Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default garlic agida resolved

finally figured a way to use the smaller pieces of garlic in a clove--
pulsed in food processor ( chopped) intact--placed in cup of water--
peels floated to top--removed with fork ( used as strainer) and that
was it
tia
peter
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ilaboo wrote:

> finally figured a way to use the smaller pieces of garlic in a clove--

The small pieces of garlic ARE the cloves. The bulb as a whole is
called a 'head'.

> pulsed in food processor ( chopped) intact--placed in cup of water--
> peels floated to top--removed with fork ( used as strainer) and that
> was it

Way too complicated and messy. Crush gently with side of knife and
remove skin. Viola: Garlic.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> ilaboo wrote:
>
>> finally figured a way to use the smaller pieces of garlic in a clove--

> The small pieces of garlic ARE the cloves. The bulb as a whole is called
> a 'head'.
>
>> pulsed in food processor ( chopped) intact--placed in cup of water--
>> peels floated to top--removed with fork ( used as strainer) and that
>> was it

> Way too complicated and messy. Crush gently with side of knife and remove
> skin. Viola: Garlic.

ilaboo is talking about those tiny cloves. The little ones barely worth
peeling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> ilaboo wrote:
>>
>>> finally figured a way to use the smaller pieces of garlic in a clove--

>> The small pieces of garlic ARE the cloves. The bulb as a whole is called
>> a 'head'.
>>
>>> pulsed in food processor ( chopped) intact--placed in cup of water--
>>> peels floated to top--removed with fork ( used as strainer) and that
>>> was it

>> Way too complicated and messy. Crush gently with side of knife and remove
>> skin. Viola: Garlic.
>>

> ilaboo is talking about those tiny cloves. The little ones barely worth
> peeling.

If they're that small, then they're not worth using. If you have enough
to justify using the food processor on them, then you'll have more big
cloves available as well.

Throw the damn things away - garlic is cheap.

Even if I need to use *all* the garlic for something, I'd still use the
patended knife-smash over a dman food processor and then diluting them
with water.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> ilaboo wrote:
>
> > finally figured a way to use the smaller pieces of garlic in a clove--

> The small pieces of garlic ARE the cloves. The bulb as a whole is
> called a 'head'.
>
> > pulsed in food processor ( chopped) intact--placed in cup of water--
> > peels floated to top--removed with fork ( used as strainer) and that
> > was it

> Way too complicated and messy. Crush gently with side of knife and
> remove skin. Viola: Garlic.

Sometimes I use a garlic press when I want garlic. They will generally
take unpeeled cloves. To make sure, you can cut off the very top and
cut in half. The peel stays in the press and can be scraped out with a
very dull table knife.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA