Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's some weirdness

According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:

The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight of 2
Boeing 747's per year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>
> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight of 2
> Boeing 747's per year.

No wonder their buns are so heavy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>
> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight of
> 2 Boeing 747's per year.

Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>>
>> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight
>> of 2 Boeing 747's per year.

> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.

Probably some engineer with a 100K degree.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck said...

> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>
> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight
> of 2 Boeing 747's per year.

Pretty vague factoid!

So... McD's cuts back or increases sesame seeds to their buns during the
course of the year, based on sales so they'll have used two 747's weight
worth of sesame seeds per year?!?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>>
>> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight
>> of 2 Boeing 747's per year.

> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.

cybercat,

Serious McD muchies too!

I was creating my post when you made yours. Crazy, the stuff they try to
slip past folks.

Modern Factoid Marvels is more like it!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>>> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>>>
>>> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight
>>> of 2 Boeing 747's per year.

>> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.
>>

> Probably some engineer with a 100K degree.

Who can afford the really good weed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> "Kswck" > wrote in message

weight

>>> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.
>>>

>> Probably some engineer with a 100K degree.

> Who can afford the really good weed.

Probably some engineer with a 100K degree?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...

> Modern Factoid Marvels is more like it!

McFactoid Marvels(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>
>> Modern Factoid Marvels is more like it!
>>

> McFactoid Marvels(tm)

<VBG> Run with it, Cheryl! ))

<smootch>

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>>
>> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight of
>> 2 Boeing 747's per year.

> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.

Why, what is amazing about a simple calculation? From all the flying I
did I remember that the maximum takeoff weigh of a 747-400 (the latest
version and what most people think of as a 747) is around 850,000
pounds. I quick search tells me it is 875,000 pounds. Then all I would
need to do is look at an annual report etc that will likely tell me the
amount of seeds used or even weigh a sample and deduce the total from
sales figures.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>>> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>>>
>>> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight
>>> of 2 Boeing 747's per year.

>> Somebody had to be smoking some serious weed to come up with this.

> Why, what is amazing about a simple calculation? From all the flying I did
> I remember that the maximum takeoff weigh of a 747-400 (the latest version
> and what most people think of as a 747) is around 850,000 pounds. I quick
> search tells me it is 875,000 pounds. Then all I would need to do is look
> at an annual report etc that will likely tell me the amount of seeds used
> or even weigh a sample and deduce the total from sales figures.

God Loves and Engineer.

God knows somebody has to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck > wrote:

> According to Modern Marvels-Fast Food Tech:
>
> The amount of sesame seeds used on McDonald's buns equate to the weight of 2
> Boeing 747's per year.

Most of them end up it the bottom of the bags that the buns are
shipped to the store in.

Here's another fact: Smithfield pork farms produce enough pig shit
in a year to fill two Yankee stadiums.

-sw

Weirdness Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 03-03-2016 03:21 PM
Potato weirdness Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 14 01-09-2015 08:38 PM
Googlegroup weirdness Sal Paradise General Cooking 0 02-08-2015 08:31 PM
Googlegroup weirdness Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal General Cooking 0 02-08-2015 08:25 PM
Hints, please, and some weirdness... Ian Hayward Wine 3 10-06-2004 10:01 PM