Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast Try Outs!

Breakfast Try Outs!

Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked loaf
of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water.

Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
thinking?

Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
> loaf
> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water.
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
> thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Brand new recipe this morning. Zucchine Breakfast Bread, which is not
sweet, but has cheeses and a bit of chili pepper in it. It's very dense and
moist. I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked it.
--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com/thinkonit/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote:
> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall
> glass of ice water.
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What
> WAS I thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a glass
of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with food" -
I'm not hungry!)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Andy <q> wrote:
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall
>> glass of ice water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What
>> WAS I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a

glass
> of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with food" -
> I'm not hungry!)
>
> Jill

Jill,

Yeah, it should say "take with alcohol"

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 04:27:25a, Giusi told us...

> "Andy" <q> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass
>> of ice water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>> I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Brand new recipe this morning. Zucchine Breakfast Bread, which is not
> sweet, but has cheeses and a bit of chili pepper in it. It's very dense
> and moist. I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked
> it.

That bread sounds really good, Giusi!

But what's a "ramdom Italian"? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked loaf
> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water.
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
> thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

In a similar vein... One chipotle-cheese sausage rolled in half
of a LC pita bread, with some smoky harissa hummus and fried
peppers. (Yeah, I am mixing up areas a bit, so shoot me--it was
actually good.)

And Andy, about that bread issue... I very recently discovered
that although I tried the pita thing because I am eating LC, I
actually prefer it to the traditional bun precisely because it is
less bready, so the flavors of the sausages an accoutrements are
not so overpowered. The only problem is toasting the bread. It
seems one would have to do that after rolling everything up.
Frying would make the exterior greasy (but then we live through
that with grilled cheese). Maybe baking if we wanted to crisp the
bread up a bit?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel messaggio
5.247...
> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 04:27:25a, Giusi told us...

.. I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked
>> it.

> That bread sounds really good, Giusi!
>
> But what's a "ramdom Italian"? :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

One that happened along, randomly. There were two electricians, a mason and
my neighborlady. She isn't really random.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass
>> of ice water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>> I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> In a similar vein... One chipotle-cheese sausage rolled in half
> of a LC pita bread, with some smoky harissa hummus and fried
> peppers. (Yeah, I am mixing up areas a bit, so shoot me--it was
> actually good.)
>
> And Andy, about that bread issue... I very recently discovered
> that although I tried the pita thing because I am eating LC, I
> actually prefer it to the traditional bun precisely because it is
> less bready, so the flavors of the sausages an accoutrements are
> not so overpowered. The only problem is toasting the bread. It
> seems one would have to do that after rolling everything up.
> Frying would make the exterior greasy (but then we live through
> that with grilled cheese). Maybe baking if we wanted to crisp the
> bread up a bit?

Jean B,

I should revisit pita bread. I remember liking it from years gone by.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 04:27:25a, Giusi told us...
>
>> "Andy" <q> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>>
>>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass
>>> of ice water.
>>>
>>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>>> I thinking?
>>>
>>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Brand new recipe this morning. Zucchine Breakfast Bread, which is not
>> sweet, but has cheeses and a bit of chili pepper in it. It's very dense
>> and moist. I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked
>> it.

> That bread sounds really good, Giusi!
>
> But what's a "ramdom Italian"? :-)

A "ramdom" Italian?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 05:28:18a, Giusi told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> 5.247...
>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 04:27:25a, Giusi told us...
>>

> . I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked
>>> it.

>> That bread sounds really good, Giusi!
>>
>> But what's a "ramdom Italian"? :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> One that happened along, randomly. There were two electricians, a mason
> and my neighborlady. She isn't really random.

You know I was just teasing you, of course. :-) That bread really sounds
so good that I would like to make it. Would you share the recipe? Please?

Thanks...

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Publishers look at writers not as
creative partners, but as
commodity-suppliers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 05:44:16a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...

glass

WAS

>>> Brand new recipe this morning. Zucchine Breakfast Bread, which is not
>>> sweet, but has cheeses and a bit of chili pepper in it. It's very

dense
>>> and moist. I taste tested it on 4 random Italians and they all liked
>>> it.

>> That bread sounds really good, Giusi!
>>
>> But what's a "ramdom Italian"? :-)

> A "ramdom" Italian?

Sleepy fingers.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Publishers look at writers not as
creative partners, but as
commodity-suppliers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 03:54:02a, Andy told us...

> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
> loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice
> water.
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
> I thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Not working today, as I have to bake two birthday cakes for a party
tomorrow. 6:00 a.m. shopping for cake ingredients, $36; a stop at
Starbuck's afterward for an Americano and a slice of gingerbread,
Priceless! The last thing I wanted to do was cook breakfast. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
'A gift of humanity is what I want for
Christmas!!' - Opus

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:36:59a, Michael "Dog3" told us...

> "jmcquown" >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a
>> glass of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take
>> with food" - I'm not hungry!)

> I just had a big juicy nectarine and a glass of V8.
>
> Michael

Together? That must have tasted strange.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Everything I say can stand on its own
two faces

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 03:54:02a, Andy told us...
>
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
>> loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice
>> water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>> I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Not working today, as I have to bake two birthday cakes for a party
> tomorrow. 6:00 a.m. shopping for cake ingredients, $36; a stop at
> Starbuck's afterward for an Americano and a slice of gingerbread,
> Priceless! The last thing I wanted to do was cook breakfast. :-)

Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:54:24a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...
>
>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 03:54:02a, Andy told us...
>>
>>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>>
>>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini

baked
>>> loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of

ice
>>> water.
>>>
>>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>>> I thinking?
>>>
>>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> Not working today, as I have to bake two birthday cakes for a party
>> tomorrow. 6:00 a.m. shopping for cake ingredients, $36; a stop at
>> Starbuck's afterward for an Americano and a slice of gingerbread,
>> Priceless! The last thing I wanted to do was cook breakfast. :-)

> Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.

Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Cats must climb into their Daddy's
dropped briefs while he is sitting on
the toilet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:54:24a, Andy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>
>>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 03:54:02a, Andy told us...

> baked

> ice

WAS

>>> Not working today, as I have to bake two birthday cakes for a party
>>> tomorrow. 6:00 a.m. shopping for cake ingredients, $36; a stop at
>>> Starbuck's afterward for an Americano and a slice of gingerbread,
>>> Priceless! The last thing I wanted to do was cook breakfast. :-)

>> Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>
> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)

"...it's my birthday too, yeah!!!"
--The Beatles

Not really.

Sounds like a fun mess. Have fun!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
> loaf
> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water.
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
> thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Hi Andy, I like your breakfast threads, I haven't had the chance to keep up
w/ them in the last week because I have been painting my kitchen (pics
posted soon) and today I'm sewing the curtains.
Anyway, my breakfast today was a MSF Veggie Pizza burger w/ pizza sauce and
FF cheese.
Have you tried David Burg hot dogs? It's the only kind I'll eat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Woolstitcher wrote:
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
>> loaf
>> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
>> thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Hi Andy, I like your breakfast threads, I haven't had the chance to keep up
> w/ them in the last week because I have been painting my kitchen (pics
> posted soon) and today I'm sewing the curtains.
> Anyway, my breakfast today was a MSF Veggie Pizza burger w/ pizza sauce and
> FF cheese.
> Have you tried David Burg hot dogs? It's the only kind I'll eat.

Heh. Reading quickly, I thought you said "today I'm serving the
curtains." <g>

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:54:24a, Andy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>
>>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 03:54:02a, Andy told us...

> baked

> ice

>>> Not working today, as I have to bake two birthday cakes for a party
>>> tomorrow. 6:00 a.m. shopping for cake ingredients, $36; a stop at
>>> Starbuck's afterward for an Americano and a slice of gingerbread,
>>> Priceless! The last thing I wanted to do was cook breakfast. :-)

>> Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>
> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)

Yum. But I must say I don't like baking when it is hot out.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Woolstitcher wrote:
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>>
>>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked
>>> loaf
>>> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice
>>> water.
>>>
>>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>>> thinking?
>>>
>>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Hi Andy, I like your breakfast threads, I haven't had the chance to keep
>> up w/ them in the last week because I have been painting my kitchen (pics
>> posted soon) and today I'm sewing the curtains.
>> Anyway, my breakfast today was a MSF Veggie Pizza burger w/ pizza sauce
>> and FF cheese.
>> Have you tried David Burg hot dogs? It's the only kind I'll eat.
>>

> Heh. Reading quickly, I thought you said "today I'm serving the
> curtains." <g>
>

> --
> Jean B.

lol, well, you never know!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Woolstitcher said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>> baked loaf
>> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice
>> water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>> I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Hi Andy, I like your breakfast threads, I haven't had the chance to keep
> up w/ them in the last week because I have been painting my kitchen
> (pics posted soon) and today I'm sewing the curtains.
> Anyway, my breakfast today was a MSF Veggie Pizza burger w/ pizza sauce
> and FF cheese.
> Have you tried David Burg hot dogs? It's the only kind I'll eat.

Woolstitcher,

Thanks but "Breakfast" threads were really not MY idea. Ask the cabal!
TINC. Hmmm... maybe don't ask. I feel like I been framed! Better hush, hush
about it. I'll take the fall for the benefit of the r.f.c membership since
no one else will apparently step forward and accept responsibility.

That said, with a nick of Woolstitcher, sewing curtains sounds like a
breeze.

Any burger (what's MSF?) at breakfast is perfectly justified in a food
court of law!

Haven't heard of David Burg dogs until just now. Sounds kinda/sorta too
exotic for my ACME supermarket. I'll have to check, next visit.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Woolstitcher said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>>
>>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>>> baked loaf
>>> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice
>>> water.
>>>
>>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS
>>> I thinking?
>>>
>>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Hi Andy, I like your breakfast threads, I haven't had the chance to keep
>> up w/ them in the last week because I have been painting my kitchen
>> (pics posted soon) and today I'm sewing the curtains.
>> Anyway, my breakfast today was a MSF Veggie Pizza burger w/ pizza sauce
>> and FF cheese.
>> Have you tried David Burg hot dogs? It's the only kind I'll eat.

> Woolstitcher,
>
> Thanks but "Breakfast" threads were really not MY idea. Ask the cabal!
> TINC. Hmmm... maybe don't ask. I feel like I been framed! Better hush,
> hush
> about it. I'll take the fall for the benefit of the r.f.c membership since
> no one else will apparently step forward and accept responsibility.
>
> That said, with a nick of Woolstitcher, sewing curtains sounds like a
> breeze.
>
> Any burger (what's MSF?) at breakfast is perfectly justified in a food
> court of law!
>
> Haven't heard of David Burg dogs until just now. Sounds kinda/sorta too
> exotic for my ACME supermarket. I'll have to check, next visit.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

They are probably sold in more upscale stores. Not that I shop at those
stores often, usually it's because they are the only stores that have what
I'm looking for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 07:05:24a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...
>
>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:54:24a, Andy told us...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright said...

>>> Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>
>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)

> "...it's my birthday too, yeah!!!"
> --The Beatles
>
> Not really.
>
> Sounds like a fun mess. Have fun!!!
>
> Andy

Thanks, Andy. It will be fun.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Want some candy, little girl?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 07:13:42a, Jean B. told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 06:54:24a, Andy told us...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright said...

glass

WAS

>>> Oh, a masterbaker eh?!?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>
>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)
>>

> Yum. But I must say I don't like baking when it is hot out.

It will be 114° outside today, but inside the house it will be 68°. I
always chill it down a bit more when I'm baking.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Want some candy, little girl?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Andy <q> wrote:
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall
>> glass of ice water.
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What
>> WAS I thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a glass
> of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with food" -
> I'm not hungry!)
>
> Jill

Too high in fiber have a bagel instead.

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs01.htm
--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Andy <q> wrote:
>>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>>
>>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini
>>> baked loaf of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall
>>> glass of ice water.
>>>
>>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What
>>> WAS I thinking?
>>>
>>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a
>> glass of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with
>> food" - I'm not hungry!)
>>
>> Jill

> Too high in fiber have a bagel instead.
>
> http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs01.htm

Old Scoundrel,

Also, (not including the "Chicago" bagel) bagels are negative calorie food.
I.e., it takes more calories to chew than the calories it contains. I think
the same is true for celery. Not that anyone's asking.

I couldn't find bagels on that URL until I noticed the "Match case" search
option was checked. D'OH! Thanks!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

>>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>>
>>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)
>>>

>> Yum. But I must say I don't like baking when it is hot out.
>>

> It will be 114° outside today, but inside the house it will be 68°. I
> always chill it down a bit more when I'm baking.

Wayne,

Good grief! Got snakes in and around your house?

Andy
Just bury me in the shade
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Dimitri said...

<snip>

>>> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a
>>> glass of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with
>>> food" - I'm not hungry!)
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Too high in fiber have a bagel instead.
>>
>> http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs01.htm

> Old Scoundrel,
>
> Also, (not including the "Chicago" bagel) bagels are negative calorie
> food.
> I.e., it takes more calories to chew than the calories it contains. I
> think
> the same is true for celery. Not that anyone's asking.
>
> I couldn't find bagels on that URL until I noticed the "Match case" search
> option was checked. D'OH! Thanks!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Scroll way down its the first item under bread.

Jill is supposed to be on a low fiber diet - that's why the comment. I
thought this was a good (better) website than before.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Dimitri said...
>>

> <snip>

with

>>> Too high in fiber have a bagel instead.
>>>
>>> http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs01.htm

>> Old Scoundrel,
>>
>> Also, (not including the "Chicago" bagel) bagels are negative calorie
>> food.
>> I.e., it takes more calories to chew than the calories it contains. I
>> think
>> the same is true for celery. Not that anyone's asking.
>>
>> I couldn't find bagels on that URL until I noticed the "Match case"

search
>> option was checked. D'OH! Thanks!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Scroll way down its the first item under bread.
>
> Jill is supposed to be on a low fiber diet - that's why the comment. I
> thought this was a good (better) website than before.

Old Scoundrel,

I WAS gonna tell Jill that I'M low fiber but that would've just made me a
DIRTY OLD SCOUNDREL!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 25, 5:54*am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Breakfast Try Outs!
>
> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked loaf
> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice water..
>
> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS I
> thinking?
>
> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Andy, next time, roll your hotdog up in a bazooka-tube biscuit after
making a slot in it to add some good cheese that will melt - bake it
at 375 for about 10 or so minutes - that would be better for
breakfast, and much less bread. Partner it with some American fries
or O'Brien hash-browns (Ore-Ida makes some great frozen ones). My
breakfast theory: fast is good.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 09:07:26a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...

>>> Yum. But I must say I don't like baking when it is hot out.
>>>

>> It will be 114° outside today, but inside the house it will be 68°. I
>> always chill it down a bit more when I'm baking.

> Wayne,
>
> Good grief! Got snakes in and around your house?
>
> Andy
> Just bury me in the shade

No snakes or scorpions, but a few black ants out in the yard.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
Coming Soon!! Mouse Support for Edlin!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 said...

> On Jul 25, 5:54*am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Breakfast Try Outs!
>>
>> Two 1/4 lb. dinner hot dogs with yellow mustard tucked into a mini baked

> loaf
>> of Pepperidge Farm "artisan" rosemary bread and a tall glass of ice

water
> .
>>
>> Couldn't finish it! Too much bread me thinks, too crunchy too! What WAS

>> thinking?
>>
>> Breakfast hot dog mismanagement.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Andy, next time, roll your hotdog up in a bazooka-tube biscuit after
> making a slot in it to add some good cheese that will melt - bake it
> at 375 for about 10 or so minutes - that would be better for
> breakfast, and much less bread. Partner it with some American fries
> or O'Brien hash-browns (Ore-Ida makes some great frozen ones). My
> breakfast theory: fast is good.
>
> N.

Nancy2,

Can't I just leech off you in the morning at breakfast? I'll make the BEST
toast and orange juice for dinner, promise!!!

There's "Puka Dog" (http://www.pukadog.com/) on Kawai, HI that sounds
kinda/sorta similar to what you describe. I saw a food segment about it on
TV.

Seriously, I'll try one.

Best,

Andy
Looking up bazooka tube biscuits
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a
> glass of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with
> food" - I'm not hungry!)
>
> Jill

It is hard for me to eat in the morning, too. I am not hungry. About 4
hours after I wake up, I am ready to eat.

This morning we had breakfast tacos on corn tortillas. Peppers, onions,
eggs, leftover pork cutlets that were sliced very thin, cheddar cheese,
salsa.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>
> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)

Please take some photos. What I would really like to do, is taste them,
but photos would be nice. lol I hope the party goers know how lucky
they are!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> It's too early to eat I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and a
>> glass of skim milk. (This is the problem with meds that say "take with
>> food" - I'm not hungry!)
>>
>> Jill

> It is hard for me to eat in the morning, too. I am not hungry. About 4
> hours after I wake up, I am ready to eat.
>
> This morning we had breakfast tacos on corn tortillas. Peppers, onions,
> eggs, leftover pork cutlets that were sliced very thin, cheddar cheese,
> salsa.
>
> Becca

Muy excellenté

Sending Mariachis to Becca's house!!!

Buenos tardes,

Andrés

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> No snakes or scorpions, but a few black ants out in the yard.

Better than red!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 09:40:58a, Becca told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>
>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)
>>

> Please take some photos. What I would really like to do, is taste them,
> but photos would be nice. lol I hope the party goers know how lucky
> they are!
>
> Becca

I'll have to rely on the photog at the party. It's a large party and they
don't want a bunch of cameras around, but I'm sure I can get them to take a
couple of shots.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
I think, therefore I'm overqualified.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>
>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)
>>

> Please take some photos. What I would really like to do, is taste them,
> but photos would be nice. lol I hope the party goers know how lucky
> they are!
>
> Becca

What Becca said! AND if you could do one of those Google Earth "street
cam" drive around the cake views, we'd appreciate it!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 10:02:16a, Andy told us...

> Becca said...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I love baking, almost more than I love to cook. One will be a
>>> Schwartwälder Kirschtorte, the other a Tropical Lime Cake.
>>>
>>> Two birthdays, one party, different tastes. :-)
>>>

>> Please take some photos. What I would really like to do, is taste them,
>> but photos would be nice. lol I hope the party goers know how lucky

they
>> are!
>>
>> Becca

> What Becca said! AND if you could do one of those Google Earth "street
> cam" drive around the cake views, we'd appreciate it!
>
> Andy

Like I would know how to do that, even if I had a video, which I dont. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)
'I think so, Brain, but this time you
wear the tutu.' -- Pinky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Fri 25 Jul 2008 10:02:16a, Andy told us...
>
>> Becca said...

>>> Please take some photos. What I would really like to do, is taste

them,
>>> but photos would be nice. lol I hope the party goers know how lucky

> they
>>> are!
>>>
>>> Becca

>> What Becca said! AND if you could do one of those Google Earth "street
>> cam" drive around the cake views, we'd appreciate it!
>>
>> Andy

> Like I would know how to do that, even if I had a video, which I dont.

:-)

Wayne,

Just pick up one of these $$$ puppies...

http://www.immersivemedia.com/demo/demo.php (click on the graphic, then
click around). The driving force behind Google Earth's "Street View"

I bet Stan has one by now! Pro-pho BUM!!! that he is!

Best,

Andy
With apologies to Stan, I just need alibis.

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE CONTACT THE CABAL??? TINC