Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default my weird cutting board

On May 14, 3:49*pm, Tracy > wrote:
> So, I moved recently - upstairs. The kitchen has this built in cutting
> board which is driving me crazy.
>
> http://i44.tinypic.com/1zr2jdi.jpg
>
> I wish I could remove it. Any ideas? I think it is just attached and not
> part of the counter. The counter is Formica. I don't want to ruin my
> counter though. We won't be renovating the kitchen for a few years since
> we are just buying the house (closing next week).
>
> If anything I need to clean it somehow. Should I sand it?
>
> What is driving me most crazy is the fact that spot is where I keep my
> dish drainer and now I have to put it on the other side of the sink! The
> horrors. I know.
>
> Tracy

I guess you cud prop up the drainboard on a folded towel or another
small board for the time being in the space between the permanent
board. (I can't imagine why anyone wud want a permanent cutting board
- I like to bleach and get all of mine out in the sun every few days)
When the drainboard's put away, I guess you'll have to live with it.
Sand the bad spots and make it look as decent as possible.

I guess you have a single sink there, huh? When you remodel, I
suggest a double sink.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On May 14, 3:49 pm, Tracy > wrote:
>> So, I moved recently - upstairs. The kitchen has this built in cutting
>> board which is driving me crazy.

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zr2jdi.jpg

>> I wish I could remove it. Any ideas? I think it is just attached and not
>> part of the counter. The counter is Formica. I don't want to ruin my
>> counter though. We won't be renovating the kitchen for a few years since
>> we are just buying the house (closing next week).
>>
>> If anything I need to clean it somehow. Should I sand it?
>>
>> What is driving me most crazy is the fact that spot is where I keep my
>> dish drainer and now I have to put it on the other side of the sink! The
>> horrors. I know.
>>
>> Tracy

> I guess you cud prop up the drainboard on a folded towel or another
> small board for the time being in the space between the permanent
> board. (I can't imagine why anyone wud want a permanent cutting board
> - I like to bleach and get all of mine out in the sun every few days)
> When the drainboard's put away, I guess you'll have to live with it.
> Sand the bad spots and make it look as decent as possible.
>
> I guess you have a single sink there, huh? When you remodel, I
> suggest a double sink.

I am going to live with the drainer on the "wrong" side.....
I will probably try to sand it this weekend.

When we remodel, I doubt I will get a double sink - I don't like them.
Big things don't fit in them. ;-)

Tracy