Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scavenging, LONG! (received by e-mail)

Omelet wrote:
> Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) I'm not personally into

Did you notice this part?

> 2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
> View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

(That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
lonnnng Usenet post?)

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>> Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) I'm not personally into

>> Did you notice this part?
>>
>>> 2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
>>> View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

>> (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
>> without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
>> lonnnng Usenet post?)
>>
>> Serene

> I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...
>
> <shrugs>
>
> Why do you hon'?

Because I and many of my friends make our livings selling our words, and
it's not fair to us to take something that belongs to us and ignore our
clear request that you not distribute it.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...
> Omelet wrote:
> > Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) I'm not personally into

> Did you notice this part?
>
> > 2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
> > View this story online at:
http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

> (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> lonnnng Usenet post?)
>
> Serene

It was scavenged and re-used, so fits in with the ethos of the
manafesto.
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy > wrote:

>Because I and many of my friends make our livings selling our words, and
>it's not fair to us to take something that belongs to us and ignore our
>clear request that you not distribute it.

I agree.

So out of curiosity:

How do you feel about Google and Youtube making billions of
dollars from wholesale copying and redistributing of copyrighted
works, and just sending teams of lawyers after whoever dares complain?
Is this unfair, or is it fair game under some sort of paradigm,
and if so, what is that paradigm?

(Serious question.)

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) I'm not personally into

> Did you notice this part?
>
> > 2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
> > View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

> (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> lonnnng Usenet post?)
>
> Serene

I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...

<shrugs>

Why do you hon'?
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
> > Omelet wrote:
> > > Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) I'm not personally into

> > Did you notice this part?
> >
> > > 2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
> > > View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

> > (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> > without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> > lonnnng Usenet post?)
> >
> > Serene

> I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...
>
> <shrugs>
>
> Why do you hon'?

I would suggest reading her .sig.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 6:24*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
> > Omelet wrote:
> > > Thought this was fun enough to pass on. :-) *I'm not personally into

> > Did you notice this part?

> > > *2009 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
> > > View this story online at:http://www.alternet.org/story/132736/

> > (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> > without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> > lonnnng Usenet post?)

> > Serene

> I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...
>
> <shrugs>
>
> Why do you hon'?

Perhaps because she's in the publishing game and recognizes the rights
of the authors. She was polite, you have responded politely. THank
you.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> >> Did you notice this part?

> >> (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> >> without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> >> lonnnng Usenet post?)
> >>
> >> Serene

> > I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...
> >
> > <shrugs>
> >
> > Why do you hon'?

> Because I and many of my friends make our livings selling our words, and
> it's not fair to us to take something that belongs to us and ignore our
> clear request that you not distribute it.
>
> Serene

Ok, I confess to not having read the whole thing before re-posting it.
I'll get back to the original sender.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
maxine > wrote:

> On Mar 22, 6:24*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> > > Did you notice this part?

> > > (That is, that the work is copyrighted and shouldn't be broadcast
> > > without permission, and that it's available as a link rather than a
> > > lonnnng Usenet post?)

> > > Serene

> > I got it via e-mail so no, I don't worry about stuff like that...
> >
> > <shrugs>
> >
> > Why do you hon'?

> Perhaps because she's in the publishing game and recognizes the rights
> of the authors. She was polite, you have responded politely. THank
> you.
>
> maxine in ri

I like Serene. :-) I'd never be rude to her!
Thanks back...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.