Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default LC REC - Barbecue Sauce

I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if we
don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
Delicious!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce

Recipe By :Jenny the Bean (asdlc)
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments Low-Carb

6 tablespoons vinegar
15 ounces tomato sauce -- plain
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
3/4 tablespoon salt -- optional
1 dash cayenne pepper
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
2 tablespoons Splendaź granular -- (18 drops liquid)
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard

Add vinegar and all other ingredients except mustard to a sauce pan
and slowly heat. Put mustard in a cup and slowly stir in a couple
tablespoons of sauce until well blended. Then add mustard mixture back
to sauce in pan. Bring to a boil, and lower heat. Let simmer for a
few minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate.

Note: this sauce will taste a bit peculiar if you taste it when it is
still hot. Don't worry! Something magical happens when it sits in the
fridge.

Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an
ounce is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.

Source:
"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 2g Fat (7.0%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber;
trace Cholesterol; 8118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 5 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : "his isn't a substitute for the "real thing," it's an
improvement. It's so good the rest of the family gobbles it up and I
have to keep making more. " Jenny

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if we
> don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
> Delicious!
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce
>
> Recipe By :Jenny the Bean (asdlc)
> Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Condiments Low-Carb

> 6 tablespoons vinegar
> 15 ounces tomato sauce -- plain
> 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> 3/4 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
> 3/4 tablespoon salt -- optional
> 1 dash cayenne pepper
> 3 teaspoons lemon juice
> 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
> 2 tablespoons Splendaź granular -- (18 drops liquid)
> 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
>
> Add vinegar and all other ingredients except mustard to a sauce pan
> and slowly heat. Put mustard in a cup and slowly stir in a couple
> tablespoons of sauce until well blended. Then add mustard mixture back
> to sauce in pan. Bring to a boil, and lower heat. Let simmer for a
> few minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate.
>
> Note: this sauce will taste a bit peculiar if you taste it when it is
> still hot. Don't worry! Something magical happens when it sits in the
> fridge.
>
> Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an
> ounce is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.
>
> Source:
> "http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/"
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 2g Fat (7.0%
> calories from fat); 8g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber;
> trace Cholesterol; 8118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
> Meat; 5 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
>
> NOTES : "his isn't a substitute for the "real thing," it's an
> improvement. It's so good the rest of the family gobbles it up and I
> have to keep making more. " Jenny

Not only LC, but this looks delicious. Thanks again.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if we
> don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
> Delicious!

Thanks for that one, Carol. I'm going to make a batch and see if DH
likes it. Right now we are using Stubb's because it is fairly low in
carbs and tastes good. Your recipe sounds wonderful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:13:56 -0600, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if we
>> don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
>> Delicious!

>Thanks for that one, Carol. I'm going to make a batch and see if DH
>likes it. Right now we are using Stubb's because it is fairly low in
>carbs and tastes good. Your recipe sounds wonderful.

It's not mine, but it IS good. It was developed by a woman in the
low-carb newsgroup. Lots of good recipes there. At least, when I was
reading the group. The last time I popped in, it just didn't seem the
same. Life goes on, I guess. Things change.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:13:56 -0600, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>> I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if

we
>>> don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
>>> Delicious!

>>Thanks for that one, Carol. I'm going to make a batch and see if DH
>>likes it. Right now we are using Stubb's because it is fairly low in
>>carbs and tastes good. Your recipe sounds wonderful.

> It's not mine, but it IS good. It was developed by a woman in the
> low-carb newsgroup. Lots of good recipes there. At least, when I was
> reading the group. The last time I popped in, it just didn't seem the
> same. Life goes on, I guess. Things change.
>
> Carol

Hey! You dropped the xantham <sp> gum from the recipe...so it won't be
thickiah. Yeah I know it tastes the same gum or no gum and yeah the
mention of the gum scares folks off...but there is the purity of the
recipe to consider...I too dropped the gum. But I usually get yelled at
by doing stuff like that. Boy you must be way cuter than me...nobody
yelled at you.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 07:23:51 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>Hey! You dropped the xantham <sp> gum from the recipe...so it won't be
>thickiah. Yeah I know it tastes the same gum or no gum and yeah the
>mention of the gum scares folks off...but there is the purity of the
>recipe to consider...I too dropped the gum. But I usually get yelled at
>by doing stuff like that. Boy you must be way cuter than me...nobody
>yelled at you.

Sorry. I thought the only change I had made was adding the mustard at
the end. I got mustard clumps as it was originally written. Anywho,
we just use it as sort of a glaze, or as a dip. No real need for it
to be thick. I did include the author's website, so the original
version can be retrieved. Assuming Jenny still has her site up.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:13:56 -0600, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>> I've made this several times. We only used bottled/jarred sauce if we
>>> don't have this (or the ingredients to make it) on hand. MWAH!
>>> Delicious!

>> Thanks for that one, Carol. I'm going to make a batch and see if DH
>> likes it. Right now we are using Stubb's because it is fairly low in
>> carbs and tastes good. Your recipe sounds wonderful.

> It's not mine, but it IS good. It was developed by a woman in the
> low-carb newsgroup. Lots of good recipes there. At least, when I was
> reading the group. The last time I popped in, it just didn't seem the
> same. Life goes on, I guess. Things change.
>
> Carol

I used to lurk there. Too many of the recipes were full of fat and
sugar-alcohol-based products that disagree with me. Every once and a
while I will pop in and see what's doing. I use their archives sometimes.

Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
Barbecue Sauce Karen C. Barbecue 35 07-12-2006 10:43 PM
LIZ'S BARBECUE SAUCE Tim Recipes 0 12-04-2005 08:12 PM
BARBECUE SAUCE Tim Recipes 0 10-04-2005 12:07 PM
Barbecue Sauce Jeanne Recipes (moderated) 0 26-02-2005 03:29 AM