Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rhubarb Pie

Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
going to keep well at all.

http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

Looks good. You use the same knife that I do. Glad to see that it has
not been *******ized with strawberries.

I have recently switched from cutting the Crisco by hand to using a hand
mixer, but being careful not to over work it.

I love rhubarb pie but my wife is not a fan. However, she has been
enjoying the rhubarb custard pies that I have been making this year.
There is hope for her yet. I mean to make a rhubarb convert of her. It
is my number one favourite pie.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

Drat! I neglected to mention that the default view is a grid. The
pictures are best viewed as a slideshow (select at bottom of window).
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)

Looks good, B.

> I love rhubarb pie but my wife is not a fan. However, she has been
> enjoying the rhubarb custard pies that I have been making this year.
> There is hope for her yet. I mean to make a rhubarb convert of her. It
> is my number one favourite pie.

It's ours, too. We have one child (and his wife) who love
it. The other
child doesn't like any pie, period, unless it's in a
chocolate crumb crust.
Her husband and son will eat it, though.

She is our designated cheesecake maker.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 09 Jun 2009 05:36:42p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

It's beautiful and delicious looking, Barb. Far better to be a bit too wet
and too dry, and a great incentive to polish it off. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
I doubt whether the world holds for any one a more soul ~stirring

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> It's beautiful and delicious looking, Barb. Far better to be a bit too wet
> and too dry, and a great incentive to polish it off. :-)

Thanks. Personally, I prefer too dry to too wet‹you can usually add
something like ice cream to moisten up a pie, no?

I brought half to the world's greatest next door neighbors‹mine. I cut
a piece for The Widow Dorothy and I have another small piece for me. If
TWD doesn't call me back PDQ, she's gonna be SOL. :-o)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Puester > wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)

> Looks good, B.

Thanks. Tasty, too. I'm not a real big pie eater but do enjoy a piece
a couple times a year, maybe. It's too much for the two of us unless
it's apple and then HWSRN will eat generous portions.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 19:36:42 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
>Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
>times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
>added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
>enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
>going to keep well at all.
>
>http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

No fresh whipped cream??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 09 Jun 2009 06:59:41p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 7>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> It's beautiful and delicious looking, Barb. Far better to be a bit too
>> wet and too dry, and a great incentive to polish it off. :-)

> Thanks. Personally, I prefer too dry to too wet‹you can usually add
> something like ice cream to moisten up a pie, no?

Yes, of course. However, I'm probably one of the few people who does not
like ice cream on pie. A brandy syrup would work for me. <g>

> I brought half to the world's greatest next door neighbors‹mine. I cut
> a piece for The Widow Dorothy and I have another small piece for me. If
> TWD doesn't call me back PDQ, she's gonna be SOL. :-o)

Then I'm sure you've pleased several people!

--
Wayne Boatwright
We are all dietetic sinners; only a small percent of what we eat

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 09 Jun 2009 08:31:14p, told us...

wrote:
>>> No fresh whipped cream??

>>No fresh whipped cream. It doesn't appeal to me--I think of whipped
>>cream on a cream pie (e.g., chocolate, banana, coconut) or on a fruit
>>pie that does not include a top crust. But if you like it, that's just
>>fine.

> Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better

I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Breadbaking is one of those almost hypnotic businesses, like a

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" ha scritto nel messaggio
> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many >
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I >
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not >
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not >
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132
> --
> -Barb

I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still didn't
have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for it and asked,
but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her CSA box, but I have
not had any in 10 years!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for
> it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her
> CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
room and grew perennially.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" ha scritto nel messaggio
> Giusi wrote:

I even learned the word for>> it and asked, but I have never seen it.

> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much> room and
> grew perennially.
>
> nancy

I could have if I had ever seen any plants, but now I am selling the country
house and moving into the city.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
wrote:
> Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better

Sounds good enough to me, too.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Tue 09 Jun 2009 08:31:14p, told us...

> > Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better

> I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
> the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

Then you get a soggy crust, Wayne! <grin>
I believe I'll have that second piece of pie now and call it breakfast.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 10 Jun 2009 05:06:17a, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 7>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Tue 09 Jun 2009 08:31:14p, told us...

>> > Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better

>> I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
>> the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

> Then you get a soggy crust, Wayne! <grin>

Not if you eat fast! :-)

> I believe I'll have that second piece of pie now and call it breakfast.

That sounds like a great idea!

--
Wayne Boatwright
The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 04:08:34 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

wrote:

>>>No fresh whipped cream. It doesn't appeal to me--I think of whipped
>>>cream on a cream pie (e.g., chocolate, banana, coconut) or on a fruit
>>>pie that does not include a top crust. But if you like it, that's just
>>>fine.

>> Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better
>>

>I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
>the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:06:17 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article 7>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Tue 09 Jun 2009 08:31:14p, told us...

>> > Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better

>> I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
>> the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

>Then you get a soggy crust, Wayne! <grin>
>I believe I'll have that second piece of pie now and call it breakfast.

Hey, it goes the same place...and thick cream on crisp is my fav
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article 7>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> It's beautiful and delicious looking, Barb. Far better to be a bit too
>> wet
>> and too dry, and a great incentive to polish it off. :-)

> Thanks. Personally, I prefer too dry to too wet > something like ice
> cream to moisten up a pie, no?
>
> I brought half to the world's greatest next door neighbors > a piece for
> The Widow Dorothy and I have another small piece for me. If
> TWD doesn't call me back PDQ, she's gonna be SOL. :-o)
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
> "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
> -Philo of Alexandria

Any houses for sale in your neighbourhood???? <Grin>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Giusi wrote:
>
>> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
>> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for
>> it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her
>> CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
> room and grew perennially.
>
> nancy

They will literally grow like weeds without supervision depending on
where you live.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Giusi wrote:
>
>> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
>> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for
>> it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her
>> CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
> room and grew perennially.

It is very easy to grow and will survive in just about any reasonable
soil. You stick it in the ground in the spring and by the next year
should be able to harvest it. Just cut off the stalks you need for a pie
and within a day or two should have enough new growth to do it again.
the older the plants get the more they produce. They are hard to kill,
but do need a year or two to establish themselves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Giusi wrote:
>>
>>> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
>>> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word
>>> for it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it
>>> in her CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

>> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
>> room and grew perennially.

> They will literally grow like weeds without supervision depending on
> where you live.

That's the way I remember it from seeing it as a kid. My friend's
farm had it growing by the fence and you'd just pick off a stalk
when you wanted one. It seemed carefree.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

It was always my joy, as a kid, to be allowed to eat left-over pie
for breakfast because the fillings were so wet. Yum.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
>> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here
>> many times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago.
>> I added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
>> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
>> going to keep well at all.
>>
>> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

> It was always my joy, as a kid, to be allowed to eat left-over pie for
> breakfast because the fillings were so wet. Yum.

IMO, fruit pies are best freshly made but cool and sometimes even better
the next day. I do not like them warm.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in on
Jun Wed 2009 am

> Giusi wrote:
>
>> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
>> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for
>> it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her
>> CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
> room and grew perennially.
>
> nancy

rhubarb is a almost an unkillable type plant...it would be hard not to be able to grow your own.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> IIRC rhubarb takes quite some time to mature before it can be harvested. I
> love rhubarb pie. I need to find me some ;-)

It needs at least a year before it is ready to harvest. If you plant one
in the spring it should be ready to start cutting the next spring, but
if there aren't many stalks you should wait another year.

My brother had rhubarb at his place. He had transplanted it from his
father in law's garden and let it establish itself before harvesting.
Then he had to move the plants and it took another year or two before he
could cut it. Last year they had a swimming pool installed and some
landscaping done. The rhubarb did not survive that move. He is quite
disappointed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
>>> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here
>>> many times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years
>>> ago. I added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But
>>> not enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's
>>> not going to keep well at all.
>>>
>>> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

>> It was always my joy, as a kid, to be allowed to eat left-over pie for
>> breakfast because the fillings were so wet. Yum.
>>

> IMO, fruit pies are best freshly made but cool and sometimes even better
> the next day. I do not like them warm.

If warm, I agree with Bob--vanilla ice cream melting over it.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> Bob Muncie > -
> september.org: in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
>>> room and grew perennially.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> They will literally grow like weeds without supervision depending on
>> where you live.

> How long does it take to mature? Maybe I'm thinking of asparagus. One
> of them takes a couple of years before it can be harvested. Wish I had
> time this morning to research it.
>
> Michael

The rhubarb take two years to harvest, and in year two you are only
supposed to harvest for a couple of weeks, after that you usually have a
10 ~ 12 week harvest period. after year 5 it's recommended that since it
will "crowd" itself out in the number/size of the plantings, that you
pull out a few of the strongest plants, get rid of the rest, and start
over the next season. You can cut the root sections of one plant into
several pieces, and use those to restart.

OTOH, growing up we had a ton of them in one section of the yard, so we
just pulled the plants out as we harvested for the most part. Didn't run
into a five year issue :-)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here many
> times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago. I
> added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
> going to keep well at all.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
> "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
> -Philo of Alexandria

Looks great, but I like a rhubarb custard pie. I just love it but there is
so much sugar I don't make it often.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Rhubarb Custard Pie

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: PIES

-= Ingredients =-
4 cups Chopped rhubarb
1/4 cup Flour
1/2 cup To 2 cups sugar
3 Eggs
2 teaspoons Soft butter

-= Instructions =-
Mix flour to sugar add to rhubarb. Beat the eggs and mix with butter. Add
to rhubarb. Mix and put in pie shell. Bake at 425F for 10 minutes then
reduce heat to 375F and bake for an additional 1 1/2 hours. Use unbaked
pie shell.

Tried this double crust on May 26 using splenda.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie > wrote in
:

> The rhubarb take two years to harvest, and in year two you are
> only supposed to harvest for a couple of weeks, after that you
> usually have a 10 ~ 12 week harvest period. after year 5 it's
> recommended that since it will "crowd" itself out in the
> number/size of the plantings, that you pull out a few of the
> strongest plants, get rid of the rest, and start over the next
> season. You can cut the root sections of one plant into several
> pieces, and use those to restart.

i don't think that's really needed though. i have a 30' row (although
it's getting both longer & wider) that's been there since 1815 when
the house was built... i don't thin it. i have dug & given a few
plants away though.

lee
Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma wrote:
> Bob Muncie > wrote in
> :
>
>> The rhubarb take two years to harvest, and in year two you are
>> only supposed to harvest for a couple of weeks, after that you
>> usually have a 10 ~ 12 week harvest period. after year 5 it's
>> recommended that since it will "crowd" itself out in the
>> number/size of the plantings, that you pull out a few of the
>> strongest plants, get rid of the rest, and start over the next
>> season. You can cut the root sections of one plant into several
>> pieces, and use those to restart.

> i don't think that's really needed though. i have a 30' row (although
> it's getting both longer & wider) that's been there since 1815 when
> the house was built... i don't thin it. i have dug & given a few
> plants away though.
>
> lee

I totally agree, The patch I had growing up didn't need anything, rain
was good enough, and I guess the earth worms were doing their jobs. The
above is the official stance from many agricultural organizations (but
they say to fertilize and stuff also, so you have to take some of the
information they provide with a grain of salt).

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> Puester > wrote:

>> Looks good, B.

> Thanks. Tasty, too. I'm not a real big pie eater but do enjoy a piece
> a couple times a year, maybe. It's too much for the two of us unless
> it's apple and then HWSRN will eat generous portions.

I'm guessing he doesn't choose cheddar cheese on top. ;-)
gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Here are the pics from crust to plate and fork. 8-)
>> Pie Dough from 1994 Cook's Illustrated recipe; I've posted it here
>> many times. Filling from a Pillsbury cookbook received 43 years ago.
>> I added some arrowroot as well as flour for the thickener. But not
>> enough; it's pretty wet. Gotta offload it tonight because it's not
>> going to keep well at all.
>>
>> http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100132

> Looks good. You use the same knife that I do. Glad to see that it has
> not been *******ized with strawberries.

I agree. No strawberries, though I love them, in my rhubarb
pie, please! Now I'm hungry for it. I've got 12 cups of diced
rhubarb in the freezer. Picked it a couple of weeks ago at a
friend's farm. I'm going to make a rhubarb custard cake and
then I'll make a pie. Haven't made a pie in ages.

> I have recently switched from cutting the Crisco by hand to using a hand
> mixer, but being careful not to over work it.

Hmmm. Never heard of doing it with a mixer. I might try it.
I usually use a hand cutter-in-er. But with butter I like to
use a food processer, but I have having to clean it. A mixer,
if it would work for butter would be a lot easier to clean.
The hand cutter-in-er is fast and easy to use for shortening so
I don't see a reason to use a mixer for that.

> I love rhubarb pie but my wife is not a fan. However, she has been
> enjoying the rhubarb custard pies that I have been making this year.
> There is hope for her yet. I mean to make a rhubarb convert of her. It
> is my number one favourite pie.

I like rhubarb custard pies but I'm much rather have the plain
rhubarb pie!

Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 09 Jun 2009 08:31:14p, told us...
>
>> On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 21:49:03 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>>> No fresh whipped cream. It doesn't appeal to me--I think of whipped
>>> cream on a cream pie (e.g., chocolate, banana, coconut) or on a fruit
>>> pie that does not include a top crust. But if you like it, that's just
>>> fine.

>> Actually I like thick cream on rhubard crisp, nothing better
>>

> I would like thick "pouring cream", unsweetened with either the crisp or
> the pie. For the pie, pour a pool of cream around the slice.

That sounds really good.

A few years ago all I had in the freezer was chocolate ice
cream
and that worked surprisingly well with rhubarb pie. Right now,
due to the previously mentioned freezer melt-down, we have no
ice cream, and that worked OK also.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in on
> Jun Wed 2009 am
>
>> Giusi wrote:
>>
>>> I am very envious. I saw rhubarb for sale once here when I still
>>> didn't have a kitchen, then never again. I even learned the word for
>>> it and asked, but I have never seen it. My kid is getting it in her
>>> CSA box, but I have not had any in 10 years!

>> Can you grow your own? As I recall, it didn't take up too much
>> room and grew perennially.
>>
>> nancy

> rhubarb is a almost an unkillable type plant...it would be hard not to be able to grow your own.

I have managed to do just that!

Kate Blackthumb