Member

Default What coffee machine do i need to make Starbucks coffee?

Hi,

I want to buy my boyfriend a coffee machine for his birthday but have no idea about coffee myself so don't know which one to buy. I have bought him a bag of Starbuck's house blend beans, what type of machine would i need to buy to make this???

Regards
__________________
Commercial coffee machines
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"wingmark" > wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I want to buy my boyfriend a coffee machine for his birthday but have no
> idea about coffee myself so don't know which one to buy. I have bought
> him a bag of Starbuck's house blend beans, what type of machine would i
> need to buy to make this???
>
> Regards
>

> --
> wingmark

Do you mean grinder of coffee maker?

Any type of coffee maker will work. As for grinders, the burr type works
better than the ones with blades that chop the bean. They start at about
$20 and go up to $450 for a La Pavoni.

If you really loved him, you'd have bought better coffee though.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:00:47 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

>Do you mean grinder of coffee maker?
>
>Any type of coffee maker will work. As for grinders, the burr type works
>better than the ones with blades that chop the bean. They start at about
>$20 and go up to $450 for a La Pavoni.

$450? They go much, much higher for other machines. Mine cost $1300, and they go
much higher than that, depending on your needs and desires.

> If you really loved him, you'd have bought better coffee though.

Agreed.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:00:45 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

>If he is just a plain ol' working stiff, who likes simple stuff, Mr. Coffee
>works fine too.
>If he's a pretentious putz, anything over $150 by Cuisinart or Kitchenaid
>will do.

Except that over a year or more, those "pretentious" machines will actually cost
less, because their cone filters require significantly less ground coffee to
produce the same strength brew.

-- Larry