Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

rec.food.cooking - cookbook - page 1
Appetizers & Beverages

Blue Cheese Tart

A creamy, rich blue cheese filling is baked in a flaky pastry tart
shell and garnished with roasted red peppers, pine nuts and parsley.

Pastry:
1-1/2 cups (about 150 g) flour
1/2 cup (about 115 g) butter
5-6 tablespoons ice water

Filling:
8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup (about 40 g) crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1/3 cup (about 60 g) chopped roasted red peppers
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Heat oven to 375F (190C). Place flour in lage bowl; cut in butter
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water with fork until
flour is just moistened. Shape into a ball. Roll out pastry on lightly
floured
surface into 12-inch (30-cm) circle.

Place in 9- or 10-inch (22- or 25-cm) tart pan with removable bottom
or pie pan; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Cut away
excess pastry; prick all over with fork. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or
until
very lightly browned.

Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in large mixer bowl.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 or 2
minutes). Continue beating, gradually adding whipping cream, egg and
ground pepper until blended (1 or 2 minutes). Spread into baked
pastry. Sprinkle with roasted red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 20
minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Cover; store refrigerated.

Serves 16

Soruce: Land O'Lakes - GAR Illinois, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:03:22 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

> REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c. cookbook one
page at a time?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

blake murphy wrote:

> is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c. cookbook one
> page at a time?

I was wondering if we are witnessing the resurrection of the Windy
Prince ...

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

I wrote:

> I was wondering if we are witnessing the resurrection of the Windy
> Prince ...

I meant Windy CITY Prince ... though Windy Prince works, too.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 10:29*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:03:22 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:
> > REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

> is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c. cookbook one
> page at a time?
>
> blake

So people that don't have one can enjoy itl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:46:09 -0800 (PST), Rusty
> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 10:29*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:03:22 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:
>> > REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

>> is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c. cookbook one
>> page at a time?
>>
>> blake

>So people that don't have one can enjoy itl

My vote most likely means nothing but I'd say keep up the good work.
I've already saved a couple.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou wrote:

> My vote most likely means nothing but I'd say keep up the good work.
> I've already saved a couple.

I also appreciate Rusty's good work in posting the RFC cookbook recipes.
That's a lot of typing!

I have some agreement for the "one thread" idea. I don't think the recipe
posts have been tremendously disruptive, but there is *some* disruption. I
am hardly in a position to cast stones at disruptive posters, though, so
I'll let that one slide.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 7, 7:48*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Lou wrote:
> > My vote most likely means nothing but I'd say keep up the good work.
> > I've already saved a couple.

> I also appreciate Rusty's good work in posting the RFC cookbook recipes.
> That's a lot of typing!
>
> I have some agreement for the "one thread" idea. I don't think the recipe
> posts have been tremendously disruptive, but there is *some* disruption. I
> am hardly in a position to cast stones at disruptive posters, though, so
> I'll let that one slide.
>
> Bob

Sorry if the posts caused any disruption. I will repost in one thread.
One page per post in the new thread.

I did type some of the early pages, but I got tired. ;-) I've now
switched to scanning and OCR. I just have to do a little cleanup on
each scan. Much easier than typing.

Rusty
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:35:46 -0800 (PST), Rusty

--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:46:09 -0800 (PST), Rusty
> > wrote:

>>> is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c.
>>> cookbook one page at a time?
>>>
>>> blake

>> So people that don't have one can enjoy itl

> My vote most likely means nothing but I'd say keep up the good work.
> I've already saved a couple.
>
> Lou

I agree. Not everyone has access to the cookbook. Those recipes were
carefully screened and chosen for uniqueness and excellence. Nothing
wrong with posting recipes in this cooking newsgroup - beats a lot of
the other unrelated subjects.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:46:09 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

> On Mar 7, 10:29*am, blake murphy > wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:03:22 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:
>>> REC - Blue Cheese Tart - RFC Cookbook page 1

>> is there a reason you seem bent on posting the entire r.f.c. cookbook one
>> page at a time?
>>
>> blake

> So people that don't have one can enjoy itl

o.k. i just wondered because your name wasn't familiar to me from r.f.c.
could have slipped by me.

your pal,
blake