Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default GMP Quality Assured ??

I think GMP Quality Assured stands for General Manufacturing Practices
Quality Assured, and is a seal on my Now Foods supplements.

Recently a NY Times article
<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/06/09/health/AP-US-MED-Remedies-Consumer-Tips.html>
talked about

"seals of approval" from independent groups that have standards to
help ensure the product was properly made, contains what the label
says, and is free of contaminants. These groups include
Consumerlab.com, NSF and the U.S. Pharmacopeia.

None of the above seem to list (as far as I can find) Now Foods.

I'm trying to find out if the GMP represents some type of equivalent
standard, or any info on what it means.

--
George Newton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 8:48 pm, George Newton > wrote:
> I think GMP Quality Assured stands for General Manufacturing Practices
> Quality Assured, and is a seal on my Now Foods supplements.
>
> Recently a NY Times article
> <http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/06/09/health/AP-US-MED-Remedies-...>
> talked about
>
> "seals of approval" from independent groups that have standards to
> help ensure the product was properly made, contains what the label
> says, and is free of contaminants. These groups include
> Consumerlab.com, NSF and the U.S. Pharmacopeia.
>
> None of the above seem to list (as far as I can find) Now Foods.
>
> I'm trying to find out if the GMP represents some type of equivalent
> standard, or any info on what it means.
>
> --
> George Newton

GMP means something adheres to the regulations for Good Manufacturing
Practices - as laid out in CFR 11 (Code of Federal Regulations, part
11). They are VERY detailed.

PJ