Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PBS TV Chef: Hubert Keller

PBS TV Chef: Hubert Keller?

Anybody else watch his show?

I've been watching recently. He's a classical French chef by training. He
does add a newness to a variety of other cuisines as well.

He's an interesting man. His cooking skills are certainly enviable. His
"language gap" and French accent both add a charm to his knowledge and
ability. Not to mention his recipes sound and look delicious!

His website (www.hubertkeller.com) is pretty good and he offers the recipes
from the first two seasons of the show, in html or pdf format. Shame
pictures aren't included.

I just watched show #112 and one of the soups was "Shrimp and Coconut Milk
Soup with Ginger & Lemongrass." He mentioned he made it for the Queen of
Thailand who enjoyed it immensely. He declared it the finest moment in his
career.

I'd imagine when you cook for royalty, you have certainly arrived!!!

The only problem with the show is... he makes it look easy!

Check local listings.

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:54:48 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>PBS TV Chef: Hubert Keller?
>
>Anybody else watch his show?

I enjoy his show too, but like Lidia - I miss it more than I see it.
I still haven't gotten it through my thick skull I can set my cable
box to record what I want to see. :\

Can you cut through his thick accent? I find him *very* hard to
understand.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:35:43 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>I missed you while you were gone!!! LOLOLOL!!!
>
>Andy

I didn't.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:54:48 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>PBS TV Chef: Hubert Keller?
>>
>>Anybody else watch his show?
>>

> I enjoy his show too, but like Lidia - I miss it more than I see it.
> I still haven't gotten it through my thick skull I can set my cable
> box to record what I want to see. :\

sf,

Maybe you'll make that a 2010 New Years resolution? I've heard it can take
months to master! <VBG>

> Can you cut through his thick accent? I find him *very* hard to
> understand.

That's part of the "language lag" I mentioned. He's mindful of the fact
which sometimes makes him "double-think" his words, if that makes sense.
I'm able to follow him very well.

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:59:49 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:35:43 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>I missed you while you were gone!!! LOLOLOL!!!
>>
>>Andy

> I didn't.

sorta like a toothache.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 14, 2:35*pm, Andy > wrote:

> I missed you while you were gone!!! LOLOLOL!!!

Now see, there's a man that can take a joke. I thank you for your
refreshing reaction.

Thomas Keller's Blowtorch Prime Rib Curt Nelson[_3_] General Cooking 48 04-01-2010 07:20 PM
TN: Keller and Drouhin DaleW Wine 2 04-03-2009 06:50 AM
Keller Bentonites Lee[_11_] Winemaking 1 14-05-2008 03:34 AM
Opinions of Hubert Keller/Secrets of a Chef? kenkozak General Cooking 1 29-07-2007 08:09 PM
St. Hubert's Poutine Sauce -- standard at all Quebec restaurants? xxxxxxxx General Cooking 0 05-06-2006 06:48 AM