Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Garden at the White House

Christine Dabney wrote:
> For those that are interested:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/di...b.html?_r=1&hp
>
> Christine

I hope that by doing this, the Obamas set an example for the rest
of us. (I am waiting to see where I move to before I tackle
anything, which means it may not be until next year.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean wrote about the White House garden:

> I hope that by doing this, the Obamas set an example for the rest of us.

They *are* setting an example for the rest of us. It remains to be seen how
popular their example will become. I won't be following their example
because I have an amazing aptitude for killing off even the hardiest plants.
(Thanks to Lin's ministrations, we managed to keep chives, mint, and thyme
alive from last year. Everything else we planted is dead, including our
kaffir lime tree.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. wrote:
> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> For those that are interested:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/di...b.html?_r=1&hp
>>
>> Christine

> I hope that by doing this, the Obamas set an example for the rest of
> us. (I am waiting to see where I move to before I tackle anything,
> which means it may not be until next year.)

I'd rather think that some of us set an example for the Obama's!
They're hardly the first to start a garden project. Most of us don't
have their "help" though and we have to get our own hands dirty.
It would be nice if they publicized the stages and bounty of the garden.
That might inspire folks too.