Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Pesto-dressed Chicken Salad

Pics are on alt.binaries.food.

I brought the bowties home from Sienna, Italy last Fall.

While they cooked, I made pesto from a small handful of freshly picked
parsley, three times as much freshly picked basil, one clove garlic,
olive oil, a few sun-dried tomatoes in oil, the end of a jar of TJ Olive
Bruschetta, some nuke-toasted walnuts, and some packaged pre-shredded
parm. Sue me. I think the pesto was the best I've ever made.

I drained and rinsed the cooked bowties in cold water a few times, then
added a half breast of chicken from yesterday's roast chicken, cut into
pieces, and about four green onions, sliced. A few gobs of pesto on
top, mixed with a spatula, plated on top of leaf lettuce, cherry tomato
and parm garnishes for me, some Keebler club crackers on the side, and
it was supper ‹ within 30 minutes, start to finish, of when I decided
I'd better think of something for supper.

We're going to get at least three meals from that $6 chicken. Not bad.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
rec.food.cooking