Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Finally did it!

Okay folks,

I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
afternoon.

The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
hope to get to that point soon.

And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
are here in rfc. But, it's a start.

Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
fill out a few more things and tweak some others.

And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
Darn.

This is just the birth.

And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.

I hope I can make her proud someday.

http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> This is just the birth.
>
> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.

Bless you Christine..

> I hope I can make her proud someday.

Of course you will.

> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

saved m'dear!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.
>
> The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
> hope to get to that point soon.
>
> And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
> are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
>
> Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
> fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
>
> And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
> Darn.
>
> This is just the birth.
>
> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
> I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>
> Christine

Very nice blog, and a loving tribute to Kili. I'm glad you got it "up and
running" at this time, and I'll keep checking back for more recipes. (Hint:
I am diabetic and would love to see some low-carb recipes.)

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:52:40 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:

>> I hope I can make her proud someday.

>Of course you will.
>
>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>saved m'dear!

Oh dear. I am seeing all sorts of things that need to be worked on
now. Like the size of the text, and the funny lines at the bottom.
Couldn't see how it would finally turn out when I was working on it,
as far as the funny lines and how the text size would look.

Oh well..I will tweak it some more later today. And possibly have
another post or two, of my New Year's goodies...

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 02:46:49p, Christine Dabney told us...

> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.

Well, it's about time!

> The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
> hope to get to that point soon.
>
> And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
> are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
>
> Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
> fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
>
> And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
> Darn.
>
> This is just the birth.

Well, you're the night nurse. Fix that baby!

> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
> I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>
> Christine

FWIW, Christine, I think you did a fantastic job!!! Looking forward to
seeing more.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
8hrs 59mins
You can't go home again, unless you set $HOME.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:00:38 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

>Very nice blog, and a loving tribute to Kili. I'm glad you got it "up and
>running" at this time, and I'll keep checking back for more recipes. (Hint:
>I am diabetic and would love to see some low-carb recipes.)
>
>MaryL

The focus isn't really low carb, Mary, although there will probably be
occasional things that fit the bill. I am still going to focus on my
original intent to have it mostly to do with shopping, cooking and
eating well on a budget.

However, I did decide to give myself a bit more leeway in that
regards, so I wouldn't feel guilty posting about "treats" or whatever
I feel like at the time. Like NY's. I might make one of the crab
dishes I see posted, and the crab will not be as cheap as I usually
go.

Plus, I truly am a nightowl.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:03:22 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>FWIW, Christine, I think you did a fantastic job!!! Looking forward to
>seeing more.

Thanks!

Makes me wish I knew how to do that HTML stuff. I was trying to get
the post published, and it kept on coming up with these "errors", of
which I have absolutely no clue. I kept on trying to edit them..and I
think it turned out just okay.

But in general, it is very easy!!!

I might become a real blogposting fool!!! LOL.

Now I want all these contraptions...like the tripod thingie that Koko
has, and this light setup for taking better pictures...and a plain
backdrop. I have been reading about those on various blogs, and it
seems to really help with the pictures.

Christine, getting ready to go get some crab.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:52:40 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> I hope I can make her proud someday.

>> Of course you will.
>>
>>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>> saved m'dear!
>>

> Oh dear. I am seeing all sorts of things that need to be worked on
> now. Like the size of the text, and the funny lines at the bottom.
> Couldn't see how it would finally turn out when I was working on it,
> as far as the funny lines and how the text size would look.
>
> Oh well..I will tweak it some more later today. And possibly have
> another post or two, of my New Year's goodies...
>
> Christine

Looks great to me.

This was a loving tribute to Kili, that was very thoughtful of you. Nice
pics, too.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:13:03 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Makes me wish I knew how to do that HTML stuff. I was trying to get
>the post published, and it kept on coming up with these "errors", of
>which I have absolutely no clue. I kept on trying to edit them..and I
>think it turned out just okay.

If you compose in Word and paste to Blogger, you get HTML error
messages. Word embeds a buncha code into the text that carries
forward when copied and pasted.

>I might become a real blogposting fool!!! LOL.
>
>Now I want all these contraptions...like the tripod thingie that Koko
>has, and this light setup for taking better pictures...and a plain
>backdrop. I have been reading about those on various blogs, and it
>seems to really help with the pictures.
>
>Christine, getting ready to go get some crab.

Looking forward to your next posting!
--

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 03:13:03p, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:03:22 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>

>>FWIW, Christine, I think you did a fantastic job!!! Looking forward to
>>seeing more.

> Thanks!
>
> Makes me wish I knew how to do that HTML stuff. I was trying to get
> the post published, and it kept on coming up with these "errors", of
> which I have absolutely no clue. I kept on trying to edit them..and I
> think it turned out just okay.

I'm sure you'll pick a lot of that up as you go along.

> But in general, it is very easy!!!
>
> I might become a real blogposting fool!!! LOL.

I understand it's addictive. <g>

> Now I want all these contraptions...like the tripod thingie that Koko
> has, and this light setup for taking better pictures...and a plain
> backdrop. I have been reading about those on various blogs, and it
> seems to really help with the pictures.

Yep, I can see you're on your way. <g>

> Christine, getting ready to go get some crab.

Crab sounds good. Wish I had some for the weekend, but I probably won't.
I'll make do with fresh shrimp.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
8hrs 18mins
'Doctor, are you aware that everyone is behaving strangely?'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>
> Christine

Great name, Christine! Conga rats!
Thank you for including mine on your blog list. IBeHonored.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.
>
> The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> to undergo.

"The journey of a mhousand miles begins with the first step."

Nice first step.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:49 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
>and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
>the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
>post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
>I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
>http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

It's great, Chris! What a lovely tribute.

Carol

--
Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:49 -0700, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>>And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
>>and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
>>the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
>>post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>>
>>I hope I can make her proud someday.
>>
>>http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

> It's great, Chris! What a lovely tribute.

I particularly like the name "nightstirrings."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:00:55 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:52:40 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> I hope I can make her proud someday.

>>Of course you will.
>>
>>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>>saved m'dear!
>>

>Oh dear. I am seeing all sorts of things that need to be worked on
>now. Like the size of the text, and the funny lines at the bottom.
>Couldn't see how it would finally turn out when I was working on it,
>as far as the funny lines and how the text size would look.
>
>Oh well..I will tweak it some more later today. And possibly have
>another post or two, of my New Year's goodies...
>
>Christine

Trust me, a blog is always being worked on. It will evolve into what
you envisioned it to be, but by then your vision would have changed
and off you go again. ;-)
There is so much I want to do to mine also.

By dedicating it to Christy you gave it a soul and life. Good on you.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 12/30

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.

<snip>
> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
> I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

Looking forward for more to come.

Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:39:56 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:13:03 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>If you compose in Word and paste to Blogger, you get HTML error
>messages. Word embeds a buncha code into the text that carries
>forward when copied and pasted.

I found that if you write it in Notepad and then transfer, that code
from Word doesn't screw up things.

>>I might become a real blogposting fool!!! LOL.
>>
>>Now I want all these contraptions...like the tripod thingie that Koko
>>has, and this light setup for taking better pictures...and a plain
>>backdrop. I have been reading about those on various blogs, and it
>>seems to really help with the pictures.
>>
>>Christine, getting ready to go get some crab.

>Looking forward to your next posting!

It's a very nice looking Blog! Congratulations Christine.

aloha,
Cea
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:49 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Okay folks,
>
>I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
>afternoon.
>
>The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
>to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
>hope to get to that point soon.
>
>And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
>are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
>
>Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
>fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
>
>And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
>Darn.
>
>This is just the birth.
>
>And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
>and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
>the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
>post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
>I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
>http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

Yay! You might want to change to a larger font size or a more
contrasty font... it's a little hard to read on that green background.
But the content is great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:39:56 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> wrote:

>If you compose in Word and paste to Blogger, you get HTML error
>messages. Word embeds a buncha code into the text that carries
>forward when copied and pasted.

No, I composed in the blogging software, except for the recipe from
Kili. Maybe that was it. I will have to be careful, I guess.

>Looking forward to your next posting!

Thanks!! I think of that as a real compliment!!! You are one of my rfc
heroes..

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:46:19 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Christine Dabney > wrote:
>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Christine

>Great name, Christine! Conga rats!
>Thank you for including mine on your blog list. IBeHonored.

How could I not?

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:15:50 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>I particularly like the name "nightstirrings."

Thank Lin for that!! She was the one who thought of that..and it
seemed to fit!! The rest was mine..for some reason, Natterings seemed
to just want to be there along with it..LOL.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:46:47 -0800, koko > wrote:

>Trust me, a blog is always being worked on. It will evolve into what
>you envisioned it to be, but by then your vision would have changed
>and off you go again. ;-)
>There is so much I want to do to mine also.

You are one of my inspirations too!! I want that tripod thing you
have...can you point me in that direction? And I may bug you, cause I
have all sorts of things I am trying to figure out.

>By dedicating it to Christy you gave it a soul and life. Good on you.

Thanks. It just seemed so right.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:41:25 -0500, Kajikit >
wrote:

>Yay! You might want to change to a larger font size or a more
>contrasty font... it's a little hard to read on that green background.
>But the content is great.

Yeah, I think so too. One of the things I need to play around with.
Might get it done tonight.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:02:59 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:49 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>
>>And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
>>and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
>>the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
>>post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>>
>>I hope I can make her proud someday.
>>
>>http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>It's great, Chris! What a lovely tribute.
>
>Carol

Thank you!!!

I may have more recipes to honor Kili. I keep on thinking of one but
right now, my mind is drawing a blank. Maybe it was the spinach
balls she posted. I might be trying that..

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, stancole1
@yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER says...

> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> > Okay folks,
> >
> > I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> > afternoon.
> >
> > The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> > to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
> > hope to get to that point soon.
> >
> > And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
> > are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
> >
> > Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
> > fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
> >
> > And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
> > Darn.
> >
> > This is just the birth.
> >
> > And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> > and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> > the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> > post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
> >
> > I hope I can make her proud someday.
> >
> > http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Christine

> Very nice blog, and a loving tribute to Kili. I'm glad you got it "up and
> running" at this time, and I'll keep checking back for more recipes. (Hint:
> I am diabetic and would love to see some low-carb recipes.)
>
> MaryL

One of the keys to blogging is to write about those things you're truly
passionate about. Mine tends to be more about civil rights and politics,
as well as energy, computers etc.

http://truthspew.wordpress.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:46:49 -0700, Christine Dabney
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>Okay folks,
>
>I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
>afternoon.

Very nice, Christine! Bravo!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:25:57 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:46:47 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

>>Trust me, a blog is always being worked on. It will evolve into what
>>you envisioned it to be, but by then your vision would have changed
>>and off you go again. ;-)
>>There is so much I want to do to mine also.

>You are one of my inspirations too!!

I appreciate that but I'm just a small fish in the big blog pond.

Your wish is my command. http://www.joby.com/

>And I may bug you, cause I have all sorts of things I am trying to figure out.

Not bugging at all, I'm more than happy to help. You know my e-mail so
bug me ;-)

>>By dedicating it to Christy you gave it a soul and life. Good on you.

>Thanks. It just seemed so right.
>
>Christine

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 12/30
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:24:41 -0800, koko > wrote:

>I appreciate that but I'm just a small fish in the big blog pond.

Ohmygosh I so know that well!! I read so many blogs myself...and I am
taking bits and pieces of the best from here and there. I am so very
tiny fish if you are just small fish!!!

>>I want that tripod thing you have...can you point me in that direction?

>Your wish is my command. http://www.joby.com/

Oooh, I am gonna order it, I think. Plus either that photoshop in a
box, or the lights with the background.. You know of what I speak?
Those things are HOT!!

>Not bugging at all, I'm more than happy to help. You know my e-mail so
>bug me ;-)

Yeah, and in chat too. Now trying to figure out how to edit my post,
since Goomba pointed out a grammatical error. Having problems with
that.

Come chat!

Christine

>>>By dedicating it to Christy you gave it a soul and life. Good on you.

>>Thanks. It just seemed so right.
>>
>>Christine

>koko
>There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
>www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
>updated 12/30

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:52:40 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> I hope I can make her proud someday.

>> Of course you will.
>>
>>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>> saved m'dear!
>>

> Oh dear. I am seeing all sorts of things that need to be worked on
> now. Like the size of the text, and the funny lines at the bottom.
> Couldn't see how it would finally turn out when I was working on it,
> as far as the funny lines and how the text size would look.
>
> Oh well..I will tweak it some more later today. And possibly have
> another post or two, of my New Year's goodies...

It looks great to me Anyway, how can anything done with so much love have
problems like text size

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:10:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>It looks great to me Anyway, how can anything done with so much love have
>problems like text size

Believe me, one can. I have adjusted it a bit..not sure if it is
better or not. Maybe easier to read?

I just want to do the best that I can. No matter if it is with love
or not.

I am not even close yet.

But thanks for your words of encouragement...they help me from getting
discouraged.

Damsel became a follower of my blog. It will help keep me honest.
Join her? Keep me honest...LOL. I want to live up to what I intend
with this blog...whatever it is.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:41:25 -0500, Kajikit >
> wrote:
>

>>Yay! You might want to change to a larger font size or a more
>>contrasty font... it's a little hard to read on that green background.
>>But the content is great.

> Yeah, I think so too. One of the things I need to play around with.
> Might get it done tonight.
>
> Christine

As a fellow night worker and nurse I just had to become a follower!
Looks great.

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Chris!

Very nicely done (even if you did use cabbage in your first recipe...
<just kidding>).

BTW, Love the name of the blog, and what a great tribute to Christy. I
think she would have indeed been proud.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Looks good. May this be the first in a long line of informative posts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.
>
> The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
> hope to get to that point soon.
>
> And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
> are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
>
> Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
> fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
>
> And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
> Darn.
>
> This is just the birth.
>
> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
> I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>
> Christine

I think that's a fine blog, Christine! Congratulations!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, artisan2
@ix.netcom.com says...
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:24:41 -0800, koko > wrote:
>

> >I appreciate that but I'm just a small fish in the big blog pond.

> Ohmygosh I so know that well!! I read so many blogs myself...and I am
> taking bits and pieces of the best from here and there. I am so very
> tiny fish if you are just small fish!!!
> >
> >>I want that tripod thing you have...can you point me in that direction?

> >Your wish is my command. http://www.joby.com/

> Oooh, I am gonna order it, I think. Plus either that photoshop in a
> box, or the lights with the background.. You know of what I speak?
> Those things are HOT!!

I had a gooseneck laying around with the 1/4 x 20 screw at one end, and
a screw and nut on the other. It was originally for a bar code scanner.

I had an empty peanut container that I filled with rice for ballast. I
need to do something a bit more dense though. But it's functional for
stable photography.

I also have a cheapie Sears tripod that goes from 2.5' to 6.5'. That
works very well since the Sanyo Xacti is a very lightweight camera.

As for lighting, standard utility lamps work well. You can lay tissue,
paper, light white cardboard over them to mute the light somewhat and
you can even use aluminum foil as reflectors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:15:50 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> The rest was mine..for some reason, Natterings seemed
> to just want to be there along with it..LOL.

Another excellent term.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> Okay folks,
>
> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
> afternoon.
>
> The blog is still in it's infancy and still has a lot of development
> to undergo. It is nowhere near as polished as Koko's blog, although I
> hope to get to that point soon.
>
> And the pictures are nowhere near as good as hers or as some of yours
> are here in rfc. But, it's a start.
>
> Eventually, I will have an illustration up there in my title, and will
> fill out a few more things and tweak some others.
>
> And there looks like there is a small section that I need to fix.
> Darn.
>
> This is just the birth.
>
> And because she was such an enthusiastic believer in me doing a blog,
> and even was interested in contributing to it as well, I am dedicating
> the blog to Christy. She was "standing" over me as I wrote the first
> post, and as I got the inspiration for it, I truly believe.
>
> I hope I can make her proud someday.
>
> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/
>
> Christine

It's a good start. :-) I hope it works out for you in the long run...
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:56:19 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Okay folks,
>>
>> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog this
>> afternoon.
>>
>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>Congratulations Chris!
>
>Very nicely done (even if you did use cabbage in your first recipe...
><just kidding>).
>
>BTW, Love the name of the blog, and what a great tribute to Christy. I
>think she would have indeed been proud.

I think she *is* proud. She's just watching from another place. IMO

Carol

--
Change JamesBond to his agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Yeah, and in chat too. Now trying to figure out how to edit my post,
> since Goomba pointed out a grammatical error. Having problems with
> that.
>
> Come chat!
>
> Christine

You sound like a fun person in the kitchen and you have a passion for
cooking. Who cares if there is a grammatical error or a dangling
participle. It certainly will not detract from your credibility as a
cook and a bona fide foodie. Your blog is fun, so just enjoy it, I know
I will. Thanks!

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:56:19 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>>Christine Dabney wrote:
>>
>>> Okay folks,
>>>
>>> I finally did it. I just published the first post of my new blog
>>> this afternoon.
>>>
>>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com/

>>Congratulations Chris!
>>
>>Very nicely done (even if you did use cabbage in your first recipe...
>><just kidding>).
>>
>>BTW, Love the name of the blog, and what a great tribute to Christy. I
>>think she would have indeed been proud.

> I think she *is* proud. She's just watching from another place. IMO
>
> Carol

Can't argue with that.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Finally? cshenk General Cooking 0 12-10-2008 02:11 AM
Finally going to the CIA Steve Calvin General Cooking 5 25-10-2004 06:56 PM