Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carrot Cake Recipe Redux

Does anyone here have a tasty carrot cake recipe WITHOUT
(yucky) coconut as an ingredient?

FWIW, I like the flavor of coconut but not the texture.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Does anyone here have a tasty carrot cake recipe WITHOUT
> (yucky) coconut as an ingredient?
>
> FWIW, I like the flavor of coconut but not the texture.
>
> gloria p

This one doesn't have coconut.
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/c...se_icing.p hp

You can also just leave it out of any carrot cake recipe and increase the
carrots by that much.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:33:41 -0500, Ms P wrote:

> "Gloria P" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Does anyone here have a tasty carrot cake recipe WITHOUT
>> (yucky) coconut as an ingredient?
>>
>> FWIW, I like the flavor of coconut but not the texture.
>>
>> gloria p

> This one doesn't have coconut.
> http://www.canadianliving.com/food/c...se_icing.p hp
>
> You can also just leave it out of any carrot cake recipe and increase the
> carrots by that much.
>
> Ms P

i'm not a carrot cake connoisseur, but do *most* of them have coconut?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> i'm not a carrot cake connoisseur, but do *most* of them have coconut?
>
> your pal,
> blake

I would have said that having coconut in a carrot cake was most unusual....