Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Your very best muffins?

I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your
favorite tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
share with the strikers.

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your favorite
> tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
> early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
> share with the strikers.
>
> Serene
> --
> 42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
> http://42magazine.com

I use the muffin recipe out of the Betty Crocker cookbook and increase the
sugar to 1/2 cup and add two cups of thawed blueberries.

There's a whole list of variations in the cookbook.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your
> favorite tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
> early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
> share with the strikers.

Double Ginger Muffins

50g/2oz/quarter cup butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1 Tablespoon golden syrup (If you cant get this, substitute light or
dark Karo syrup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup non-fat milk
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
2 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger (for "nice and mild" - if you like things
little hotter use 2 teaspoons)
1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. *Put the butter, applesauce, syrup and
sugar in a microwave-safe mixing bowl and cook at medium heat until the
butter is almost melted. *Stir to melt the butter fully and combine the
ingredients. *Add the milk and mix well. *Add the whole egg and egg
whites and mix well. *In a separate bowl, sift together the flour,
baking powder and ground ginger. *Mix in the chopped crystallized
ginger. *Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the liquid mixture
and stir gently until the four is just dampened. *Divide mixture evenly
between 12 greased or sprayed muffin pans and bake for 15 minutes or so,
until nicely golden brown and the centres spring back when pressed
lightly.

(You can also make this "fully leaded" by omitting the apple sauce and
doubling the butter, and using two whole eggs instead of one whole egg
and the egg whites.)

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>In article >,
> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
>> I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your
>> favorite tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
>> early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
>> share with the strikers.

This is an old recipe from Ina Garten. The interesting thing about
this recipe is that the sugar is added at the end, which makes a
streusel type topping without the fuss. I have made this exactly as
written and substituted the berry and fruits as I have had available.
@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tri- Berry Muffins

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 lb (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries; sliced in half
1/2 cup fresh strawberries; diced
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tins inside and top for easy
removal. Line muffin tins with paper liners.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in
a large bowl. Stir with your hand (or a whisk) to be sure the
ingredients are combined. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs and
melted butter.

Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, pour the wet mixture
into the well, and stir until just combined. There will be some lumps
but don’t overmix the batter. Add the blueberries, raspberries,
strawberries and sugar and stir gently to combine.

Using a large spoon or scoop, spoon batter into the muffin cups to
fill the liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester comes
out clean and the tops are nicely browned.

Notes: Adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home

Yield: 16 servings

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your favorite
> tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
> early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
> share with the strikers.
>
> Serene
> --
> 42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
> http://42magazine.com
>
> "But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and all
> other human conflict will not survive an online argument with humourless
> feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an example, your
> theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory

Just shared and makes a lot.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

My Six Week Muffins

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 60
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
425 grams Raisin bran ; 15 oz
5 cups Flour
3 cups Sugar
5 teaspoons Baking soda
2 teaspoons Salt
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
5 cups Sour milk
4 Eggs
1 cup Oil

-= Instructions =-
Measure dry ingredients into a very large bowl that can be covered. Add
liquid ingredients. Will keep for 6 weeks, if it lasts that long. Fill
muffin cups 1/2 full and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: The dry
mixture may be stored and mixed as needed. Mix at a ratio of 3 cups mix to
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk, 1/4 cup oil, and 1 egg. Reconstituted
buttermilk powder may be used to replace milk. Exported from Home Cookin
4.7 (http://www.mountain-software.com)

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 May 2009 09:14:58 -0400, "mom peagram" >
wrote:

>"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
>> I'll search google groups, too, but anyone feel like sharing your favorite
>> tried-and-true muffin recipe? I'm going to be helping out on an
>> early-morning picket line on Wednesday, and I want to take muffins to
>> share with the strikers.
>>
>> Serene
>> --
>> 42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
>> http://42magazine.com
>>
>> "But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and all
>> other human conflict will not survive an online argument with humourless
>> feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an example, your
>> theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory

>Just shared and makes a lot.
>
> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> My Six Week Muffins
>
>Recipe By:
>Serving Size: 60
>Cuisine:
>Main Ingredient:
>Categories: Family
>
>-= Ingredients =-
>425 grams Raisin bran ; 15 oz
>5 cups Flour
>3 cups Sugar
>5 teaspoons Baking soda
>2 teaspoons Salt
>2 teaspoons Cinnamon
>5 cups Sour milk
>4 Eggs
>1 cup Oil
>
>-= Instructions =-
>Measure dry ingredients into a very large bowl that can be covered. Add
>liquid ingredients. Will keep for 6 weeks, if it lasts that long. Fill
>muffin cups 1/2 full and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: The dry
>mixture may be stored and mixed as needed. Mix at a ratio of 3 cups mix to
>1 cup buttermilk or sour milk, 1/4 cup oil, and 1 egg. Reconstituted
>buttermilk powder may be used to replace milk. Exported from Home Cookin
>4.7 (http://www.mountain-software.com)
>

>** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
>** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Here's mine, hope you enjoy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Wheat Germ Orange Cranberry Muffins

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : baking muffins ours

1 cup toasted wheat germ ( if possible)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup plain yogurt
5 tablespoons baking powder
2/3 cup grated carrot
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup chopped cranberries
1 large egg
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup dark brown sugar

Preheat oven to 425 'F

In a bowl mix all dry ingredients

In a seperate bowl mix all wet ingredients, then add all dry
ingredients and mix together.. You can add the zest from a orange if
you want more flavor.

Divide mixture into a 12 muffin lined baking sheet... bake 14 - 17
mins. Cool on wire rack

- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 118 Calories; 4g Fat (31.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
21mg Cholesterol; 721mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.