Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soul Food

Many in the African-American community believe that soul food comes
from southern cooking. Slaves were given the scraps of which they
created what is known today as soul food. Some of the most popular
soul food dishes include: greens (mustard, collard, Chinese), red
beans and rice, fried chicken, fried red snapper, fried catfish,
potato salad, etc.
Deserts include: sweet potato pie, peach cobbler, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Many in the African-American community believe that soul food comes
> from southern cooking. Slaves were given the scraps of which they
> created what is known today as soul food. Some of the most popular
> soul food dishes include: greens (mustard, collard, Chinese), red
> beans and rice, fried chicken, fried red snapper, fried catfish,
> potato salad, etc.
> Deserts include: sweet potato pie, peach cobbler, etc.

And your point is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 01:35:50 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>> Many in the African-American community believe that soul food comes
>> from southern cooking. Slaves were given the scraps of which they
>> created what is known today as soul food. Some of the most popular
>> soul food dishes include: greens (mustard, collard, Chinese), red
>> beans and rice, fried chicken, fried red snapper, fried catfish,
>> potato salad, etc.
>> Deserts include: sweet potato pie, peach cobbler, etc.

>And your point is?

somebody is trying to put a thesis together.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:38:31 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

> I still prefer rashers
>of sliced, smoked hog jowls rather than bacon.

Wow! Where do you live now?

Mae West

Soul Food Lunch Tara General Cooking 25 02-03-2014 02:59 AM
Best soul food recipes... askMe General Cooking 0 14-02-2006 06:44 PM
Soul Food Switch General Cooking 80 12-02-2006 08:31 PM
soul food [email protected] General Cooking 4 11-02-2005 10:51 PM