Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Byerly's Wild Rice Soup

Everyone who's tried this has loved it. Byerly's is a Twin Cities,
upper crust supermarket. They serve this soup at thier soup and salad
bar, and it's available, frozen, in a lot of area stores. Homemade is
still the best.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Byerly's Wild Rice Soup

Recipe By :Byerly's
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Soups

6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked wild rice -- (1/2 cup raw)
1/2 cup carrots -- finely grated
1/3 cup minced ham
3 tablespoons slivered almonds -- chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces half and half
2 tablespoons dry sherry -- optional

In large saucepan, melt butter; satué onion until tender. Blend in
flour; gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture
comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in rice, carrots, ham,
almonds and salt; simmer about 5 minutes. Blend in half-and-half and
sherry; heat to serving temperature.

Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.

Cuisine:
"American - Midwest"
Yield:
"6 cups"

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 11, 10:24*am, Damsel in dis Dress >
wrote:
> * * * * * * * * * * * * *Byerly's Wild Rice Soup ...snip

I can certainly give opinion here, my grandaughter and I made a
double. She comes now and then to spend a day with me, and we either
cook or go shopping. This was a cooking day, and I sent the child
home with 3 quarts of this very good soup. Easy enough to make, and
delicious!
....Picky