsel??

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p said...

> Andy wrote:
>> No mice for breakfast!
>>
>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>>
>> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs of
>> milk.

>> You souns as tough you were planning to eat the mice you caught.

Heh heh heh heh heh!

I did find three dead (blind?) mice neatly in a row in the furnace room in
the basement once. A cult suicide no doubt! <G>

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:56:24 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>> No mice for breakfast!
>>
>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>
>> I'plaletm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!

> Try foie gras, they may have a more discerning palate.

Peanut butter works fine when we get "visitors". I've caught them in as
little as 10 minutes after the trap is set.

Last fall when it first got cold we had quite an infestation. When we
cleaned the garage shortly after, we found they'd eaten an entire 5# bag
of sunflowers seeds we keep for the birds. No wonder they were so
prolific! Within two days our dainty Tonkinese cat had caught 2 and the
trap caught 8 more. No sign of anything since but the trap remains set.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> enigma said...
>
>> Andy > wrote in :
>>
>>> No mice for breakfast!
>>>
>>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!

>> try peanut butter.

> Oh yeah, right!
>
> And then, what am I supposed to eat?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

You COULD learn to SHARE!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p said...

> Stu wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:56:24 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> No mice for breakfast!
>>>
>>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>>
>>> I'plaletm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!

>> Try foie gras, they may have a more discerning palate.
>>

> Peanut butter works fine when we get "visitors". I've caught them in as
> little as 10 minutes after the trap is set.
>
> Last fall when it first got cold we had quite an infestation. When we
> cleaned the garage shortly after, we found they'd eaten an entire 5# bag
> of sunflowers seeds we keep for the birds. No wonder they were so
> prolific! Within two days our dainty Tonkinese cat had caught 2 and the
> trap caught 8 more. No sign of anything since but the trap remains set.
>
> gloria p

I once put a big squirrel (rat) trap in the driveway and guess what? I
trapped a tiny field mouse!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p said...

> Andy wrote:
>> enigma said...

>>> try peanut butter.

>> Oh yeah, right!
>>
>> And then, what am I supposed to eat?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> You COULD learn to SHARE!
>
> gloria p

OK!

You call it.

Heads or tails!

<flip>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> No mice for breakfast!

Awww, gee. I LOVE mice for breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> No mice for breakfast!

> Awww, gee. I LOVE mice for breakfast.

Oh yeah?

Wanna wrestle???

Andy
With hands tied behind my back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> No mice for breakfast!
>
> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>
> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs of
> milk.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Er, a stale scone, which I had forgotten about. Now why didn't
you ask about my dim sum breakfast? I was gonna continue with the
pig's feet and stomach just for you.
(
They also have tripe. The stomach seemed little different,
although some of the pieces were thicker.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> No mice for breakfast!
>>
>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>>
>> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs

of
>> milk.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Er, a stale scone, which I had forgotten about. Now why didn't
> you ask about my dim sum breakfast? I was gonna continue with the
> pig's feet and stomach just for you.
> (
> They also have tripe. The stomach seemed little different,
> although some of the pieces were thicker.

I must live on another planet.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> cybercat said...
>

>> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>>
>>> No mice for breakfast!
>>>

>> Awww, gee. I LOVE mice for breakfast.
>>

> Oh yeah?
>
> Wanna wrestle???
>
> Andy
> With hands tied behind my back.

Kinky! ;-)

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> No mice for breakfast!
>>>
>>> Left a hunk of cheese in the mousetrap. No takers!!!
>>>
>>> I'm beginning to wonder if they're smarter than I am!
>>>
>>> So, I had a few garlic hummus on crispbreads instead, with a few swigs

> of
>>> milk.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> Er, a stale scone, which I had forgotten about. Now why didn't
>> you ask about my dim sum breakfast? I was gonna continue with the
>> pig's feet and stomach just for you.
>> (
>> They also have tripe. The stomach seemed little different,
>> although some of the pieces were thicker.

> I must live on another planet.
>
> Andy

Because?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Andy wrote:
>> cybercat said...

>>> Awww, gee. I LOVE mice for breakfast.
>>>

>> Oh yeah?
>>
>> Wanna wrestle???
>>
>> Andy
>> With hands tied behind my back.
>>

> Kinky! ;-)
>

> Becca

I always lose!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Jean B. said...

>> of

>>> Er, a stale scone, which I had forgotten about. Now why didn't
>>> you ask about my dim sum breakfast? I was gonna continue with the
>>> pig's feet and stomach just for you.
>>> (
>>> They also have tripe. The stomach seemed little different,
>>> although some of the pieces were thicker.

>> I must live on another planet.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Because?

Because I've been rowing the oceans (lakes, actually) and I've yet to find
a mouce that could swim.

I'm using the wrong bait?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stu said...

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:50:27 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>Becca said...

>>> Kinky! ;-)
>>>

>>> Becca

>>I always lose!
>>
>>Andy

> You just want some hot sweaty female to wrestle you to the ground,
> Come on tell the truth Andy... you let them win

Heh heh heh heh heh!

I try!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>> cybercat said...

>>> Awww, gee. I LOVE mice for breakfast.

>> Oh yeah?
>>
>> Wanna wrestle???
>>
>> Andy
>> With hands tied behind my back.
>>

> Kinky! ;-)

I am still standing here looking at Andy with a stupid look on my face, a
mouse tale hanging out of my mouth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> Andy wrote:
>>> cybercat said...

>>> Oh yeah?
>>>
>>> Wanna wrestle???
>>>
>>> Andy
>>> With hands tied behind my back.
>>>

>> Kinky! ;-)
>>

> I am still standing here looking at Andy with a stupid look on my face, a
> mouse tale hanging out of my mouth.

She feels better laying down, not telling fictitious tales.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> gloria.p said...
>
>> Stu wrote:

>>> Try foie gras, they may have a more discerning palate.
>>>

>> Peanut butter works fine when we get "visitors". I've caught them in as
>> little as 10 minutes after the trap is set.
>>
>> Last fall when it first got cold we had quite an infestation. When we
>> cleaned the garage shortly after, we found they'd eaten an entire 5# bag
>> of sunflowers seeds we keep for the birds. No wonder they were so
>> prolific! Within two days our dainty Tonkinese cat had caught 2 and the
>> trap caught 8 more. No sign of anything since but the trap remains set.
>>
>> gloria p

> I once put a big squirrel (rat) trap in the driveway and guess what? I
> trapped a tiny field mouse!
>
> Andy

Not exactly a mouse meal
But this just in as reading the NG
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phil-c said...

> Andy wrote:
>> gloria.p said...

>>> Peanut butter works fine when we get "visitors". I've caught them in

as
>>> little as 10 minutes after the trap is set.
>>>
>>> Last fall when it first got cold we had quite an infestation. When we
>>> cleaned the garage shortly after, we found they'd eaten an entire 5#

bag
>>> of sunflowers seeds we keep for the birds. No wonder they were so
>>> prolific! Within two days our dainty Tonkinese cat had caught 2 and

the
>>> trap caught 8 more. No sign of anything since but the trap remains

set.

>>> gloria p

>> I once put a big squirrel (rat) trap in the driveway and guess what? I
>> trapped a tiny field mouse!
>>
>> Andy

> Not exactly a mouse meal
> But this just in as reading the NG