Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes

With yogurt spice paste and sesame seed crust.

How could you pass up a recipe with a name like that?

I scrubbed two huge baking potatoes, rubbed them with oil and put some
sea salt on them, then got the ingredients together while they were
baking.
http://i39.tinypic.com/24gvdc6.jpg

When the potatoes were done the pulp was scooped out leaving about 1/2
inch thick shell. The pulp was mashed and some butter, cilantro, green
onion and chile were added.
http://i40.tinypic.com/x0ut5c.jpg

They were then slathered with a spice paste made of yogurt, garlic,
ginger, paprika, coriander, cumin and lemon juice. The tops were
sprinkled with sesame seeds
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ibf443.jpg

The bottom of the potatoes are then dipped in some sauce, then the
sesame seeds. Oh, yummmmm sauce on top and bottom. Pop those babies in
the oven. The recipe calls for them on the grill but I wasn't grilling
last night.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2hr34f5.jpg

Once they are hot and bubbly they are ready. These are so stinkin'
good. Rich, creamy and spicy.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2quu3ro.jpg

The recipe is a little involved so I'll type it out and post it
tonight.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:44:33 -0700, koko > wrote:

>With yogurt spice paste and sesame seed crust.
>
>How could you pass up a recipe with a name like that?

snippage

>The recipe is a little involved so I'll type it out and post it
>tonight.
>
>koko

Here the recipe is.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Cheese Stuffed Potatoes Yogurt-Spice Paste Sesame Seed Crust

vegetables, bar-b-q

potatoes and stuffing
3 large russet potatoes; unpeeled, scrubbed
1 cup packed Monterey Jack cheese; coarsely grated
2 tablespoons Butter; melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 green onion; finely chopped
1 serrano chile; seeded, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
coarse kosher salt
yogurt-spice paste
2 cloves garlic; coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger; peeled
2 teaspoons sweet or hot paprika
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup plain yogurt; greek style**
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sesame seeds
disposable aluminum baking pan
11 3/4X8 1/2X 1 1/4 inches

Potatoes and stuffing:
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Place potatoes
directly on oven rack and bake until tender when pierced with fork,
about 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and let stand until cool
enough to handle.
Do Ahead:Can be made one day ahead. Cover and chill.

Cut potatoes horizontally in half. Using spoon, scoop out pulp,
leaving 1/2-inch-thick shell. Transfer potato pulp to medium bowl and
mash; mix in cheese, melted butter, cilantro, green onion, chile, and
sesame seeds. Season potato mixture generously with salt and pepper;
divide among potato shells
Do Ahead: Can be made six hours ahead. Cover and chill.

Yogurt-Spice Paste:
Combine first 6 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, blend
until mixture is finely chopped. Add yogurt, oil, and lemon juice and
process until smooth puree forms. Transfer to small bowl. Season to
taste with salt and pepper.
Do Ahead: Can be made six hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

Remove top rack from grill. Place disposable aluminum baking pan in
center of bottom rack (if using 2-burner gas grill, place pan on 1
side of burner) Add enough water to pan to reach depth of 1 inch.
Prepere barbecue (medium heat.) If using charcoal grill, light
briquettes in chimney and pour half onto rack on each side of
disposable pan. If using 3 burner gas grill, light burners on left and
right, leaving center burner off. If using 2 burner gas grill, light
burner on side opposite disposable pan. Return top rack to grill.
Place sheet of foil on grill rack above unlit burner; brush with
vegetable oil.
Place sesame seeds on small plate. Place half of yogurt-spice paste in
shallow bowl and reserve. Spread remaining yogurt-spice paste over top
of potato filling in each potato half. Sprinkle with half of sesame
seeds. Dip bottom of each potato half into reserved spice paste, then
dip into remaining sesame seeds. Place potatoes atop foil on grill
rack above disposable pan. Cover barbecue and grill until potatoes are
heated through and bubbling in center, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer
potatoes to platter and serve.

**a thick yogurt; sold at some supermarkets and specialty food stores
and Greek markets. If unavailable, place regular yogurt in
cheesecloth-lined strainer set over large bowl. Cover and chill
overnight to drain.

Notes: bon appetit July 2009

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 06/20
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> With yogurt spice paste and sesame seed crust.
>
> How could you pass up a recipe with a name like that?

One of the few things i will use garlic granules instead of whole garlic
for.

I like to rub the potatoes with butter then sprinkle with garlic
granules & salt them, then after baking, i open them up lightly mash the
potato and dot with butter sprinkle on some garlic granules, a bit of
oregano and a good amount of shredded sharp cheddar.

B the time i put the plate on the table the cheese has begun to melt and
mix with the garlic and oregano.
--
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://www.dancingmice.net/Karn%20Evil%209.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:14:01 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Here the recipe is.
>
>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Cheese Stuffed Potatoes Yogurt-Spice Paste Sesame Seed Crust

Thank you kindly m'am! Snipped and saved.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:37:56 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:14:01 -0700, koko > wrote:
>

>>Here the recipe is.
>>
>>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>>Cheese Stuffed Potatoes Yogurt-Spice Paste Sesame Seed Crust

>Thank you kindly m'am! Snipped and saved.

You are very welcome.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 06/20

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:49:51 -0700, "Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq."
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>> With yogurt spice paste and sesame seed crust.
>>
>> How could you pass up a recipe with a name like that?

>One of the few things i will use garlic granules instead of whole garlic
>for.
>
>I like to rub the potatoes with butter then sprinkle with garlic
>granules & salt them, then after baking, i open them up lightly mash the
>potato and dot with butter sprinkle on some garlic granules, a bit of
>oregano and a good amount of shredded sharp cheddar.
>
>B the time i put the plate on the table the cheese has begun to melt and
>mix with the garlic and oregano.

Sounds like a good idea.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 06/20

REC: Stuffed Potatoes Mike Muth General Cooking 17 26-10-2012 01:03 AM
Stuffed Red Potatoes Duckie ® Recipes 0 02-02-2006 02:21 PM
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-11-2005 04:09 PM
Cheese-Stuffed Baked Potatoes Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 03-12-2004 05:54 PM
Stuffed Potatoes (3) Collection Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 30-11-2004 01:31 AM