Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nova Salmon snack

The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
the time and energy for, lucky me.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

koko wrote:

> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>
> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 04/26

WOW, Koko! I think you've missed your true calling as a food
photographer for magazines & commercials, etc. What a truly stunning
photo!

Sky, who's really impressed (again!)

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

IIRC, I have seen the Nova branded salmon also here in Italy, and it was
between the expensive ones such as the Norvik "prime".
I love salmon over buttered soft-white-bread with just a hint of white
ground pepper.
And when the salmon is deliciously fat, as at the stalls on the bridges of
Amsterdam, I often skip the butter.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ViLco said...

> koko wrote:
>
>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

> IIRC, I have seen the Nova branded salmon also here in Italy, and it was
> between the expensive ones such as the Norvik "prime".
> I love salmon over buttered soft-white-bread with just a hint of white
> ground pepper.
> And when the salmon is deliciously fat, as at the stalls on the bridges

of
> Amsterdam, I often skip the butter.

I've had the Nova smoked salmon. It's pretty salty iirc. It would be good
with a mild cheese on a non-salt crispbread, for my taste anyway.

I enjoy poached salmon much more, although from a recent food TV program,
steamed salmon seems the more nutritious way to go, either way it goes
better served over rice, imho.
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> ViLco said...
>
> > koko wrote:
> >
> >> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> >> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> >> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> >> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

> > IIRC, I have seen the Nova branded salmon also here in Italy, and it was
> > between the expensive ones such as the Norvik "prime".
> > I love salmon over buttered soft-white-bread with just a hint of white
> > ground pepper.
> > And when the salmon is deliciously fat, as at the stalls on the bridges

> of
> > Amsterdam, I often skip the butter.

> I've had the Nova smoked salmon. It's pretty salty iirc. It would be good
> with a mild cheese on a non-salt crispbread, for my taste anyway.
>
> I enjoy poached salmon much more, although from a recent food TV program,
> steamed salmon seems the more nutritious way to go, either way it goes
> better served over rice, imho.

Regular smoked salmon is salty. Nova is less salty, as its cured
differently than the regular stuff. In fact, my dinner last night was a
slice of Nova lox and some low fat cream cheese on a dark bagel from
Wegmans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" wrote:

> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

Saltines?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 29, 11:43*pm, Sky > wrote:
> koko wrote:
>
> > The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> > just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> > the time and energy for, lucky me.
> >http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

> > koko
> > --

> > There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shaw
> >www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> > updated 04/26

> WOW, Koko! *I think you've missed your true calling as a food
> photographer for magazines & commercials, etc. *What a truly stunning
> photo!

I would agree, and it would look quite yummy if it weren't on a
saltine. I guess, "any port in a storm," but Nova lox deserves
better. My first girlfriend turned me on to it. It was spread on NY
water bagels.

> Sky, who's really impressed (again!)

--Bryan listen @ http://www.MySpace.com/TheBonobos

"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
--Steve Wertz in rec.food.cooking 4-20-2009

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote

> Regular smoked salmon is salty. Nova is less salty, as its cured
> differently than the regular stuff.

"Regular" smoked salmon is not lox, it's well, smoked salmon, the kind one
finds in the PNW (what's meant by "regular" I've no idea - as averse to
irregular?). The saltier lox (to differentiate it from Nova) is sometimes
refered to as belly lox (or just Lox). Lox is never refered to as smoked
salmon. Smoked salmon is hot smoked, it's actually cooked. Lox is
sometimes smoked but it's cold smoked, very lightly just for a hint of
flavor, not to preserve, usually with alder. Smoked salmon and lox are very
different products.. lox is cured with salt, smoked salmon is not cured with
salt. Nova is simply Nova Scotia [style] lox. Scotch Salmon is again a
different style of lox (drier). Gravlox is again different (more at corned
salmon - cured with salt and sugar). Smoked salmon is much more perishable
than lox. That pre-sliced lurid orange paste sold in plastic packets they
try to pass off as lox is not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

| "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
| >
| > Regular smoked salmon is salty. Nova is less salty, as its cured
| > differently than the regular stuff.
|
| "Regular" smoked salmon is not lox, it's well, smoked salmon, the kind one
| finds in the PNW (what's meant by "regular" I've no idea - as averse to
| irregular?). The saltier lox (to differentiate it from Nova) is sometimes
| refered to as belly lox (or just Lox). Lox is never refered to as smoked
| salmon.

Sigh. Once again the rest of the world is wrong, apparently:

"Cold smoked salmon is sometimes known in Canada and the United
States as lox, particularly on the East Coast, the word being
borrowed from German (lachs, German for salmon) or Yiddish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_salmon
Smoked salmon comes in two distinct varieties: Hot smoked, or kippered, and cold smoked, or Nova
lox. The main difference is the brining process and the temperature during the smoking process. Hot
smoked salmon is fully cooked to 145 degrees where as cold smoked salmon is smoked at 80 degrees and
is actually cured but still raw and so should be frozen for parasite control.

http://www.kasilofseafoods.com/Smoking.htm

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400:

> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message

|> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
| >>
| >> Regular smoked salmon is salty. Nova is less salty, as its
| >> cured differently than the regular stuff.

> "Cold smoked salmon is sometimes known in Canada and the
> United States as lox, particularly on the East Coast, the word
> being borrowed from German (lachs, German for salmon) or
> Yiddish." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_salmon
> Smoked salmon comes in two distinct varieties: Hot smoked, or
> kippered,
> and cold smoked, or Nova lox. The main difference is the
> brining process and the temperature during the smoking
> process. Hot smoked salmon is fully cooked to 145 degrees
> where as cold smoked salmon is smoked at 80 degrees and is
> actually cured but still raw and so should be frozen for
> parasite control.

I'm not sure that I believe all the conflicting accounts of methods but
I'm not exceptionally fond of Lox, Nova Lox or not. I do appreciate
Scottish smoked salmon which tastes smokier to me than Lox. Irish and
Norwegian are good too even if the fish has also usually been farmed. I
like alder-smoked salmon from the Pacific Northwest and I don't think it
is particularly sweet but the texture seems more cooked than does
Scottish. Of course, it's a different salmon species too.

All smoked salmon should be refrigerated, very necessary after a sealed
package has been opened and opened salmon should be eaten within a day
or two, in my firm opinion. I have never frozen smoked salmon and I
don't want to try.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
| pavane wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400:
|

| > "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
||>
||> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote

| > "Cold smoked salmon is sometimes known in Canada and the
| > United States as lox, particularly on the East Coast, the word
| > being borrowed from German (lachs, German for salmon) or
| > Yiddish." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_salmon
| > Smoked salmon comes in two distinct varieties: Hot smoked, or
| > kippered,
| > and cold smoked, or Nova lox. The main difference is the
| > brining process and the temperature during the smoking
| > process. Hot smoked salmon is fully cooked to 145 degrees
| > where as cold smoked salmon is smoked at 80 degrees and is
| > actually cured but still raw and so should be frozen for
| > parasite control.
|
| I'm not sure that I believe all the conflicting accounts of methods but
| I'm not exceptionally fond of Lox, Nova Lox or not. I do appreciate
| Scottish smoked salmon which tastes smokier to me than Lox. Irish and
| Norwegian are good too even if the fish has also usually been farmed. I
| like alder-smoked salmon from the Pacific Northwest and I don't think it
| is particularly sweet but the texture seems more cooked than does
| Scottish. Of course, it's a different salmon species too.
|
| All smoked salmon should be refrigerated, very necessary after a sealed
| package has been opened and opened salmon should be eaten within a day
| or two, in my firm opinion. I have never frozen smoked salmon and I
| don't want to try.

Typically the Lox/Nova style are eaten with cream cheese, onion and
capers on a bagel, which allow the sharper saltier flavor of the Lox
cure to be calmed by the added condiments.

Well, I do like the Lox, but the Scottish smoked salmon is a world apart
in taste and quality. I have never had a good Irish smoked salmon (is
the Scottish smoked with peat and the Irish without peat?) and look
forward to it some day.

The alder-smoked is hot-smoked; the page I referenced above has a
decent description of the hot-smoking process. It has a totally different
flavor and texture from the cold smoke process.
http://www.kasilofseafoods.com/Smoking.htm

Your caution on the refrigeration is well taken. I recently got a present
of three smoked salmons from Williams-Sonoma and they included rather
strict cautions to refrigerate immediately (they were packed in ice), and
to use within two weeks, and to consume within two days of opening
each package.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
| On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400, "pavane"
| > wrote:
|

| >"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
| >|
| >| "Stan Horwitz" > wrote

| >|
| >| "Regular" smoked salmon is not lox, it's well, smoked salmon, the kind one
| >| finds in the PNW (what's meant by "regular" I've no idea - as averse to
| >| irregular?). The saltier lox (to differentiate it from Nova) is sometimes
| >| refered to as belly lox (or just Lox). Lox is never refered to as smoked
| >| salmon.
| >
| >Sigh. Once again the rest of the world is wrong, apparently:
|
| Ya know folks, I suspect Koko didn't care one whit. She was
| hungry..and it hit the spot. She had saltines..she used them. She
| took a great photo, and shared the fact that she was hungry and this
| is what she ate.
|
| LOL.

Of course she didn't. And it really is a great photo, isn't it.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>
> koko

Damn woman,

You gotta stop this-

Every time I look at your photos I start salivating - then I want to go to
the fridge and start eating.

YOU RAT!

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 said...

> That pre-sliced lurid orange paste sold in plastic packets they
> try to pass off as lox is not.

Brooklyn1,

Gimme kipper snacks instead. Kept me alive for months on saltine crackers.

Nova-style salmon wasn't the choice to carry into the outback.

As proof... I LIVED!!! ))

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>
> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 04/26

Saw this on a.f.b. earlier. :-)

Fantabulouse photo. Did you use the light box again?
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:43:09 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>koko wrote:
>>
>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>>
>> koko
>> --
>>
>> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
>> George Bernard Shaw
>> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 04/26

>WOW, Koko! I think you've missed your true calling as a food
>photographer for magazines & commercials, etc. What a truly stunning
>photo!
>
>Sky, who's really impressed (again!)

Thank you Sky, I appreciate your nice comments, they encourage me even
more.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:38:14 GMT, "ViLco" > wrote:

>koko wrote:
>
>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

>IIRC, I have seen the Nova branded salmon also here in Italy, and it was
>between the expensive ones such as the Norvik "prime".
>I love salmon over buttered soft-white-bread with just a hint of white
>ground pepper.

That sounds like a wonderful way to have it. I'll try that next.

>And when the salmon is deliciously fat, as at the stalls on the bridges of
>Amsterdam, I often skip the butter.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:35:35 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>>
>> koko

> Damn woman,
>
>You gotta stop this-
>
>Every time I look at your photos I start salivating - then I want to go to
>the fridge and start eating.
>
>YOU RAT!
>
>:-)
>
>Dimitri

LOL thank you Dimitri. Now you know how I feel when I read your
descriptions of what you are eating.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:01:42 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>>
>> koko
>> --
>>
>> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
>> George Bernard Shaw
>> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>> updated 04/26

>Saw this on a.f.b. earlier. :-)
>
>Fantabulouse photo. Did you use the light box again?

Thanks Om. No, I just plated it and used my macro lense. I'm still
learning it and my camera settings.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:27:39 -0700, koko > wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:43:09 -0500, Sky >
>wrote:
>
>>koko wrote:
>>>
>>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg
>>>
>>> koko
>>> --
>>>
>>> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
>>> George Bernard Shaw
>>> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>>> updated 04/26

>>WOW, Koko! I think you've missed your true calling as a food
>>photographer for magazines & commercials, etc. What a truly stunning
>>photo!
>>
>>Sky, who's really impressed (again!)

>Thank you Sky, I appreciate your nice comments, they encourage me even
>more.
>
>koko

Your pictures are quite lovely. I always enjoy them.

Perhaps I have missed it, but what camera are you using?

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:14:56 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:27:39 -0700, koko > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:43:09 -0500, Sky >
>>wrote:

>>>WOW, Koko! I think you've missed your true calling as a food
>>>photographer for magazines & commercials, etc. What a truly stunning
>>>photo!
>>>
>>>Sky, who's really impressed (again!)

>>Thank you Sky, I appreciate your nice comments, they encourage me even
>>more.
>>
>>koko

>Your pictures are quite lovely. I always enjoy them.

Thank you very much.

>Perhaps I have missed it, but what camera are you using?
>
>Boron

I have a Nikon D90.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 30, 7:08*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> [snips]
> *All smoked salmon should be refrigerated, very necessary after a sealed
> package has been opened and opened salmon should be eaten within a day
> or two, in my firm opinion. I have never frozen smoked salmon and I
> don't want to try.

Friends and I brought back way more smoked salmon from a trip to
Alaska than we could eat or give away quickly. Packed in quart-size
ziploc bags, a lot of it was frozen. Slowly thawed weeks and months
later, it was fine.

Decades ago I would get packages of smoked salmon when I was away in
college. Occasionally there would be spots of mold on it when it
arrived. I'd cut that piece away and eat the rest. No problem.
(this was hot alder smoked, not lox or nova) -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:41:55 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400, "pavane"
> > wrote:
>

>>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>>|
>>| "Stan Horwitz" > wrote

>>| "Regular" smoked salmon is not lox, it's well, smoked salmon, the kind one
>>| finds in the PNW (what's meant by "regular" I've no idea - as averse to
>>| irregular?). The saltier lox (to differentiate it from Nova) is sometimes
>>| refered to as belly lox (or just Lox). Lox is never refered to as smoked
>>| salmon.
>>
>>Sigh. Once again the rest of the world is wrong, apparently:

> Ya know folks, I suspect Koko didn't care one whit. She was
> hungry..and it hit the spot. She had saltines..she used them. She
> took a great photo, and shared the fact that she was hungry and this
> is what she ate.

it was a nice photo, regardless of how you feel about saltines.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:32:23 -0500, Andy wrote:

> brooklyn1 said...
>
>> That pre-sliced lurid orange paste sold in plastic packets they
>> try to pass off as lox is not.

> Brooklyn1,
>
> Gimme kipper snacks instead. Kept me alive for months on saltine crackers.
>
> Nova-style salmon wasn't the choice to carry into the outback.
>
> As proof... I LIVED!!! ))
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

remind me to send an outraged letter to the kippered snack people.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 01 May 2009 18:03:29 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:41:55 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400, "pavane"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Sigh. Once again the rest of the world is wrong, apparently:

>> Ya know folks, I suspect Koko didn't care one whit. She was
>> hungry..and it hit the spot. She had saltines..she used them. She
>> took a great photo, and shared the fact that she was hungry and this
>> is what she ate.
>>

>it was a nice photo, regardless of how you feel about saltines.
>
>your pal,
>blake

Thanks Christine and blake, I appreciate you compliments on the photo.
The saltine in question is an organic rosemary sesame saltine. I
hesitated at first but it was all I had and it turned out the saltine
worked just fine. The rosemary was very mild, a little to mild for my
taste, but that turned out to be a good thing in this case.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 04/26

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 01 May 2009 18:03:29 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:41:55 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:43:10 -0400, "pavane"

. ..

>>> Ya know folks, I suspect Koko didn't care one whit. She was
>>> hungry..and it hit the spot. She had saltines..she used them. She
>>> took a great photo, and shared the fact that she was hungry and this
>>> is what she ate.
>>>

>>it was a nice photo, regardless of how you feel about saltines.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

> Thanks Christine and blake, I appreciate you compliments on the photo.
> The saltine in question is an organic rosemary sesame saltine. I
> hesitated at first but it was all I had and it turned out the saltine
> worked just fine. The rosemary was very mild, a little to mild for my
> taste, but that turned out to be a good thing in this case.

Rosemary with fish is TIAD... with lox (and fresh dillweed no less...
rosemary with dillweed is as TIAD as pancakes with maple and garlic) it's
TIAD kicked up to notches previously unheard of. It's truly a shame to
*waste* $20+/lb nova by serving it on fercocktah sody crackers. In fact
it's a total waste of a $1,000+ camera. This culinary debacle is a perfect
example of someone with more dollars than brain cells.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

| "koko" > wrote in message
| > On Fri, 01 May 2009 18:03:29 GMT, blake murphy
| > > wrote:

| . ..
| >>>>|

| >>>>|

| >>it was a nice photo, regardless of how you feel about saltines.
| >>
| >>your pal,
| >>blake
| >
| > Thanks Christine and blake, I appreciate you compliments on the photo.
| > The saltine in question is an organic rosemary sesame saltine. I
| > hesitated at first but it was all I had and it turned out the saltine
| > worked just fine. The rosemary was very mild, a little to mild for my
| > taste, but that turned out to be a good thing in this case.
| >

| Rosemary with fish is TIAD... with lox (and fresh dillweed no less...
| rosemary with dillweed is as TIAD as pancakes with maple and garlic) it's
| TIAD kicked up to notches previously unheard of. It's truly a shame to
| *waste* $20+/lb nova by serving it on fercocktah sody crackers. In fact
| it's a total waste of a $1,000+ camera. This culinary debacle is a perfect
| example of someone with more dollars than brain cells.

Aw, poor widdle ting. Anything it doesn't like is wrong, poor baby,
and pipples keep taking pictures of it and being bad, like making
poor widdle ting look at the pictures. Poor baby. But it called it
"lox," which means it wearned someting. Poor Shelly baby. Go to
the toilet and unlearn it now. Poor willde Shelly baby.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> example of someone with more dollars than brain cells.

Just like you buying a $6000 fountain pen to do crossword puzzles?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"nospam" > wrote:
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> example of someone with more dollars than brain cells.

> Just like you buying a $6000 fountain pen to do crossword puzzles?

You're an example of one with NO dollars and NO brain cells.

Fountain pens are not just writing instruments, they're an excellent
investment.
One can pay $1,800 for a pen and five years later it can easily be sold for
$6,000...
and the profit won't have to be declared to the IRS. And one needn't dabble
so pricey,
the Walt Disney pens (Micky, Donald, Scrooge) sold new for $18 and two years
later
sold for $150 and up. I can give many more examples but I'd be wasting my
time on one
who has neither the dollars or the brain cells... you'll always be poor and
dumb is forever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 02 May 2009 00:58:00 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> This culinary debacle is a perfect
> example of someone with more dollars than brain cells.

with twenty-five cents in your pocket, that would be you.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
> the time and energy for, lucky me.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

Ohmigod, koko, I may have a foodgasm from that picture. If I ever
publish a cookbook, I want you to do the photos.

And now I'm dying for lox and cream cheese on a bagel, with thinly
sliced tomato and red onion. Mmmmmmm.

(Actually eating potato patties with roasted garlic and aged cheddar,
along with a surprisingly good watermelon.)

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 03 May 2009 12:40:18 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>> The snack ended up being my dinner. Some days, jobs, dogs and duties
>> just take over. By the time I got around to eating this was all I had
>> the time and energy for, lucky me.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ecgirk.jpg

>Ohmigod, koko, I may have a foodgasm from that picture. If I ever
>publish a cookbook, I want you to do the photos.

As good as you are you don't need my help, but thank you for the
compliment. We could collaborate ;-)

>And now I'm dying for lox and cream cheese on a bagel, with thinly
>sliced tomato and red onion. Mmmmmmm.

ditto that.

>(Actually eating potato patties with roasted garlic and aged cheddar,
>along with a surprisingly good watermelon.)
>
>Serene

Love potato patties. They go so well with just about anything.

koko