Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ezekiel Bread

Who loves it? Who hates it?

Certainly sounds healthful.

I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
so I am the owner of some again.

Certainly sounds healthful.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.
>
> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
> so I am the owner of some again.
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.
>

> --
> Blinky

My dad used to eat it because it didn't impact his BG levels very much...but
now that he can't have seeds or nuts, he's more limited. He did like it
quite a bit, particularly toasted with smart balance and sliced tomato

kimberly
--
http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 20 Sep 2008 02:25:11p, Blinky the Shark told us...

> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.
>
> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
> so I am the owner of some again.
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.

I've never heard of it. I suppose I could Google for it. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 09(IX)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
7wks 2dys 8hrs 29mins
LSD melts in your mind, not in your hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news

> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.
>
> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
> so I am the owner of some again.
>
> Certainly sounds healthful.
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
> Need a new news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

Would you mind saving me a trip?

What is the carb count per slice?

Thanks

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>
>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>
>> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
>> so I am the owner of some again.
>>
>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>

>> --
>> Blinky
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
>> Need a new news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

> Would you mind saving me a trip?
>
> What is the carb count per slice?

The numbers:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...iel-43A9-bread

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:31:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sat 20 Sep 2008 02:25:11p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>

>> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>
>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>
>> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
>> so I am the owner of some again.
>>
>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>

>I've never heard of it. I suppose I could Google for it. :-)

Me either. When I saw the subject header, I thought it was another
name for "friendship" bread.

Looking up the recipe, IMO things that don't belong in bread are in
it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 20 Sep 2008 04:59:24p, told us...

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:31:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sat 20 Sep 2008 02:25:11p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>>

>>> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>
>>> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf

today,
>>> so I am the owner of some again.
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>

>>I've never heard of it. I suppose I could Google for it. :-)

> Me either. When I saw the subject header, I thought it was another
> name for "friendship" bread.
>
> Looking up the recipe, IMO things that don't belong in bread are in
> it.

I looked, too. I agree. At least it doesn't have HFCS in it. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 09(IX)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
7wks 2dys 5hrs 46mins
Black Holes were created when God
divided by zero.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sat 20 Sep 2008 04:59:24p, told us...
>
>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:31:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat 20 Sep 2008 02:25:11p, Blinky the Shark told us...

> today,

>>>I've never heard of it. I suppose I could Google for it. :-)

>> Me either. When I saw the subject header, I thought it was another
>> name for "friendship" bread.
>>
>> Looking up the recipe, IMO things that don't belong in bread are in
>> it.

> I looked, too. I agree. At least it doesn't have HFCS in it. :-)

Or condensed soup.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:25:11 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Who loves it? Who hates it?
>
>Certainly sounds healthful.
>
>I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
>so I am the owner of some again.
>
>Certainly sounds healthful.

For my taste it's delicious.
I was in TJ's today and noticed they make tortillas also. 5 gm fiber
each. Didn't notice carbs.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/20
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>On Sat 20 Sep 2008 02:25:11p, Blinky the Shark told
>us...
>Who loves it? Who hates it?
>Certainly sounds healthful.
>I've had it and I can take it or leave
>it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today, so I
>am the owner of some again.
>Certainly sounds healthful.
>I've never heard of it. I suppose I could Google
>for it. :-)
>Me either. When I saw the subject header, I thought
>it was another name for "friendship" bread.
>Looking up the recipe, IMO things that don't belong in
>bread are in it.
>I looked, too. I agree. At least it doesn't have
>HFCS in it. :-)
>--
>**************************Wayne

Boatwright

I've been eating Ezekiel brand bread for a couple years now mainly for
breakfast with smart balance & egg beaters & it has done wonders keeping
my BG'S normal till lunch as in past breakfast was the worst offender in
spiking a lot of diabetics.

I only buy the plain & keep it in the freezer then pull out a slice in
morning if am having it that day.
Toasting is only method I'll fix it as did try it one time at room
temperature, nasty tasting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>
>>> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
>>> so I am the owner of some again.
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Blinky
>>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>>> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
>>> Need a new news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

>> Would you mind saving me a trip?
>>
>> What is the carb count per slice?

> The numbers:
>
> http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...iel-43A9-bread

DH does a lot better with Mrs. Baird's Double Fiber bread. 60 calories
per slice. 13g of carbs and 5 grams of fiber making a net of 8 grams of
carbs per slice. 2 slices are a whole 16 grams of carbs so he can have
a sandwich for lunch. He likes the taste, too.

There are other breads with low carb counts. Read labels.

As for the gylcemic index business, it never worked for him. His body
processes a carb as a carb.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:25:11 -0700, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>

>>Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>
>>Certainly sounds healthful.
>>
>>I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf today,
>>so I am the owner of some again.
>>
>>Certainly sounds healthful.

> For my taste it's delicious.
> I was in TJ's today and noticed they make tortillas also. 5 gm fiber
> each. Didn't notice carbs.

I looked them up today, and they make all kinds of stuff that I didn't
know about. Muffins, cereals, pasta...

Scroll down. http://www.foodforlife.com/our-products.html

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Totally ****ed up quoting and attribution. ****ing WebTV crap.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Dimitri wrote:
>

>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> Who loves it? Who hates it?
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>
>>> I've had it and I can take it or leave it, but it was $1.29 a loaf
>>> today,
>>> so I am the owner of some again.
>>>
>>> Certainly sounds healthful.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Blinky
>>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>>> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
>>> Need a new news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

>> Would you mind saving me a trip?
>>
>> What is the carb count per slice?

> The numbers:
>
> http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...iel-43A9-bread
>

> --
> Blinky

18 - 2 = 16 grams net. No savings in a low carb.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> Dimitri wrote:
>>

>>> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>>

>>> Would you mind saving me a trip?
>>>
>>> What is the carb count per slice?

>> The numbers:
>>
>> http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutriti...iel-43A9-bread
>>

>> --
>> Blinky

> 18 - 2 = 16 grams net. No savings in a low carb.

Not surprising, given the ingredients, I think.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Ezekiel Bread Faith C Recipes (moderated) 0 07-12-2007 10:06 PM
Ezekiel 21:22 [email protected] General Cooking 0 01-11-2007 08:09 AM
Ezekiel Bread karl Historic 4 04-10-2007 04:20 PM
Sourdough bread and the bread machine dough cycle Russell Fletcher Sourdough 12 03-01-2007 08:04 PM
need quick bread recipe - apple cinnamon bread Jude General Cooking 0 11-12-2005 04:09 PM