Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Origin labelling

Hello All!

Quoted without comment except to say that origin labelling seems to
being done in my supermarket.

California Navel Oranges
4 for $3
Product of West Africa

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Quoted without comment except to say that origin labelling seems to
> being done in my supermarket.
>
> California Navel Oranges
> 4 for $3
> Product of West Africa

Oh, and interesting. I didn't know we were getting such produce
from Africa!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"James Silverton" > wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> Quoted without comment except to say that origin labelling seems to
> being done in my supermarket.
>
> California Navel Oranges
> 4 for $3
> Product of West Africa

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

I've heard there's now a law about that? Do you know the requirements?
The sticker labels on each piece of fruit (bulk service, at least) bear
the country, I think ‹ my Dole bananas' stickers say Honduras in
teenytiney print. The crates of fruit say where they're from. That's
been the case for as long as I can remember. Do you have a pointer to
the particulars of the law? I'm curious. Thanks.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Wine labelling graham Wine 3 02-03-2013 08:35 PM
disturbing ice cream labelling Mark Thorson General Cooking 8 16-07-2011 04:03 AM
Food labelling law James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 19 02-10-2008 05:44 PM
Australian [and internationl too I guess] labelling regulations [85%] Mat Wine 14 12-03-2005 03:19 PM
New labelling rules in Canada Michel Boucher General Cooking 34 04-10-2004 02:49 AM