Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nestle Toll House cookie dough recall

Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.
66 reports of illness, 25 hospitalized, no deaths yet.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE= DEFAULT
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
>>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

Even if I bought it I wouldn't eat raw cookie dough. I can't stand soft
cookies and I hate cookies in ice cream. I like all baked goods what I call
"high brown", crisp and baked to the point of a feminine pubic hair before
burnt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

>> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
>> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.
>>

> Even if I bought it I wouldn't eat raw cookie dough. I can't stand soft
> cookies and I hate cookies in ice cream. I like all baked goods what I
> call "high brown", crisp and baked to the point of a feminine pubic hair
> before burnt.

Then you like Brown Edge Wafers? I think they are no longer made-at least
not around here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
> >Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

I'd buy a tub of packaged cookie dough, but for specific use such as a
camping trip where the convenience is the main factor. The cookie dough
I make while producing about the best cookies around, does not hold well
under refrigeration (I've tried), it has to be baked directly from
mixing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 6:26*pm, Mr. Bill > wrote:

> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? * We ALL make ours from
> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen. *

I would if I'd been asked to bring cookies to a gathering where I
wasn't trying to impress anyone, or else the eaters wouldn't
appreciate scratch. Think cub scout pack meeting etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message

> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message

>>> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
>>> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.
>>>

>> Even if I bought it I wouldn't eat raw cookie dough. I can't stand soft
>> cookies and I hate cookies in ice cream. I like all baked goods what I
>> call "high brown", crisp and baked to the point of a feminine pubic hair
>> before burnt.
>>

> Then you like Brown Edge Wafers? I think they are no longer made-at least
> not around here.

Gee, I haven't seen those in years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
>>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

Margarine?! The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
on which is used).

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 10:34*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message

> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> > wrote:

> >>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> > Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? * We ALL make ours from
> > margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

> Margarine?! *The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
> vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
> on which is used).

Would it look like delusions of grandeur to suggest that there's a
decent chance that Mr. Bill's "margarine" post was specifically
intended to f*** with *me*?

Though it wouldn't surprise me to find that he does keep margarine in
his kitchen.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 11:34*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> Margarine?! *The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
> vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
> on which is used).

Have you ever tested this with a marathon cookie baking session?
Sounds like a project which would produce some edible results. I'd
try it but fear I'd down em all within 24 hours, margarine and butter
ones alike. I can't have CCCs in the house for this reason.
Especially homemade.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 6:32*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Jun 19, 11:34*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> > Margarine?! *The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
> > vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
> > on which is used).

> Have you ever tested this with a marathon cookie baking session?
> Sounds like a project which would produce some edible results. *I'd
> try it but fear I'd down em all within 24 hours, margarine and butter
> ones alike. *I can't have CCCs in the house for this reason.
> Especially homemade.

This is true. While I absolutely butter and do not even buy or use
margarine, I actually do prefer the lighter crispier texture of
margarine-based CCCs. And the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
in margarine are inarguably more heart healthy than the animal-based
saturated fats in butter.

Best to NOT make CCC or other high fat foods a staple in your diet.
Yano? ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Jun 19, 11:34 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> Margarine?! The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
> vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
> on which is used).

Have you ever tested this with a marathon cookie baking session?
Sounds like a project which would produce some edible results. I'd
try it but fear I'd down em all within 24 hours, margarine and butter
ones alike. I can't have CCCs in the house for this reason.
Especially homemade.

Heh, you don't know me very well. I don't have a sweet tooth. I haven't
baked cookies in about 30 years

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 6:41*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Jun 20, 6:32*am, Kalmia > wrote:
>
> > On Jun 19, 11:34*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> > > Margarine?! *The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
> > > vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
> > > on which is used).

> > Have you ever tested this with a marathon cookie baking session?
> > Sounds like a project which would produce some edible results. *I'd
> > try it but fear I'd down em all within 24 hours, margarine and butter
> > ones alike. *I can't have CCCs in the house for this reason.
> > Especially homemade.

> This is true. While I absolutely butter and do not even buy or use
> margarine, I actually do prefer the lighter crispier texture of
> margarine-based CCCs. And the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
> in margarine are inarguably more heart healthy than the animal-based
> saturated fats in butter.
>
> Best to NOT make CCC or other high fat foods a staple in your diet.
> Yano? ;-)

If you don't SPECIFY non-hydrogenated margarines then the margarine is
NOT healthier. You are WAY to smart and educated to write something
that utterly stupid.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 7:45*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Jun 20, 6:41*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > Have you ever tested this with a marathon cookie baking session?
> > > Sounds like a project which would produce some edible results. *I'd
> > > try it but fear I'd down em all within 24 hours, margarine and butter
> > > ones alike. *I can't have CCCs in the house for this reason.
> > > Especially homemade.

> > This is true. While I absolutely butter and do not even buy or use
> > margarine, I actually do prefer the lighter crispier texture of
> > margarine-based CCCs. And the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
> > in margarine are inarguably more heart healthy than the animal-based
> > saturated fats in butter.

> > Best to NOT make CCC or other high fat foods a staple in your diet.
> > Yano? ;-)

> If you don't SPECIFY non-hydrogenated margarines then the margarine is
> NOT healthier. *You are WAY to smart and educated to write something
> that utterly stupid.
>

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

It's early, and I always have you to back me up so I'm relatively
safe. ;-)

Besides, anyone who takes crucial health information unsubstantiated
off the Internet is one of PT Barnum's fools!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:34:46 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

>> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
>> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.
>>

> Even if I bought it I wouldn't eat raw cookie dough. I can't stand soft
> cookies and I hate cookies in ice cream. I like all baked goods what I call
> "high brown", crisp and baked to the point of a feminine pubic hair before
> burnt.

i can well imagine that your response to seeing a female pubic hair is to
burn it.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:40:16 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jun 19, 10:34*pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message

>>> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? * We ALL make ours from
>>> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

>> Margarine?! *The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
>> vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft, depending
>> on which is used).

> Would it look like delusions of grandeur to suggest that there's a
> decent chance that Mr. Bill's "margarine" post was specifically
> intended to f*** with *me*?

yes.

(this has been another edition of short answers to stupid questions)

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:40:16 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

>>> Margarine?! The great debate here over the years has been butter vs.
>>> vegetable shortening (and the different results, crispy or soft,
>>> depending on which is used).

>> Would it look like delusions of grandeur to suggest that there's a
>> decent chance that Mr. Bill's "margarine" post was specifically
>> intended to f*** with *me*?
>>

> yes.
>
> (this has been another edition of short answers to stupid questions)

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." wrote:

> "Mr. Bill" wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> > Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? We ALL make ours from
> > margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen.

> I'd buy a tub of packaged cookie dough, but for specific use such as a
> camping trip where the convenience is the main factor. The cookie dough
> I make while producing about the best cookies around, does not hold well
> under refrigeration (I've tried), it has to be baked directly from
> mixing.

The Maternal Unit's reply to hearing that people eat
commercially-produced raw cookie dough was: 'But who would eat raw dough
they didn't make themselves?'
Exactly...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 6:26*pm, Mr. Bill > wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:12:35 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
> >Suspected E. coli outbreak from eating raw cookie dough.

> Who here would BUY packaged cookie dough? * We ALL make ours from
> margarine and other ingredients found in our kitchen. *

I would. My husband has a prep where he puts chunks of toll house
cookie
dough in a mini-muffin tin, bakes it, and presses in a mini Reese's
peanut
butter cup when they come out of the oven. More of a candy than a
cookie
by then.

No point wasting all that good margarine when all you can taste is
peanut
butter cup. Not to mention the effort of putting the ingredients
together.

Cindy Hamilton