Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Garlic Shrimp cream and butter sauce for pasta

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Garlic Shrimp cream and butter sauce

none

1 cup whipping cream
6 tbsps Butter
1 Cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
1 pinch nutmeg
1 sprinkle of fresh parsley
4 toes garlic minced
1/2 lb shrimp

Right from the top you get your pasta water on and when the water starts
to boil and you add the pasta.

Before the pasta water comes back to a boil I melt the butter in a pan
and cook the shrimp and garlic in the butter. when the shrimp turns pink
I remove the shrimp. Also remove pan from heat so the garlic won't burn.

Then when the pasta comes back to a boil I return the pan to the heat and
add the whipping cream to the butter and garlic in the pan and allow the
sauce to simmer for a few moments to thicken.

Drain the pasta and while it is still hot toss it well with the cream and
butter sauce, the nutmeg, cheese , parsley and shrimp.

I usually do the tossing in the empty pot the pasta cooked in.

The amounts of garlic and shrimp are up to you...I just added them to an
exsisting recipe.
Fresh parmesan cheese is the key to this recipe...Don't use that crud
from kraft in a green shaker.
Use the freshest parmesan cheese you can find.

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Excellent recipe thanks

hahabogus wrote:
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Garlic Shrimp cream and butter sauce
>
> none
>
> 1 cup whipping cream
> 6 tbsps Butter
> 1 Cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
> 1 pinch nutmeg
> 1 sprinkle of fresh parsley
> 4 toes garlic minced
> 1/2 lb shrimp
>
> Right from the top you get your pasta water on and when the water starts
> to boil and you add the pasta.
>

> Before the pasta water comes back to a boil I melt the butter in a pan
> and cook the shrimp and garlic in the butter. when the shrimp turns pink
> I remove the shrimp. Also remove pan from heat so the garlic won't burn.
>

> Then when the pasta comes back to a boil I return the pan to the heat and
> add the whipping cream to the butter and garlic in the pan and allow the
> sauce to simmer for a few moments to thicken.
>
> Drain the pasta and while it is still hot toss it well with the cream and
> butter sauce, the nutmeg, cheese , parsley and shrimp.
>
> I usually do the tossing in the empty pot the pasta cooked in.
>
> The amounts of garlic and shrimp are up to you...I just added them to an
> exsisting recipe.
> Fresh parmesan cheese is the key to this recipe...Don't use that crud
> from kraft in a green shaker.
> Use the freshest parmesan cheese you can find.
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:51:17 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:
>
>>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>>Garlic Shrimp cream and butter sauce

> This looks good, Alan. You must have been reading my mind...
>
> I have some seafood from Trader Joes, that I want to use, of which
> shrimp is just type. I found some small lobster tails..or langoustine
> tails...and I keep on thinking that those, plus some of the scallops I
> have as well, might be good in such a sauce as this.
>
> I think I know what I am fixing tonight...to go over fettuccine, or
> linguine.
>
> Christine

this works well with either.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:27:47 +0900, phil-c >
wrote:

>Excellent recipe thanks

Different strokes I guess. I'd never make that.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:27:47 +0900, phil-c >
> wrote:
>
>>Excellent recipe thanks

> Different strokes I guess. I'd never make that.
>

> Lou

That's a shame because it is very nice.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:27:47 +0900, phil-c >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Excellent recipe thanks

>> Different strokes I guess. I'd never make that.
>>

>> Lou
>>

>That's a shame because it is very nice.

I'm glad you like it.

I love tinned smoked oysters with cream cheese on crackers. So I make
a white sauce with cream cheese and parm and serve that over rotini
If I've got fresh mushrooms I'll add those too. It's delicious but
shrimp would be too mild IMO.

Lou