Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Are you all scum?

Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
"detritus" and hate you all.

What did you ****ers do to them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tony wrote:
> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.
>
> What did you ****ers do to them?

Mostly ignored them. Most spoiled brats hate being ignored.

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 11:49*am, Tony > wrote:
> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.

Oh yes, anytime you assign a group one single label, it's bound to be
100% correct. Always.

Like:

"Those Chartreuse people, theyr'e just lazy by nature."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony wrote:

> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.
>
> What did you ****ers do to them?

We claimed all their food tastes like rendered hooves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24 Feb 2009 20:48:06 GMT, 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony wrote:
>
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> We claimed all their food tastes like rendered hooves.

LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tony > wrote:

> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.

What are the names of "they"? Do you personally know them? Is it
everybody, or are "scum" the same trolls who are causing the problems?
What are the names of "you" above? Is it all of the estimated 50,000
who read this group, or just the ones that post here, or just the people
who are trying to cause trouble for *everybody*?

> What did you ****ers do to them?

Same question about the above "you" and "them".

I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting stranger,
and assumes that they must be from the other group.

Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m. I
killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m. I'm
sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are trolls.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> Tony > wrote:
>
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.

> What are the names of "they"? Do you personally know them? Is it
> everybody, or are "scum" the same trolls who are causing the problems?
> What are the names of "you" above? Is it all of the estimated 50,000
> who read this group, or just the ones that post here, or just the
> people who are trying to cause trouble for *everybody*?
>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> Same question about the above "you" and "them".
>
> I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
> Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
> others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
> to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
> ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
> second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group.
>
> Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m.
> I killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m.
> I'm sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are
> trolls.

Wise man

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:01:18 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> Tony > wrote:
>
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.

> What are the names of "they"? Do you personally know them? Is it
> everybody, or are "scum" the same trolls who are causing the problems?
> What are the names of "you" above? Is it all of the estimated 50,000
> who read this group, or just the ones that post here, or just the people
> who are trying to cause trouble for *everybody*?
>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> Same question about the above "you" and "them".
>
> I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
> Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
> others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
> to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
> ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
> second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting stranger,
> and assumes that they must be from the other group.
>
> Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m. I
> killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m. I'm
> sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are trolls.

If you're having doubts check what is said there every time RFC is
mentioned.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:09:32 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

> Dan Abel wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Tony > wrote:
>>
>>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>>> "detritus" and hate you all.

>> What are the names of "they"? Do you personally know them? Is it
>> everybody, or are "scum" the same trolls who are causing the problems?
>> What are the names of "you" above? Is it all of the estimated 50,000
>> who read this group, or just the ones that post here, or just the
>> people who are trying to cause trouble for *everybody*?
>>
>>> What did you ****ers do to them?

>> Same question about the above "you" and "them".
>>
>> I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
>> Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
>> others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
>> to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
>> ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
>> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
>> second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
>> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group.
>>
>> Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m.
>> I killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m.
>> I'm sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are
>> trolls.

> Wise man

Watch this one, she's a nutter from uk.food+drink.misc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony > wrote:

>Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>"detritus" and hate you all.
>
>What did you [censored] do to them?

They're entitled to their own opinion. There's plenty of scum around
here trying to mess things up for everyone else, and the best thing to
do is to just ignore them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony > wrote:
>
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>
>> What did you [censored] do to them?

> They're entitled to their own opinion. There's plenty of scum around
> here trying to mess things up for everyone else, and the best thing to
> do is to just ignore them.

LOL that is not quite the response 'Tony' was looking for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:17:40 -0500, Kajikit >
wrote:

>They're entitled to their own opinion. There's plenty of scum around
>here trying to mess things up for everyone else, and the best thing to
>do is to just ignore them.

And apologies for posting this. I start reading posts from the bottom
so I hadn't seen the others yet. The language should have been a
giveaway... somebody's poking the ant's nest.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tony > wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:01:18 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> > I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
> > Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
> > others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
> > to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
> > ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
> > stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
> > second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting stranger,
> > and assumes that they must be from the other group.
> >
> > Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m. I
> > killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m. I'm
> > sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are trolls.

> If you're having doubts check what is said there every time RFC is
> mentioned.

I don't live in the UK and have never been there. I have no reason to
read the group, especially not to look at posts from people I suspect to
be trolls.

If you wish to continue this conversation with me, that's too bad. You
appear to be doing nothing but stirring up trouble.

*plonk*

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Tony wrote:
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> Mostly ignored them. Most spoiled brats hate being ignored.
>
> --
> Dave

No kidding, Dave. Who really cares what posters from uk.food+drink thinks?
Maybe someone wants to post about Burger King again and is getting ****y
because we don't care about his fast-food fetishes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> No kidding, Dave. Who really cares what posters from uk.food+drink
> thinks? Maybe someone wants to post about Burger King again and is
> getting ****y because we don't care about his fast-food fetishes.

One just never knows. After all I can't control how others feel or what they
do, I can only control what I do and how I feel. :-)

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Tony wrote:
> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.
>
> What did you ****ers do to them?

Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had become
didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

Obviously not enough forelock tugging to suit the uk.food+drink
(emphasis on the drink crowd.
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Tony wrote:
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had become
> didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the world
does not trust you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

"Joseph Littleshoes" > wrote in message

> Tony wrote:
>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>
>> What did you ****ers do to them?

> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had become
> didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.
>
> Obviously not enough forelock tugging to suit the uk.food+drink (emphasis
> on the drink crowd.
> --

leave the Poms alone

Posted to rec.food.cooking

3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony wrote:
>
> > Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> > "detritus" and hate you all.
> >
> > What did you ****ers do to them?

> We claimed all their food tastes like rendered hooves.

An excellent source of certain minerals.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.
>
> What did you ****ers do to them?

Tony/Antonia is a pathetic excuse for a human being who constantly posts
obscene messages on ukfdm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tony > wrote in news:i599um0sess5.qacmqg4o3k0y.dlg@
40tude.net:

> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
> "detritus" and hate you all.
>
> What did you ****ers do to them?

They might just all be paranoid, you know :-)

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Dave Smith wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>>

>> Tony wrote:
>>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>>
>>> What did you ****ers do to them?

>> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
>> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
>> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had
>> become didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the world
> does not trust you.

Bit Tongue in cheek here. But Personally I would like to thank the
Americans for helping UK AU and others against the fight against
terrorists .

If you had not funded the IRA for thirty years we probably would not
know how to effectively deal with terrorists

One thing the Brits and other Commonwealth countries know how to do is:
Have a laugh at themselves and a few others .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXl_TyM6aI
Al Murray the British pub Landlord
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Dave Smith wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>

>> Tony wrote:
>>
>>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>>
>>> What did you ****ers do to them?

>> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
>> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
>> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had
>> become didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the world
> does not trust you.

Yeah, like nations are different than individuals, each as self
interested as the next an
and each as reluctant to share without compulsion.

Funny how copied and adopted American fashions & culture is for all that
America is distrusted.
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

phil-c wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since
>>> 1066 a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled
>>> their aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country
>>> had become didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

>> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
>> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the
>> world does not trust you.
>>

> Bit Tongue in cheek here. But Personally I would like to thank the
> Americans for helping UK AU and others against the fight against
> terrorists .
>
> If you had not funded the IRA for thirty years we probably would not
> know how to effectively deal with terrorists

*Chuckle* the oppressors of Erie whining about the IRA, ha! If you had
not funded the Black & Tans & the occupation & subjugation of Erie there
would have been no IRA.
--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> phil-c wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
>>> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the
>>> world does not trust you.
>>>

>> Bit Tongue in cheek here. But Personally I would like to thank the
>> Americans for helping UK AU and others against the fight against
>> terrorists .
>>
>> If you had not funded the IRA for thirty years we probably would not
>> know how to effectively deal with terrorists

> *Chuckle* the oppressors of Erie whining about the IRA, ha! If you had
> not funded the Black & Tans & the occupation & subjugation of Erie there
> would have been no IRA.
> --
> JL

HE HE passes a cyber pint of Guinness to JL Cheers Mate .

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Default Back to food

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

Sectarian stuff snipped .

As tending more towards the Green than the Orange

Is a bit Stodgy for some tastes
But I actually like it .

http://www.recipezaar.com/Irish-Stew...-Coddle-313516

Great with Soda bread
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony > wrote:

>Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>"detritus" and hate you all.
>
>What did you ****ers do to them?

We slimed them with our scummy scummy selves.

Then we laughed and laughed.

Then we slimed them again. For fun. And because they liked it.

Duh.
--

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:12:18 +0000, Tony > wrote:

>If you're having doubts check what is said there every time RFC is
>mentioned.

News flash: Nobody here cares.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 24 Feb 2009 02:12:18p, Tony told us...

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:01:18 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Tony > wrote:
>>
>>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>>> "detritus" and hate you all.

>> What are the names of "they"? Do you personally know them? Is it
>> everybody, or are "scum" the same trolls who are causing the problems?
>> What are the names of "you" above? Is it all of the estimated 50,000
>> who read this group, or just the ones that post here, or just the people
>> who are trying to cause trouble for *everybody*?
>>
>>> What did you ****ers do to them?

>> Same question about the above "you" and "them".
>>
>> I suspect that it's the same story that I've seen on many newsgroups.
>> Many crossposters are scum. Some crossposters are legitimate, but
>> others are just trying to cause trouble for the groups they crosspost
>> to. So some scum crosspost to groups, using their shiny new throwaway
>> ids. The first group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting
>> stranger, and assumes that they must be from the other group. The
>> second group looks at the crap, sees that it's a crossposting stranger,
>> and assumes that they must be from the other group.
>>
>> Last fall, I noticed crap being crossposted to both rfc and UK.fd.m. I
>> killed any post appearing on rfc that was also posted to uk.fd.m. I'm
>> sure I've missed some legitimate posts, but I suspect most are trolls.

> If you're having doubts check what is said there every time RFC is
> mentioned.

I have never cross-posted to uk.food+drink.misc, although I often lurk
there and read threads of interest. I have posted there asking questions
about certain British foods and cooking, and I've also responded to the
occasional question about American foods and cooking. I am known to some
of your regulars and welcomed by them. I have spent blocks of time in the
UK and have some familiarity with British customs and foods, but not nearly
enough to assume I know more than you or anyone else on the group. I don't
feel that I'm an intruder or a detriment. If you or others find that to
the contrary, then so be it, but I have no intentioin of altering my habits
to please those few who object.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:18:20 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I have never cross-posted to uk.food+drink.misc, although I often lurk
>there and read threads of interest. I have posted there asking questions
>about certain British foods and cooking, and I've also responded to the
>occasional question about American foods and cooking. I am known to some
>of your regulars and welcomed by them.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... enough about you, Mr. Lurker. What about the
rest of us? You read that group, what do they *really* think about
rfc? I'm suspecting the PL fracas spilled over there too.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 24 Feb 2009 10:25:19p, sf told us...

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:18:20 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>I have never cross-posted to uk.food+drink.misc, although I often lurk
>>there and read threads of interest. I have posted there asking questions
>>about certain British foods and cooking, and I've also responded to the
>>occasional question about American foods and cooking. I am known to some
>>of your regulars and welcomed by them.

> Yeah, yeah, yeah.... enough about you, Mr. Lurker. What about the
> rest of us? You read that group, what do they *really* think about
> rfc? I'm suspecting the PL fracas spilled over there too.

The biggest issue is cross-posting, and yes, the PL fracas has spilled over
there too. It's no more welcome there than it is here. I don't think most
regulars in uk.food+drink.misc object to legitimate rfc posters
participating in their group in reasonable posts. At least I've not found
that to be true. There will always be people like Sheldon in rfc who
object to nearly everything and everyone.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:53 +0000, Tony > wrote:

>Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>"detritus" and hate you all.
>
>What did you ****ers do to them?

I resent that, I'm trash not scum. The scum lives two blocks down near the river.

Obligatory (trashy) recipe:

Apple Brown Betty

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
4-6 tart baking apples

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugar. Add oatmeal
to make a stiff batter/dough. Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Lightly
butter a casserole large enough to hold the apples. Place all of the
apples in the buttered casserole. Spread the topping over the apples. Bake
one hour. Serve with heavy cream, whipped cream, ice cream or just plain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:34:59 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>>
>> Tony wrote:
>>> Over in uk.food+drink.misc they refer to RFC posters as "scum" and
>>> "detritus" and hate you all.
>>>
>>> What did you ****ers do to them?

>> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
>> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
>> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had become
>> didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the world
> does not trust you.

i was going to say, at least in wwii, we took our own sweet time about it.
and the british weren't exactly sitting around on their asses waiting for
us.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

blake murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:34:59 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> Oh you know the Brits, they have had an inferiority complex since 1066
>>> a.d. And world wars 1 & 2 where we "yanks" reluctantly pulled their
>>> aristocratic asses out of the burning building their country had become
>>> didn't seem to impress them or leave them grateful.

>> reluctantly is the operative world. You proved yourselves to be
>> unreliable allies. Now you can sit and wonder why the rest of the world
>> does not trust you.

> i was going to say, at least in wwii, we took our own sweet time about it.
> and the british weren't exactly sitting around on their asses waiting for
> us.

You were a lot faster getting into WWII than WWII. The Japanese attack
on Pearl Harbor might be seen as the incident that turned a European war
into a world war, but it was only part of the Japanese plan, a
pre-emptive strike that they gambled would knock the US out of action as
they launchd simultaneous attacks across the Pacific. They thought
American Isolationism and a shattering blow would keep them at home.

WWI started in 1914. The US didn't get into it until 1917 an didn't have
troops involved until late in 1917, by which time the Allies were
already pushing the Germans back. The Germans launched a major offensive
in the spring of 1918, hoping to get the Allies to sue for peach before
the Americans came in with lots of fresh and well supplied troops. It
failed and the effort pretty well bled the German army dry.

For decades later many proud but not too well informed Americans have
boasted about having saved Europe's ass twice, but overlook the fact
that the US was content to sit back and let the other major powers fight
it out so they could go in an pick up the pieces to become a world
power. It worked. But when the US calls for help from the Allies and
claims to have jumped at the chance to help out them, that isn't exactly
true. It did everything it could not to get involved.

It is interesting to note that while the US came into WWI very late in
the game, it had a disproportionate influence on the terms of the
treaty, and then never even ratified it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> There will always be people like Sheldon in rfc who
> object to nearly everything and everyone.

Nope, only to moral schnorrers such as the likes of you. Lil' Wayne...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> The message >
> from Joseph Littleshoes > contains these words:
>

>> *Chuckle* the oppressors of Erie whining about the IRA, ha! If you had
>> not funded the Black & Tans & the occupation & subjugation of Erie there
>> would have been no IRA.

> Lol, your ignorance of Irish politics is so profound you can't even
> spell the name of the country .

LOL.
Back in my university days I went to see a speaker from the IRA.
Actually, he was president of Sinn Fein, the political wing of the IRA.
he said a lot of strange things that lacked credibility, but the most
astounding was the claim that the British army forces poor Irish
farmers. I found that interesting in view of the pope's stand on birth
control. I was curious about the mechanics of it.

There has been a curious interaction between England and Ireland over
the years. The Catholics in England were pretty repressive and whined
like hell when they lost their power and influence. the Irish have a
long history of rising up and stabbing England in the back whenever they
were involved in conflicts elsewhere. It is little wonder why the
English distrusted them so much. The Irish complain about atrocities
committed against them by the English back in the 1600s but overlook
that it was revenge for Catholic slaughter of Protestants.

The English certainly weren't perfect, but look around the world and see
the most successful and fair minded democracies. Almost all have British
roots.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> The message >
> from Joseph Littleshoes > contains these words:
>

>>*Chuckle* the oppressors of Erie whining about the IRA, ha! If you had
>>not funded the Black & Tans & the occupation & subjugation of Erie there
>>would have been no IRA.

> Lol, your ignorance of Irish politics is so profound you can't even
> spell the name of the country .
>
> Janet.

Which is irrelevant to the fact that the British caused their own
problems by conquering Ireland (however you care to spell it) before
there was an America to give safe haven to its politically persecuted
heroes.

Erin Go Braugh,

JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> There will always be people like Sheldon in rfc who
>> object to nearly everything and everyone.

> Nope, only to moral schnorrers such as the likes of you. Lil' Wayne...

Well, I have to say, that Wayne is a welcome and knowledgeble poster in
ukfd.
We welcome posters from US who are serious posters.

Pop in and post here Greg You will be most welcome.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Janet Baraclough wrote:
>> The message >
>> from Joseph Littleshoes > contains these words:
>>

>>> *Chuckle* the oppressors of Erie whining about the IRA, ha! If you
>>> had not funded the Black & Tans & the occupation & subjugation of
>>> Erie there would have been no IRA.

>> Lol, your ignorance of Irish politics is so profound you can't even
>> spell the name of the country .
>>
>> Janet.

> Which is irrelevant to the fact that the British caused their own
> problems by conquering Ireland (however you care to spell it) before
> there was an America to give safe haven to its politically persecuted
> heroes.
>
> Erin Go Braugh,

Except that the people in Ireland are mostly transplants of the origins
as the British who settled there but then got tangled up in the
Catholic- Protestant crap. There was a democratic settlement to the
problem with Ireland, with the people in the north voting overwhelmingly
to stay with the UK, so it was partitioned. The terrorists in Northern
Ireland were well funded by various Irish American groups.

It was not political persecution that sent so many Irish to the US. It
was poverty and starvation. They went in great numbers to the US where
land was cheap. They also migrated in great numbers to England, and to
Canada and Australia, all British at the time. Lucky for the Irish that
they always had England to blame for their problems.
And FWIW, my great great grandfather was Irish Catholic, and he left
Ireland for Canada, not because of British oppression but because he was
so disgusted with the Church that he left the priesthood and a country
where he thought the church had way to much influence, all negative.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc

phil-c wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
> Sectarian stuff snipped .
>
> As tending more towards the Green than the Orange
>
> Is a bit Stodgy for some tastes
> But I actually like it .
>
> http://www.recipezaar.com/Irish-Stew...-Coddle-313516
>
> Great with Soda bread

I don't "crock pot" never owned one, and don't like to leave food
unattended while it cooks, i like to fiddle with it as it cooks.

But aside from that and the bacon, its the basic beef stew i make.

I don't care for olive oil and omit the sugar while including at least a
cup of a good Burgundy.

I had an Italian beef stew (ragout?) once that had big meaty beef ribs (
i think they might have even been referred to as "English" ribs) & beef
sausage stewed in a tomato sauce for several hours, ever since i like to
add a very nice, locally made, beef & pork sausage to my beef stew.
--
JL

P.s. phil-c, your name is a typo just waiting to happen my spell
checker wants to change it to 'phallic' so this is just an apology in
advance in case i accidentally happen to do so
-
jl

Natural Gas Stove 'Scum'? [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 17 07-11-2013 06:51 PM
Soda scum notbob General Cooking 8 16-09-2010 05:44 AM
Scum JonK Wine 5 11-11-2005 12:44 AM
Where's My Pickle Scum ? John Kiss Preserving 1 07-09-2005 05:50 AM
No Scum Fermenting Pickles D.L. Jones Preserving 1 25-06-2004 02:34 PM