Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food colors: What you're dressed in?

I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Ranch.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 6:38*am, Andy > wrote:
> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Gizzard (?) A gray suit with a red shirt.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Licorice, blueberries and honey (black t-shirt, dark jeans, gold-themed
make-up and jewelry).

I hate being expected to look respectable this early in the day,
especially on a holiday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got the day off, no
up before the crack of dawn today).
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Licorice, blueberries and honey (black t-shirt, dark jeans, gold-themed
> make-up and jewelry).
>
> I hate being expected to look respectable this early in the day,
> especially on a holiday.

Kathleen,

I can't say sexy in other colors!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got the day
> off, no up before the crack of dawn today).
> -ginny

ginny,

Are those actually purple???

Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 6:38 am, Andy > wrote:
> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

An excellent suggestion for a pot-luck party - come dressed as your
favorite food.

For me, I'll have to be reminded - AS, not IN.

To the question - I don't know, but I wouldn't eat it. Greenish gray
with a lot of white speckles. The lower half of me is a faded black.
What am I? Poorly stored cheese?

Bulka
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:14:21 -0600:

>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black
>>> truffles!
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got
>> the day off, no up before the crack of dawn today). -ginny

> ginny,

> Are those actually purple???

> Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

Don't worry, there are an immense number of shapes, sizes and colors of
eggplants. White, red, purple, almost black, red ones with white
lengthwise stripes etc. are available tho' they tend to look similar
when cooked.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:38:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
>You?

Probably blue raspberry Jell-O, but not quite. What food is turqoise?

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton said...

> Andy wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:14:21 -0600:

>>> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got
>>> the day off, no up before the crack of dawn today). -ginny

>> ginny,

>> Are those actually purple???

>> Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

> Don't worry, there are an immense number of shapes, sizes and colors of
> eggplants. White, red, purple, almost black, red ones with white
> lengthwise stripes etc. are available tho' they tend to look similar
> when cooked.

James,

I got forced into a slice of deep fried zucchini on smoked/bbq'd whole hog
at a block party. The hired cook tending the smoker wouldn't give away a
roast pork sandwich without it.

I swallowed my pride and tried it. Delicious!

He nodded in gracious approval!

Now if I only had the recipe for both! And an 80 lb. hog!

I was probably wearing green and pink (in my hands) that day.

A wonderfully life changing meal.

Actually, I was wearing a white onion t-shirt and tangerine swim trunks.

What THAT has to do with eggplants, I dunno.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:14:21 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Virginia Tadrzynski said...
>
>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>>
>>> You?

>> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got the day
>> off, no up before the crack of dawn today).

>Are those actually purple???
>
>Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

Yep, they be purple. How do you perceive them?

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got the day off, no
> up before the crack of dawn today).
> -ginny

Oh gee. Something made with squid ink here, I guess.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:38:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
> >I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
> >
> >You?

> Probably blue raspberry Jell-O, but not quite. What food is turqoise?
>
> Carol

Nothing that I can think of, except maybe blueberry cool-aid???
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Andy wrote:

> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?

This is fun! Squid ink and licorice jelly beans, with maple.

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:14:21 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>Virginia Tadrzynski said...

>>> An eggplant.....large purplish maroon nightshirt (hey, I got the day
>>> off, no up before the crack of dawn today).

>>Are those actually purple???
>>
>>Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

> Yep, they be purple. How do you perceive them?
>
> Carol

Carol,

As black.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> James Silverton said...

> >> ginny,

> >> Are those actually purple???

> >> Must be my black-dark blue color-blindness? ((

> > Don't worry, there are an immense number of shapes, sizes and colors of
> > eggplants. White, red, purple, almost black, red ones with white
> > lengthwise stripes etc. are available tho' they tend to look similar
> > when cooked.

> James,
>
> I got forced into a slice of deep fried zucchini on smoked/bbq'd whole hog
> at a block party. The hired cook tending the smoker wouldn't give away a
> roast pork sandwich without it.
>
> I swallowed my pride and tried it. Delicious!
>
> He nodded in gracious approval!
>
> Now if I only had the recipe for both! And an 80 lb. hog!
>
> I was probably wearing green and pink (in my hands) that day.
>
> A wonderfully life changing meal.
>
> Actually, I was wearing a white onion t-shirt and tangerine swim trunks.
>
> What THAT has to do with eggplants, I dunno.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Fried zuch's are wunderful stuff!!!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
(jeans).
Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
rid of this shirt. ;-)
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:43:52 -0600:

> Fried zuch's are wunderful stuff!!!

Especially, and that goes for sweet potato too, cooked tempura style.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally said...

> Andy wrote:
>> I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
> (jeans).
> Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
> rid of this shirt. ;-)
> Kate

Then I'll take off my French dressing!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pale yellow capri pants and yesterday's white T-shirt. Definitely
Banana Cream Pie.
Lynn in Fargo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:43:52 -0600:
>

> > Fried zuch's are wunderful stuff!!!

> Especially, and that goes for sweet potato too, cooked tempura style.

Oh yes,,,
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

Cherry pie on top, blueberries on the bottom.

So the strawberry butter that dribbled off my french toast and onto my shirt
doesn't look so bad.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:38:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>
>You?

I look like angel food cake with whipped cream topping. Blowing my
nose into white tissues too.... just to add to the color scenario.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>(jeans).
>Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>rid of this shirt. ;-)

Or think of a different green. How about melon?

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>
>>I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>>(jeans).
>>Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>>rid of this shirt. ;-)

> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

no! No!! NO!!!

Take off the shirt!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGgvpjtq0w
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bonus track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5k2euahDI&NR=1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:38:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>

>>I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!
>>
>>You?

> Probably blue raspberry Jell-O, but not quite. What food is turqoise?
>
> Carol

A couple of times when I've made new orleans style shrimp the garlic
turned a rather nice shade of turquoise.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Today I look like a lemon in green olives.

Once again http://i43.tinypic.com/35kjzmx.jpg only as a much slimmer image of
myself.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Today I look like a lemon in green olives.
>
> Once again http://i43.tinypic.com/35kjzmx.jpg only as a much slimmer
> image of myself.
>
> Andy

OR from the "Temptations," post, I look like mustard and relish!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>
>> I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>> (jeans).
>> Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>> rid of this shirt. ;-)

> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

Nope, not even close. It's definitely an avocado
green. Believe me, I saw lots of that color back
in the 70's. :-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> sf said...
>
>> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>>> (jeans).
>>> Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>>> rid of this shirt. ;-)

>> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

> no! No!! NO!!!
>
> Take off the shirt!!!

Okay, what's going on here, Andy? Are we playing
strip RFC?

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
> wrote:
>
>> I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>> (jeans).
>> Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>> rid of this shirt. ;-)

> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

Today I look like raspberrys, eggplant, zucchini, butternut
squash, marshmallows, and pink Sno Balls on top - blueberries
on the bottom.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:47:59 -0500, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>Andy wrote:
>> sf said...

>>> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

>> no! No!! NO!!!
>>
>> Take off the shirt!!!

>Okay, what's going on here, Andy? Are we playing
>strip RFC?

<covering eyes>

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:55:29 -0500, Kate Connally >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:00 -0500, Kate Connally >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I look like guacamole (shirt)and blueberries
>>> (jeans).
>>> Since I hate guacamole I guess I'd better get
>>> rid of this shirt. ;-)

>> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

>Today I look like raspberrys, eggplant, zucchini, butternut
>squash, marshmallows, and pink Sno Balls on top - blueberries
>on the bottom.

You need a bigger bib.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally said...

> Andy wrote:
>> sf said...

>>> Or think of a different green. How about melon?

>> no! No!! NO!!!
>>
>> Take off the shirt!!!

> Okay, what's going on here, Andy? Are we playing
> strip RFC?
>
> Kate

Andy <--- Looking around --->

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 2:12*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:38:12 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> >I look like... (???)... French dressing and (?) black truffles!

> >You?

> I look like angel food cake with whipped cream topping. *Blowing my
> nose into white tissues too.... just to add to the color scenario. *
>
> --
> I never worry about diets. The only carrots that
> interest me are the number of carats in a diamond.
>
> Mae West

Aha! I'm having a hot flash. I look like Strawberry Ripple ice cream:
white tennies, pink socks, white underwear, pink cotton sports bra.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo said...

> Aha! I'm having a hot flash. I look like Strawberry Ripple ice cream:
> white tennies, pink socks, white underwear, pink cotton sports bra.
> Lynn in Fargo

Go on...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Lynn from Fargo said...
>
>> Aha! I'm having a hot flash. I look like Strawberry Ripple ice cream:
>> white tennies, pink socks, white underwear, pink cotton sports bra.
>> Lynn in Fargo

> Go on...

You had me at Strawberry!!!