Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lemon-Tarragon Chicken

> wrote in message
>I try new recipes at the time you first try in doubt, eat at the time
> waw very delicious, and easy cooking recipes. that the world is still
> there
> delicious food like this and I certainly still hunt food yummy
> delicious
>
> material :
>
> 2 tbsp. margarine
> 8 med. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb.)
> 2 c. fresh mushrooms, halved
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 3 tbsp. dry sherry
> 1/2 tsp. tarragon, crushed
> 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
> 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
> 1/4 c. sour cream
> Hot cooked spinach or egg noodles
> Quartered fresh lemon slices (optional)
> 1/3 c. flour
>
> cooking :
>
> 1. In 12-inch skillet, melt margarine over medium high heat.
> 2. Add chicken, mushrooms, garlic, sherry, tarragon, and lemon pepper
> seasoning.
> 3. Cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer
> pink, turning once.
> 4. Remove chicken and mushrooms with a slotted spoon.
> 5. In a screw top jar, combine chicken broth and flour; shake until
> blended.
> 6. Add mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium high heat
> until thickened and bubbly.
> 7. Remove about 1/2 cup of mixture from skillet and stir into sour
> cream.
> 8. Return to skillet along with chicken and mushrooms.
> 9. Heat through; do not boil. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Garnish
> with lemon slices,
> if desired. Serves 8.

Chicken marries beautifully with tarragon. Sometimes we do breast of
chicken with a béarnaise sauce, made easily in the blender.
a.. 1 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
b.. 1 tablespoons dry white wine
c.. 2 tablespoons very finely chopped shallots
d.. 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, more if desired
e.. 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon leaves
f.. 2 small or 1 1/2 large egg yolks
g.. 1 1/2 teaspoons water
h.. 1 stick very soft unsalted butter
i.. coarse salt
j.. pepper, if desired
k.. lemon juice, if desired
1.. Combine vinegar, wine, shallots, black pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons
tarragon in a small saucepan.
2.. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, 5 to 10 minutes.
3.. Add egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of water to reduced vinegar mixture.
4.. blenderize for 15 seconds
5.. heat the butter in a sauce pan
6.. add egg yolk vinegar mixture to the blender and very slowly dribble in
the melted hot butter to create the béarnaise sauce
Ed,