Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oat date nut bread machine bread - 1 1/2 lb loaf

* Exported from MasterCook *

Oat Nut Date Bread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Fleischmann's Yeast Sweet Breads and Coffee
Cakes

2 1/2 cups bread flour (2 1/2 to 3 cups)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons instant dry milk powder
1 package Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 egg
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped dates or pitted dates -- snipped
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 egg white -- lightly beaten

In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, milk powder, undissolved
yeast, salt and cinnamon. Heat water and butter until very warm, 120º to
130ºF. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in egg, oats, dates, walnuts and
enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured
surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest
on floured surface 10 minutes.

Form dough into 5-inch ball. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover; let
rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Brush with egg white. Bake at 375ºF for 35 to 40 minutes or until done;
cover with foil after 25 minutes to prevent excess browning. Remove from
sheet; cool on wire rack.

Source:
"Fleischmann's Yeast"
S(Internet address):
"http://www.breadworld.com/index.html"
Yield:
"1 loaf"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 144 Calories; 3g Fat (21.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 15mg
Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 2339 0 3756 26366 0 0 0 0 0 4776 2662 20187 0
Copyright Fleishman Yeast (no longer on their web site so couldn't send
link)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:44:10 -0500, George Shirley
> > wrote:
>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Oat Nut Date Bread

>> In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, milk powder, undissolved
>> yeast, salt and cinnamon. Heat water and butter until very warm, 120º to
>> 130ºF. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in egg, oats, dates, walnuts and
>> enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured
>> surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest
>> on floured surface 10 minutes.

> - - - - -
>
> To make this in a bread machine, do you just add everything at once
> and turn the machine on? What cycle do you use?
>
> Christine

Depends upon the bread machine, mine says to add liquids first and then
the dry ingredients. Plus there is a stage in the second kneading where
an alarm rings and then you add the dates and nuts. Oatmeal goes in with
flour. I used the Basic cycle, works well with this recipe.

Okay, I see what happened, the recipe is stored in two places in MC and
I picked up the one that is done by hand. Will go back and get the bread
machine recipe and post it instead. Thanks Christine, didn't realize I
had goofed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

This is the correct recipe for bread machines.
* Exported from MasterCook *

Oat Date Nut Bread (1 1/2-Pound Recipe)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads/ Muffins Fleischmann's Yeast
Snacks

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons instant dry milk powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon -- optional
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup pitted dates or chopped dates -- snipped
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Machine Yeast

Select loaf size recommended by the manufacturer of your machine.

Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order that the
bread machine manufacturer suggests. Select lightest crust setting.

Process in basic, delay or rapid bake cycle. Remove baked bread from pan
and cool on wire rack.

Source:
"Fleischmann's Yeast"
S(Internet address):
"http://www.breadworld.com/index.html"
Yield:
"1 Loaf"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 154 Calories; 3g Fat (18.4%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg
Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Enjoy this moist, sweet bread with honey, cream cheese
or by itself.

NOTES : Do not make loaves larger than recommended by bread machine
manufacturer. Use the 1-pound recipe if your bread machine pan holds 10
cups or less of water.

Nutr. Assoc. : 1582 0 3756 0 0 0 0 4776 20027 20187 2019