Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra Lee Recipe: Burrito Casserole

Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
archive.

http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

--
"Bunny's ability to take ingredients that I love and put them together
into something stomach wrenching is unparalleled." -- bookwirm

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Ubiquitous > wrote in
:

> Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
> comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
> dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
> archive.
>
> http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

I don't know how you Americans can stand the Latino influence on your food
and language. Their food would have been considered pet food in the 1960s,
that is, until things like ground beef became part of "gourmet meals" and
chicken wings became something fed to people and not cast off garbage from
the butcher's ground up for dog food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 5:08:12 -0500, Ubiquitous >
wrote:

>Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
>comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
>dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
>archive.
>
>http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

I'm tempted to try something similar using Taco Bell bean burritos.

Tara
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Rich wrote:

> I don't know how you Americans can stand the Latino influence on your food
> and language.

Your ignorance is showing.

JJ
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 10, 3:08*am, Ubiquitous > wrote:
> Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
> comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
> dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
> archive.
>
> http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

?!

Why not buy ENCHILADAS?!

-goro-

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Albert wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>
>> I don't know how you Americans can stand the Latino influence on your
>> food and language.

> Your ignorance is showing.
>
> JJ

A lot of us even go to Mexican restaurants! And many times, the owners
have been in this country for 30 or 40 years.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

suzee > wrote in :

> Albert wrote:
>> Rich wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know how you Americans can stand the Latino influence on your
>>> food and language.

>> Your ignorance is showing.
>>
>> JJ

> A lot of us even go to Mexican restaurants! And many times, the owners
> have been in this country for 30 or 40 years.

Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a Chinese
or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
because they had no choice.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Rich wrote:
> suzee > wrote in :
>
>> Albert wrote:

>>> Your ignorance is showing.
>>>
>>> JJ

>> A lot of us even go to Mexican restaurants! And many times, the owners
>> have been in this country for 30 or 40 years.
>>

> Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a Chinese
> or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
> because they had no choice.

I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in a
restaurant isn't so bad either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"suzee" ha scritto nel messaggio > Rich wrote:
>> Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a
>> Chinese >> or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty.
>> People ate it because they had no choice.

> I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in a >
> restaurant isn't so bad either.

This is just another racist post meant to stir p trouble and offend people.
Almost all cuisines come from what people were forced to eat by their
geography

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi said...

> "suzee" ha scritto nel messaggio > Rich wrote:
>>> Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a
>>> Chinese >> or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty.
>>> People ate it because they had no choice.

>> I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in
>> a > restaurant isn't so bad either.

> This is just another racist post meant to stir p trouble and offend
> people. Almost all cuisines come from what people were forced to eat by
> their geography

Giusi,

Agreed. Before the internet put world cultures on display for all to see,
what you grew up eating was "as good as gold." Books (cookbooks for rfc's
sake) were the early avenue of merging cultural information across vast
distances.

No culture's populations are immune from going hungry. The 1930's "Dust
Bowl" of the great plains of the US and Canada being a prime example.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:26:06 -0600, Rich > wrote:

>suzee > wrote in :
>
>> Albert wrote:

>>> Your ignorance is showing.
>>>
>>> JJ

>> A lot of us even go to Mexican restaurants! And many times, the owners
>> have been in this country for 30 or 40 years.
>>

>Doesn't stop it from being grotesque.

Yet another gown up picky eater posting something stupid in rfc.

>I can understand allowing a Chinese
>or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
>because they had no choice.

Allow? Allow? What does "allow" have to do with anything? Mexico is
our next door neighbor and we have a huge population of Mexican
descent in the USA. I've noticed that Chinese people mainly eat
Chinese food and Indian people mainly eat Indian food - and yet here
you are objecting to Mexican food (in public no less). The rest of us
won't stop enjoying it just because you don't. Run off and stuff
yourself with cheap hotdogs and Bud light.

Mae West
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Rich wrote:

> Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a Chinese
> or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
> because they had no choice.

You do not know anything other than ignorance and bigotry. Almost all great
food is born of poverty and if it was not for the Mexicans you would not have
chocolate, potatoes, tomatoes, chile peppers, sweet corn or anetto.

My first restaurant was in Mexico and I used to serve dishes from poverty
around the world, like baklava, coconut chicken soup, Irish stew, lasagna,
pigs trotters, black sausage, Balmain bugs, pigeon breast, calves liver, baked
brie, feta etc.

JJ
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

suzee wrote:

> I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in a
> restaurant isn't so bad either.

Superb Mexican food can be quite expensive, but the regular person's diet has
some wonderful inventions like the corn tortilla, fresh off the griddle, and
bbq pork cheeks with cilantro and a tiny drop of honey, served with the best
avocados I have ever had, sliced and drizzled with lime juice, with maybe some
potatoes mashed with manchego cheese.

JJ
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>On Feb 10, 3:08*am, Ubiquitous > wrote:

>> Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
>> comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
>> dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
>> archive.

http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

>?!
>
>Why not buy ENCHILADAS?!

And vary from her 70%/30% ration?

--
"Bunny's ability to take ingredients that I love and put them together
into something stomach wrenching is unparalleled." -- bookwirm

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Albert > wrote:

> Rich wrote:
>
> > Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a Chinese
> > or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
> > because they had no choice.

> You do not know anything other than ignorance and bigotry. Almost all great
> food is born of poverty and if it was not for the Mexicans you would not have
> chocolate,

I think the Aztecs would argue that point.

> potatoes,

Chile

> tomatoes,

Aztecs again, but Aztecs from Mexico City. I'll give you that one on a
technicality.

> chile peppers,

Eh. Grows all over, north and south of Mexico.

> sweet corn

Huh? Not even close on that one. That's Native American, from way
north of Mexico.

> anetto.

Okay, you've stumped me there. I don't even know what that is?

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article >,
> Albert > wrote:
>
>> Rich wrote:
>>
>>> Doesn't stop it from being grotesque. I can understand allowing a Chinese
>>> or Indian influence, but Mexican food was born of poverty. People ate it
>>> because they had no choice.

>> You do not know anything other than ignorance and bigotry. Almost all great
>> food is born of poverty and if it was not for the Mexicans you would not have
>> chocolate,

> I think the Aztecs would argue that point.
>
>> potatoes,

> Chile
>
>> tomatoes,

> Aztecs again, but Aztecs from Mexico City. I'll give you that one on a
> technicality.
>
>> chile peppers,

> Eh. Grows all over, north and south of Mexico.
>
>> sweet corn

> Huh? Not even close on that one. That's Native American, from way
> north of Mexico.
>
>> anetto.

> Okay, you've stumped me there. I don't even know what that is?

Misspelled. It's annato.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2009 6:34 PM, Albert wrote:
> suzee wrote:
>
>> I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in
>> a restaurant isn't so bad either.

> Superb Mexican food can be quite expensive, but the regular person's
> diet has some wonderful inventions like the corn tortilla, fresh off the
> griddle, and bbq pork cheeks with cilantro and a tiny drop of honey,
> served with the best avocados I have ever had, sliced and drizzled with
> lime juice, with maybe some potatoes mashed with manchego cheese.
>
> JJ

And Rich's argument is silly anyway. Nothing Sandra Lee does could
remotely be called "mexican cuisine"
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

suzee wrote:

> Misspelled. It's annato.

Depends which country in Central America you live in, I have lived in all but
El Salvador.

JJ
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Anim8rFSK wrote:

> I think the Aztecs would argue that point.

Think geography rather than race and it works.

JJ
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >, suzee >
wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Albert > wrote:

> >> You do not know anything other than ignorance and bigotry. Almost all
> >> great
> >> food is born of poverty and if it was not for the Mexicans you would not
> >> have
> >> chocolate,

> > I think the Aztecs would argue that point.
> >
> >> potatoes,

> > Chile
> >
> >> tomatoes,

> > Aztecs again, but Aztecs from Mexico City. I'll give you that one on a
> > technicality.
> >
> >> chile peppers,

> > Eh. Grows all over, north and south of Mexico.
> >
> >> sweet corn

> > Huh? Not even close on that one. That's Native American, from way
> > north of Mexico.
> >
> >> anetto.

> > Okay, you've stumped me there. I don't even know what that is?

> Misspelled. It's annato.

Ah. Originally from Brazil. Thanks.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ravenlynne > wrote:

> On 2/12/2009 6:34 PM, Albert wrote:
> > suzee wrote:
> >
> >> I happen to like it. The fact that it's fairly cheap to make or buy in
> >> a restaurant isn't so bad either.

> > Superb Mexican food can be quite expensive, but the regular person's
> > diet has some wonderful inventions like the corn tortilla, fresh off the
> > griddle, and bbq pork cheeks with cilantro and a tiny drop of honey,
> > served with the best avocados I have ever had, sliced and drizzled with
> > lime juice, with maybe some potatoes mashed with manchego cheese.
> >
> > JJ

> And Rich's argument is silly anyway. Nothing Sandra Lee does could
> remotely be called "mexican cuisine"

Or "cuisine"

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Albert > wrote:

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > I think the Aztecs would argue that point.

> Think geography rather than race and it works.
>
> JJ

You'll note I gave you one Aztec ingredient from Mexico, but not the
other from farther south.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On 2/19/2009 12:34 AM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:

>>> Superb Mexican food can be quite expensive, but the regular person's
>>> diet has some wonderful inventions like the corn tortilla, fresh off the
>>> griddle, and bbq pork cheeks with cilantro and a tiny drop of honey,
>>> served with the best avocados I have ever had, sliced and drizzled with
>>> lime juice, with maybe some potatoes mashed with manchego cheese.
>>>
>>> JJ

>> And Rich's argument is silly anyway. Nothing Sandra Lee does could
>> remotely be called "mexican cuisine"

> Or "cuisine"

Well, that in quotes was meant to be all inclusive...lol
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote in
:

Speaking of Burritos.........

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/ge...acon_beeri.php

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Kill all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>>On Feb 10, 3:08 am, Ubiquitous > wrote:

>>> Food Network star Sandra Lee shows off her semi-homemade prowess on
>>> comfort food with a Mexican twist on GMA. Check out her Latin-inspired
>>> dishes below and click here for more meal ideas from the "GMA" recipe
>>> archive.

http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

>>?!
>>
>>Why not buy ENCHILADAS?!

> And vary from her 70%/30% ration?
>
> --
> "Bunny's ability to take ingredients that I love and put them together
> into something stomach wrenching is unparalleled." -- bookwirm
>
>>>The funny thing is that over 90% of that recipe is taken off the back of
>>>a package of burritos.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=6795625

>>>?!
>>>Why not buy ENCHILADAS?!

>> And vary from her 70%/30% ration?

>The funny thing is that over 90% of that recipe is taken off the back of
>a package of burritos.

That seems to happen a LOT, doesn't it?