Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pesto-dressed Chicken Salad

Pics are on alt.binaries.food.

I brought the bowties home from Sienna, Italy last Fall.

While they cooked, I made pesto from a small handful of freshly picked
parsley, three times as much freshly picked basil, one clove garlic,
olive oil, a few sun-dried tomatoes in oil, the end of a jar of TJ Olive
Bruschetta, some nuke-toasted walnuts, and some packaged pre-shredded
parm. Sue me. I think the pesto was the best I've ever made.

I drained and rinsed the cooked bowties in cold water a few times, then
added a half breast of chicken from yesterday's roast chicken, cut into
pieces, and about four green onions, sliced. A few gobs of pesto on
top, mixed with a spatula, plated on top of leaf lettuce, cherry tomato
and parm garnishes for me, some Keebler club crackers on the side, and
it was supper ‹ within 30 minutes, start to finish, of when I decided
I'd better think of something for supper.

We're going to get at least three meals from that $6 chicken. Not bad.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
rec.food.cooking
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Pics are on alt.binaries.food.
>
> I brought the bowties home from Sienna, Italy last Fall.
>
> While they cooked, I made pesto from a small handful of freshly picked
> parsley, three times as much freshly picked basil, one clove garlic,
> olive oil, a few sun-dried tomatoes in oil, the end of a jar of TJ Olive
> Bruschetta, some nuke-toasted walnuts, and some packaged pre-shredded
> parm. Sue me. I think the pesto was the best I've ever made.
>
> I drained and rinsed the cooked bowties in cold water a few times, then
> added a half breast of chicken from yesterday's roast chicken, cut into
> pieces, and about four green onions, sliced. A few gobs of pesto on
> top, mixed with a spatula, plated on top of leaf lettuce, cherry tomato
> and parm garnishes for me, some Keebler club crackers on the side, and
> it was supper < within 30 minutes, start to finish, of when I decided
> I'd better think of something for supper.
>
> We're going to get at least three meals from that $6 chicken. Not bad.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Sounds delish! I love using something like your chicken for more than one
meal.

We went to my brother and sister in law's place tonight, and she made a new
salad I've never had befo It was bowties, fresh corn, feta cheese,
tomatoes, basil, and a lime based dressing. Quite yummy!

kimberly