Steve Calvin

Default Finally going to the CIA

Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to
the conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
American Bounty restaurant.
http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html
--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.

kilikini

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to
> the conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
> America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
> there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
> years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
> just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
> American Bounty restaurant.
> http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html
> --
> Steve
>
> Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
> Autograph your work with excellence.

Yay! I used to pass that all the time on my way to Poughkeepsie. My
ex-husband's brother went there. Have a great meal and tell us all about
it, please.

kili

Felice Friese

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to the
> conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
> America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
> there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
> years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
> just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
> American Bounty restaurant.
> http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html
> --
> Steve
>
> Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
> Autograph your work with excellence.

Felice Friese

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to the
> conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
> America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
> there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
> years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
> just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
> American Bounty restaurant.
> http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html
> --
> Steve
>
> Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
> Autograph your work with excellence.

Oh, the memories! We moved out of range years ago but I still recall some
wonderful meals at the CIA. One of our best experiences was a late dinner on
a night before they were to be closed the next day, when the waiters gave us
a box full of pastries that were not going to be held over. Enjoy, and
report.

Felice

Felice Friese

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to the
> conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
> America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
> there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
> years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
> just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
> American Bounty restaurant.
> http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html
> --
> Steve
>
> Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
> Autograph your work with excellence.

Oh, the memories! We moved out of range years ago but I still recall some
wonderful meals at the CIA. One of our best experiences was a late dinner on
a night before they were to be closed the next day, when the waiters gave us
a box full of pastries that were not going to be held over. Enjoy, and
report.

Felice

Steve B.

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Well, after living in the Mid-Hudson Valley for 31 years we've come to
> the conclusion that we should have dinner at the Culinary Institute of
> America. It's a whooping 5 miles from our house and we've never been
> there for dinner. So this Friday a group of us (all from the Valley for
> years and none of us has been there) are going to go check it out. I'm
> just hoping that it's as good as it's said to be. We're going to the
> American Bounty restaurant.
> http://www.ciachef.edu/restaurants/bounty/index.html

ENJOY! We have a similar experience annually at Stratford, ONT, where
the Stratford Chefs School uses two local restaurants, Rundels and The
Old Prune, as training locations. While the restaurants are not owned
by the school, they are an integral part of the chefs program, and the
food is excellent.

Steve
--
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff