Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon (for Serene)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon

Recipe By :Gourmet Magazine
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Vegetables

1 1/2 pounds green beans -- trimmed
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- freshly grated
1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts -- chopped fine

In a kettle of boiling salted water cook beans until just tender, 3 to
8 minutes. Drain beans in a colander and in a large bowl toss while
still hot with oil, zest, nuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Beans
may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat beans, preferably
in a microwave.

Source:
"http://www.epicurious.com/"
Copyright:
"November 1995"

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon
>
> Recipe By :Gourmet Magazine
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
> Categories : Vegetables

> 1 1/2 pounds green beans -- trimmed
> 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
> 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- freshly grated
> 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts -- chopped fine
>
> In a kettle of boiling salted water cook beans until just tender, 3 to
> 8 minutes. Drain beans in a colander and in a large bowl toss while
> still hot with oil, zest, nuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Beans
> may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat beans, preferably
> in a microwave.

Thanks for posting, Damsel.

I'm going to make this tonight to accompany some mustard-encrusted rack of
lamb.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:07:40 -0500, "Zeppo_m" >
wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Green Beans with Hazelnuts and Lemon
>>
>> Recipe By :Gourmet Magazine
>> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:45
>> Categories : Vegetables
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> -------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> 1 1/2 pounds green beans -- trimmed
>> 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
>> 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest -- freshly grated
>> 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts -- chopped fine
>>
>> In a kettle of boiling salted water cook beans until just tender, 3 to
>> 8 minutes. Drain beans in a colander and in a large bowl toss while
>> still hot with oil, zest, nuts, and salt and pepper to taste. Beans
>> may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat beans, preferably
>> in a microwave.

>Thanks for posting, Damsel.
>
>I'm going to make this tonight to accompany some mustard-encrusted rack of
>lamb.

I know you'll love them. Whenever *I* am the cook on Thanksgiving, I
make these. Command performance.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.