Thomas Spycher

Default Looking for recipes (Hot n' spicy Food)

For a special dinner, i am looking for recipes for real hot and spicy food.
(Anything from appetizers, fish, entrees to desserts)

I would greatly appreciate any mails from you.

thomas from switzerland

Victor Sack

Thomas Spycher > wrote:

> For a special dinner, i am looking for recipes for real hot and spicy food.
> (Anything from appetizers, fish, entrees to desserts)

Here is a recipe for a very spicy Korean soup from
<http://www.ssoft.co.kr/Cuisine/koreafood/k_3.htm>.

Victor

Spicy Beef Soup
Yukkaejang

Ingredients

1/2 Ib. beef
1/2 Ib. tripe
1/2Ib small beef intestine
1/3 Ib. fern bracken
4 large green onions,
black pepper
MSG
seasoning sauce:
(3 tbsp. red pepper paste, 9 cloves garlic, 5 tbsp. sesame salt, sesame
oil, 4 tbsp. red pepper powder, 4 tbsp. salad oil)
15 cups broth

Method

1. Wash the beef.

2. Wash and soak the tripe in hot water. Then scrape off the black skin
with the back of a knife.

3. Remove any fat from the small intestine and cut in into pieces. Wash
the pieces clean scrubbing with coarse salt.

4. Simmer the beef, tripe and small intestine in 30 cups of water for 2
hours until very tender.

5. Shred the beef into thick strips. Cut the tripe into pieces 2 3/4"
long and 1/4" wide. Cut the small intestine into bite-sized pieces.

6. Clean the bracken and green onions and cut them into 4 3/4" lengths.

7. Put the above ingredients (except the green onions) in a bowl and mix
them with the seasoning sauce.

8. Mix and fry the oil and red pepper powder in a pan to make the red
pepper oil.

9. Add the #7 seasoned ingredients and 15 cups of the broth to the pan
and bring to a boil. Add the green onion slices and boil slightly
again.